Hot Draft Rumor page leading up to the draft

RS12

Reaction score
I’ve heard an opinion from more than a few people who believe Garett Bolles could slip out of the first round. It’s not an opinion I share, as Bolles still grades as the premier left tackle in this year’s draft on my board.

The teams that I hear are highest on Bolles right now include the Denver Broncos (20th selection), New York Giants (No. 23), Oakland Raiders (No. 24) and Houston Texans (No. 25).

I was told two interesting nuggets on the Baltimore Ravens last night: 1) if they hold onto the 16th selection, offensive tackle Cam Robinson enters the conversation as the pick and 2) if they trade down, the target is likely Takkarist McKinley, a favorite of Ozzie Newsome over the past six months.

A source with ties to the team tells me he feels the Green Bay Packers are gearing up to select T.J. Watt in Round 1.

We expect Davis Webb to be off the board by the middle of round 2. Teams showing the greatest interest to this point include the New York Jets, New Orleans Saints, Los Angeles Chargers and Arizona Cardinals.

Qbert

Reaction score
As we get closer to the start of the draft, talk of potential trades is heating up. Draft Analyst has learned of one potential trade late in the first round.

Sources have told us the Atlanta Falcons (31st pick) and Seattle Seahawks (26th pick) are discussing swapping first-round picks. It’s a trade many think will ultimately occur, in large part due to the relationship between Falcons head coach Dan Quinn and his former employer.

I’ve been told the Falcons want to jump ahead of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers and Dallas Cowboys to ensure themselves of a top-rated pass rusher. The name being floated as their target is Charles Harris of Missouri.

Once they move back, the Seahawks will then target an offensive lineman. The name given to me is tackle Garett Bolles of Utah. Seahawks offensive line coach Tom Cable was on the Utes campus this past Sunday meeting with the team’s top offensive line prospects.

I’m told the compensation for the swap is likely to end up being a fourth-round pick.

http://draftanalyst.com/da-draft-buzz-falcons-seahawks-set-swap-picks

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As we get closer to the start of the draft, talk of potential trades is heating up. Draft Analyst has learned of one potential trade late in the first round.

Sources have told us the Atlanta Falcons (31st pick) and Seattle Seahawks (26th pick) are discussing swapping first-round picks. It’s a trade many think will ultimately occur, in large part due to the relationship between Falcons head coach Dan Quinn and his former employer.

I’ve been told the Falcons want to jump ahead of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers and Dallas Cowboys to ensure themselves of a top-rated pass rusher. The name being floated as their target is Charles Harris of Missouri.

Once they move back, the Seahawks will then target an offensive lineman. The name given to me is tackle Garett Bolles of Utah. Seahawks offensive line coach Tom Cable was on the Utes campus this past Sunday meeting with the team’s top offensive line prospects.

I’m told the compensation for the swap is likely to end up being a fourth-round pick.

From what im hearing Harris will likely be long gone.

I dont think they would do it for Watt. Watt would be redundant with Beasley

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

gtA1kaq.gif

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
From what im hearing Harris will likely be long gone.

I dont think they would do it for Watt. Watt would be redundant with Beasley

You wouldn't think so. But Barnett or Willis (especially) would be good compliments for Beasley.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You wouldn't think so. But Barnett or Willis (especially) would be good compliments for Beasley.
Definitely. They need a guy that can play RDE on run downs and LDE on pass downs. Using a Leo can leave you in a strategic disadvantage if a team wants to pass in a running situation and Beasley is now commited to coverage in a LB position. You need a guy who can still rush the passer at RDE in that situation

Sydla

Reaction score
Jeremiah tweeting that there could be a run on QBs in Rd 1 but late in the round. Only one might go Top 10 but as many as 4 could go late in the first round.

Interesting because a Steelers website is reporting they have interest in Kizer possibly in Rd 1.

If teams are looking at QBs late, we might get some real value at 28 if we want to trade.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Jeremiah tweeting that there could be a run on QBs in Rd 1 but late in the round. Only one might go Top 10 but as many as 4 could go late in the first round.

Interesting because a Steelers website is reporting they have interest in Kizer possibly in Rd 1.

If teams are looking at QBs late, we might get some real value at 28 if we want to trade.
Interesting.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I've heard the same about the Steelers and that the Bears may take Trubisky at #3.

But I'm not moving unless the pass rushers and Jackson are all gone.

Gaede

Reaction score
Unfortunately, because everyone and their mom knows we're looking pass rusher or CB, I expect teams that want one to jump ahead of us

DFWJC

Reaction score
I’ve heard an opinion from more than a few people who believe Garett Bolles could slip out of the first round. It’s not an opinion I share, as Bolles still grades as the premier left tackle in this year’s draft on my board.

The teams that I hear are highest on Bolles right now include the Denver Broncos (20th selection), New York Giants (No. 23), Oakland Raiders (No. 24) and Houston Texans (No. 25).

I was told two interesting nuggets on the Baltimore Ravens last night: 1) if they hold onto the 16th selection, offensive tackle Cam Robinson enters the conversation as the pick and 2) if they trade down, the target is likely Takkarist McKinley, a favorite of Ozzie Newsome over the past six months.

A source with ties to the team tells me he feels the Green Bay Packers are gearing up to select T.J. Watt in Round 1.

We expect Davis Webb to be off the board by the middle of round 2. Teams showing the greatest interest to this point include the New York Jets, New Orleans Saints, Los Angeles Chargers and Arizona Cardinals.
I don't know. Garrett Bowles kind of looks like the dumb and dumber guys.
Then he ends having a Wonderlic score at the level of low grade bean dip.
I prefer my lineman smart...or at least relatively so.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Unfortunately, because everyone and their mom knows we're looking pass rusher or CB, I expect teams that want one to jump ahead of us

Yup...Sounds like Atlanta already has a deal in place w/ Seattle for them to jump us and take Charles Harris.:confused:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I don't know. Garrett Bowles kind of looks like the dumb and dumber guys.
Then he ends having a Wonderlic score at the level of low grade bean dip.
I prefer my lineman smart...or at least relatively so.

Agree...that one was shocking. Bolles wonderlic score plus his age....probably makes him a one contract player. I don't think I'd be willing to burn a #1 pick on a guy like that. Won't shock me to see him drop to 2nd round. :rolleyes: