HotBoyz?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jason Hatcher, George Selvie, and a few other linemen have had career years working with him.

A big frustration I have with him is this fixation on being able to "coach em up" and signing "orphans" or drafting guys in just the late rounds rather than bringing in established talent.

And I'll never forgive him for Taco over Watt, that's all on him.

Yah, I don't consider either of those guys as hitting it. He seems good at getting scrubs to have good years at times, but he has failed miserably at getting a great DL together and he has been here for a long time. ZERO pro bowl DT's and one pro bowl DE. And this is supposed to be his forte.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yah, I don't consider either of those guys as hitting it. He seems good at getting scrubs to have good years at times, but he has failed miserably at getting a great DL together and he has been here for a long time. ZERO pro bowl DT's and one pro bowl DE. And this is supposed to be his forte.

He's been a huge liability in terms of getting a decent run-stuffing one technique defensive tackle. For all of his Rushmen bull**** and 'get up the field' and sacrificing size and strength for quick twitch, it has never translated into the sack numbers to justify the trade off. And again, last time out, his line got gashed and destroyed to the tune of over 270 yards.

They can "love the guy" as much as they want, but if he doesn't get those tells and this run defense fixed, he needs to go, because the trade off isn't worth it.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
They wear early 90’s fluorescent T-shirt’s under their jerseys and wanted to finally reveal the fad.

Hot green, Hot pink, hot orange. Anyone remember those colors?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Can someone please explain what this nickname is supposed to mean? These guys wear and talk about it like it a badge of courage. Its sounds like the dumbest nickname for a DL group I have ever heard. Maybe the explanation will make sense.
The simple answer is always the best answer.

Hot and heat are synonyms. So they're putting heat on the QB. Making him hot in the pocket.
HotBoyz. Because they bring the heat.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I lost all respect for the name when they included Taco.

groucho-marx-quotes-21.jpg

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Yah, you cant give yourself a nickname. You get a nickname by other people when you actually do something. Only one guy on the line that could actually brag about producing. What did they have under 40 sacks last year?
I disagree. If it brings the team together and leads to being a top 5 or top 10 defense I dont see how any fan could complain. But hey I guess that is a part of fandom.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree. If it brings the team together and leads to being a top 5 or top 10 defense I dont see how any fan could complain. But hey I guess that is a part of fandom.

I'll "complain", about 0 sacks and getting demolished for over 270 yards rushing.

You let that happen, you don't deserve to give yourself any nicknames, other than "The Red Sea", that one feels appropriate.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I'll "complain", about 0 sacks and getting demolished for over 270 yards rushing.

You let that happen, you don't deserve to give yourself any nicknames, other than "The Red Sea", that one feels appropriate.
Then no one in the history of sports ever deserved a nickname. Bad games are had by all my friend.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then no one in the history of sports ever deserved a nickname. Bad games are had by all my friend.

They started with one mistake giving themselves a nickname. You let others do that, when your level of play deserves it. But again somebody like Taco isn't bright enough to know that.

They followed that up with making a poor choice in a name that doesn't sound tough or masculine at all.

And the last nail in that coffin was ending the season getting their lunch money stolen in big losses to the Colts and the Rams.

Time to drop the self-appointed nickname and get back to work correcting what's getting you killed.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
They started with one mistake giving themselves a nickname. You let others do that, when your level of play deserves it. But again somebody like Taco isn't bright enough to know that.

They followed that up with making a poor choice in a name that doesn't sound tough or masculine at all.

And the last nail in that coffin was ending the season getting their lunch money stolen in big losses to the Colts and the Rams.

Time to drop the self-appointed nickname and get back to work correcting what's getting you killed.
Top 5 defense is a mistake?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Top 5 defense is a mistake?

Clobbered when it truly mattered most.

If that happens to you, you don't deserve a nickname, much less an embarrassing one that you had to give yourself.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well.... that's all up to Taco. Things can change if the guy plays well. Otherwise, he will be kicked to the curb.

He's clearly on notice when one of the top guys in the organization in Will McClay says "the train's not waiting".