'Hot Boyz' nickname a year later, buy or sell?

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Had no problem with it last year and still have no problem. Just guys having a little fun.......

https://mavensports.io/cowboys/news...d-his-return-to-the-field-Is8k-f-OnUqnPXHxlRR
Cowboys 1-on-1: Tank Lawrence on 'Hot Boyz' claims and his return to the field
https%3A%2F%2Fimages.saymedia-content.com%2F.image%2FMTY2MzU0MjQ2ODc3MzI0OTc0%2Fcraw-tank-usa.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fmaven.io%2Fapi%2Fuser%2FwrXBZXKyZ0Cs1yNmLcpZ7g%2Fphoto%3Fversion%3D7

byMikeFisher19 hrs

FRISCO - DeMarcus Lawrence is back - to claim his starting left end spot in the Dallas Cowboys defense, and to slap around any pretenders' claims to his "Hot Boyz'' throne.

"''It was real fun'' to be back, Tank told me in a 1-on-1 visit following his Tuesday return to practice after months of rehab from shoulder surgery. "Coach (Rod) Marinelli wanted to put his foot on me. But like we tell him, 'Once you've been broken so many times, it's hard to break a broken man.' ... We're comfortable with being uncomfortable. And that's how we play.'
iu

JayFord

Reaction score
I sold it over a year ago

Unless you reach a nfc championship you’re your government name

JayFord

Reaction score
Yep, the rapper Juvenile was in the group.

LOL I bet like 95% of the people who hate the nickname have no idea about the obvious origin of it. In the late ‘90s/early 2000s, the Hot Boys were a very popular rap group.

The hot boys the hot boys we on fire

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah, the brand does tend to evoke that sort of ego trip. I like Jaylon and Coop's attitudes - just play ball! The rest will take care of itself.
Really Cops attitude? he turned down maybe 17mil and wants more, most likely going to test FA and demand way more then we can afford..

someone will overpay him and his foot seems problematic. Never know when it will flare up. Hes not being team guy because hes not holding out he turned down more money then he deserves for MORE..He and Dak did this and just because they arent holding out doesnt mean their demands arent holding our Cap hostage..

Dont act like JS did us favor, he started less then 22 games and had one solid year last year, he got way above what hes earned and was paid ie LOANED for what his future ceiling will hold.. thats not taking a cheap contract IMO .. he if he got what he earned up to this point it would have been 10 or under...I like his attitude and energy for sure im glad he got his money,

Zeke is asking for what hes earned and will continue to earn with no real shot at another big payday..hes preventing himself from being used up and cut before his peak payday passes..

hes not being selfish that just the way fans see it, the business side of sports blurs the line between fan and player but not one player yet has actually took team friendly deal from where I sit.. Dak and Amari's turned down top 5 money and Tank held us hostage with the surgery , thats better? Zeke simply looks worse but really it is not...not from where I sit..

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really Cops attitude? he turned down maybe 17mil and wants more, most likely going to test FA and demand way more then we can afford..

someone will overpay him and his foot seems problematic. Never know when it will flare up. Hes not being team guy because hes not holding out he turned down more money then he deserves for MORE..He and Dak did this and just because they arent holding out doesnt mean their demands arent holding our Cap hostage..

Dont act like JS did us favor, he started less then 22 games and had one solid year last year, he got way above what hes earned and was paid ie LOANED for what his future ceiling will hold.. thats not taking a cheap contract IMO .. he if he got what he earned up to this point it would have been 10 or under...I like his attitude and energy for sure im glad he got his money,

Zeke is asking for what hes earned and will continue to earn with no real shot at another big payday..hes preventing himself from being used up and cut before his peak payday passes..

hes not being selfish that just the way fans see it, the business side of sports blurs the line between fan and player but not one player yet has actually took team friendly deal from where I sit.. Dak and Amari's turned down top 5 money and Tank held us hostage with the surgery , thats better? Zeke simply looks worse but really it is not...not from where I sit..
Fair enough. I probably mixed in an unrelated idea. But you make good points.
I just prefer that players are present and plugged in. The future NFL is shaping up to be a fantasy league with no sense of team and allegiance, but maybe I'm just caught up in the past. Or maybe just disillusioned because free agency is becoming an albatross and needs tweaking.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Had no problem with it last year and still have no problem. Just guys having a little fun.......

https://mavensports.io/cowboys/news...d-his-return-to-the-field-Is8k-f-OnUqnPXHxlRR

byMikeFisher19 hrs

FRISCO - DeMarcus Lawrence is back - to claim his starting left end spot in the Dallas Cowboys defense, and to slap around any pretenders' claims to his "Hot Boyz'' throne.

"''It was real fun'' to be back, Tank told me in a 1-on-1 visit following his Tuesday return to practice after months of rehab from shoulder surgery. "Coach (Rod) Marinelli wanted to put his foot on me. But like we tell him, 'Once you've been broken so many times, it's hard to break a broken man.' ... We're comfortable with being uncomfortable. And that's how we play.'

Trivia Note: Apparently the only Non-DLinemen in the Boyz club are Jaylon and Anthony Brown.

Sean Lee joked that he was not admitted.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Fair enough. I probably mixed in an unrelated idea. But you make good points.
I just prefer that players are present and plugged in. The future NFL is shaping up to be a fantasy league with no sense of team and allegiance, but maybe I'm just caught up in the past. Or maybe just disillusioned because free agency is becoming an albatross and needs tweaking.
the ugly side of business but this RB issue has just reared its ugly head AROUND the NFL.. if the Rams didnt pay Gurley early they spared him the 5th year option or having to holdout but simply giving him what he asked for, if not he would have pulled what Bell pulled and what Zekes doing.. SB over with the giants you dont think hes going to do this? Melvin Gordon isnt even Elite but hes doing it.. this is a unique situation where NFL RBs see whats been going on and have decided to fight back.. yes it sux Zekes not here but how much work is he really missing? 15 snaps in PS and some walk through cupcake practices.. the reason NFL RBs of Zekes caliber are good all their college careers and can step into the NFL and be Elite , is they have been doing this at high level their whole lives, he can miss TC and step into first game and not really miss beat other then full game shape but who is? Tank got the stamina? Amari? how many snaps have the starters actually take? Zekes working hard with conditioning but no player game 1 will be in full game shape until week 3 IMO. didnt ES come in game 3 and win the crown and hardware? maybe its good , history repeating itself..:)

yes it looks bad I wish it were not happening,

I see your point, all this contract talk when we have shot at doing great things and need to focus on winning it all, this is a distraction but its business..

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Buy. It's pretty much the best thing going with the team right now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I hope they change it to purge squad since that is what the LBs go by.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the ugly side of business but this RB issue has just reared its ugly head AROUND the NFL.. if the Rams didnt pay Gurley early they spared him the 5th year option or having to holdout but simply giving him what he asked for, if not he would have pulled what Bell pulled and what Zekes doing.. SB over with the giants you dont think hes going to do this? Melvin Gordon isnt even Elite but hes doing it.. this is a unique situation where NFL RBs see whats been going on and have decided to fight back.. yes it sux Zekes not here but how much work is he really missing? 15 snaps in PS and some walk through cupcake practices.. the reason NFL RBs of Zekes caliber are good all their college careers and can step into the NFL and be Elite , is they have been doing this at high level their whole lives, he can miss TC and step into first game and not really miss beat other then full game shape but who is? Tank got the stamina? Amari? how many snaps have the starters actually take? Zekes working hard with conditioning but no player game 1 will be in full game shape until week 3 IMO. didnt ES come in game 3 and win the crown and hardware? maybe its good , history repeating itself..:)

yes it looks bad I wish it were not happening,

I see your point, all this contract talk when we have shot at doing great things and need to focus on winning it all, this is a distraction but its business..
It's the uncertainty, I think, As a fan, I want to see a finished product. That's the nature of my beast. Players are worked harder during the season (or before) and have to cash in before injury and brute force contact take their toll. That's their reality.
We are so close to a title I can smell it. Just frustrating to see how this plays out with so much exploitation and FO fumbling in the press. The brand is in danger of imploding. But, maybe that's the nature of being the bait! Keep the fans all juiced up - like getting kicked in the balls - it feels better later.

visionary

Reaction score

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.saymedia-content.com%2F.image%2FMTY2MzU0MjQ2ODc3MzI0OTc0%2Fcraw-tank-usa.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fmaven.io%2Fapi%2Fuser%2FwrXBZXKyZ0Cs1yNmLcpZ7g%2Fphoto%3Fversion%3D7

byMikeFisher19 hrs

Sell big time