HotBoyz?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Clobbered when it truly mattered most.

If that happens to you, you don't deserve a nickname, much less an embarrassing one that you had to give yourself.
Magic Johnson got clobbered when it really mattered most.....was he no longer Magic?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Can someone please explain what this nickname is supposed to mean? These guys wear and talk about it like it a badge of courage. Its sounds like the dumbest nickname for a DL group I have ever heard. Maybe the explanation will make sense.
You are old and listen to country you wouldn't understand. Instead of complaining about the name why don't you try and be more cultured.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Magic Johnson got clobbered when it really mattered most.....was he no longer Magic?

Did he never accomplish anything the way this group has?

If so, you have a point, if not, you don't.

Also, did he call himself "Magic"? Did he give himself that nickname?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The simple answer is always the best answer.

Hot and heat are synonyms. So they're putting heat on the QB. Making him hot in the pocket.
HotBoyz. Because they bring the heat.

Now that actually would make better sense. But sadly, they dont put a lot of heat on the QB. And certainly anyone but Lawrence rarely sniffs the QB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I disagree. If it brings the team together and leads to being a top 5 or top 10 defense I dont see how any fan could complain. But hey I guess that is a part of fandom.

Its all about production. And a name doesnt make you a top defense. Your play does. You get a name from fans or players when you actually do something.

There is also no evidence that the name brought them together. Seeing as Taco was benched for several games for a bad attitude that he wasnt getting enough playing time.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You are old and listen to country you wouldn't understand. Instead of complaining about the name why don't you try and be more cultured.

De La Soul and Biggie Smalls thank you.

I will admit that I dont like much about todays music. Im 48. If you are of the newer generations then I dont blame you for your music appreciation. The music today is terrible.

Rock on Roll is truly dead. Not a big country guy at all actually.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Now that actually would make better sense. But sadly, they dont put a lot of heat on the QB. And certainly anyone but Lawrence rarely sniffs the QB.
There will be a lot of competition for playing time this year in camp, so hopefully it'll come together for those guys this year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its going to be 2070....some of ya'll will be on your death bed and the gibberish coming out of your mouth will be the Hot Boys nickname, not drafting TJ Watt, is Zeke fat and the good ol' Romo is wearing his hat backwards lol.

cowboyec

Reaction score
as long as they smother the QB...don't give a damn what they call themselves.

I'd go with DOOMSDAY RISING but I'm old and nostolgic....THE OUTLAWS or SILVER WOLVES woulda been cool...but what the hell do I know.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I like the Quinn pickup. Maybe Hill can do something in the 2nd half of the season.
I think Hill is going to help straight away.

Not saying he’ll start but IMO, he will be a big part of the 3T rotation from jump street.