Hottest Movie Actress of All Time Tournament [Expanded Brackets Posts 265 & 266]

Status
Not open for further replies.

timb2

Reaction score
I am assuming we are pulling all the extra suggestions (e.g. more than the first 128 actresses nominated) and starting another "NIT" bracket? You guys will be the death of me. :muttley:

The extra bracket probably deserves a separate thread.
WAIT would 164 work as a tournament? If we added all the ones before and 40+ I just mention. Could it work?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Updated Additions to Typed Brackets and Seeding List

Number 30 Seeds

Sanaa Lathan [Robin Givens is a play-in seed] (116) North Region
Elena Anaya [Kelly LeBrock is a play-in seed] (119) West Region
Rosamund Pike [Susan Lucci is a play-in seed] (120) South Region

Number 31 Seeds

Pom Klementieff [Suzanne Somers is a play-in seed] (121) South Region
Neve Campbell [Vanity is a play-in seed] (122) West Region
Natassia Malthe [Sean Young is a play-in seed] (125) North Region
Linda Harrison [Jami Gertz is a play-in seed] (126) East Region
A bunch of immediate or early elimination candidates
:laugh:

Well, maybe not Natassia

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am assuming we are pulling all the extra suggestions (e.g. more than the first 128 actresses nominated) and starting another "NIT" bracket? You guys will be the death of me. :muttley:

The extra bracket probably deserves a separate thread.
"The Best of the Rest"

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think what should happen here is that we break these contestants into Conferences and Divisions. You can have your high powered candidates set up as Power Conferences. The Sigourney Weavers of the world can be Jr. College type stuff.

:confused:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WAIT would 164 work as a tournament? If we added all the ones before and 40+ I just mention. Could it work?
*POP POP POP*

Wait. What is that sound?

Oh. That is a series of aneurysms exploding in my head.

Okay peoples. I am making an executive decision, which is also the title of a movie that starred Kurt Russell, Steven Seagal and ***drumroll*** Halle Berry. :p

Truth. There have been and are attractive women who have graced the big and small screens. Many of them. Bunches of them. We can nominate actresses until the cows come home but I will not keep feeding the monster.

So. Answers.

1. 164 can work. I prefer even brackets of 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 and (insanely) 128. I was okay with a few late nominees but we are actually up to 52 after-the-fact new additions since the brackets were bumped up to 128. If I were more crazy than I am, I would suggest 8 rounds of 256. I am not that crazy. :)
2. This particular thread had gotten too big for its britches when I helped suggest a 128-actress tournament.
3. I am still working towards posting my own results of said 128-actress bracket.

Now suggestions.

a. The extra 52 actress suggestions should be transferred to a new thread called the NIT or something different from this thread.
b. My preference would be 32-actress bracket with 20 play-in seeds OR folks working out a few more suggestions out of their systems and naming 12 more for a 64-actress bracket.
c. This thread can finally devote itself to the winner of a 128-actress field only.

My decisions.

• I am out of the seeding game altogether (that stuff will give you a migraine if you are serious trust me)
  • I am removing the late nominees (those suggested after the 128 field was created) from the my brackets. Those who want to keep them can knock yourself out. :D
  • If no one else is interested I can create a new NIT thread with the late additions listed below but that is about as far as I am gonna ride this neverending Frankenstein rollercoaster
Here's the extra current 52 suggestions (in alphabetical order by last name/duplicates removed):

Maria Conchita Alonzo
Susan Anton
Devon Aoki
Morena Baccarin
Ann Bancroft
Camilla Belle
Sofia Boutello
Sonja Bracco
Neve Campbell
Eliza Dushku
Sandra Echverria
Carmen Electra
Elena Eleniak
Shannon Elisabeth
Annette Funacello
Jennifer Garner
Jami Gertz
Robin Givens
Beti Hana
Lauren Hutton
Jenna Jameson
Olivia Newton John
Katrina Kaif
Jayne Kennedy
Mila Kunis
Kelly LeBrock
Tina Louise
Susan Lucci
Ali McGraw
Julie Micheals
Vanessa Minillo
Karen Parsons
Tera Patrick
Elisabeth Pena
Maggie Q
Priya Rai
Holly Robinson
Zoe Saldana
Marley Shelton
Alicia Silverstone
Jessica Simpson
Suzanne Somers
Sharon Tate
Christine Taylor
Marisa Tomei
Tamilyn Tomita
Lana Turner
Vanity
Patricia Velasquez
Sigourney Weaver
Anna Mae Wong
Sean Young

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think what should happen here is that we break these contestants into Conferences and Divisions. You can have your high powered candidates set up as Power Conferences. The Sigourney Weavers of the world can be Jr. College type stuff.

:confused:
My friend, the idea is nice but I personally will not be touching it with a ten-foot pole. :laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I missed a couple of late entries but I think I got the right total of 52 now.

While I am thinking about it...

Any new thread will have the following disclaimer:

"This tournament is composed of actresses from the prime of their careers. It is not a present-day comparison contest."

That should help some people re-think the 'Oh! She's 90 now! hardy har har!' or 'She's been dead for decades! Better rename this the Ms Cryptkeeper Madness! hehe snort!' responses before posting. ;)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
*POP POP POP*

Wait. What is that sound?

Oh. That is a series of aneurysms exploding in my head.

Okay peoples. I am making an executive decision, which is also the title of a movie that starred Kurt Russell, Steven Seagal and ***drumroll*** Halle Berry. :p

Truth. There have been and are attractive women who have graced the big and small screens. Many of them. Bunches of them. We can nominate actresses until the cows come home but I will not keep feeding the monster.

So. Answers.

1. 164 can work. I prefer even brackets of 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 and (insanely) 128. I was okay with a few late nominees but we are actually up to 52 after-the-fact new additions since the brackets were bumped up to 128. If I were more crazy than I am, I would suggest 8 rounds of 256. I am not that crazy. :)
2. This particular thread had gotten too big for its britches when I helped suggest a 128-actress tournament.
3. I am still working towards posting my own results of said 128-actress bracket.

Now suggestions.

a. The extra 52 actress suggestions should be transferred to a new thread called the NIT or something different from this thread.
b. My preference would be 32-actress bracket with 20 play-in seeds OR folks working out a few more suggestions out of their systems and naming 12 more for a 64-actress bracket.
c. This thread can finally devote itself to the winner of a 128-actress field only.

My decisions.

• I am out of the seeding game altogether (that stuff will give you a migraine if you are serious trust me)
  • I am removing the late nominees (those suggested after the 128 field was created) from the my brackets. Those who want to keep them can knock yourself out. :D
  • If no one else is interested I can create a new NIT thread with the late additions listed below but that is about as far as I am gonna ride this neverending Frankenstein rollercoaster
Here's the extra current 52 suggestions (in alphabetical order by last name/duplicates removed):

Maria Conchita Alonzo
Susan Anton
Devon Aoki
Morena Baccarin
Ann Bancroft
Camilla Belle
Sofia Boutello
Sonja Bracco
Neve Campbell
Eliza Dushku
Sandra Echverria
Carmen Electra
Elena Eleniak
Shannon Elisabeth
Annette Funacello
Jennifer Garner
Jami Gertz
Robin Givens
Beti Hana
Lauren Hutton
Jenna Jameson
Olivia Newton John
Katrina Kaif
Jayne Kennedy
Mila Kunis
Kelly LeBrock
Tina Louise
Susan Lucci
Ali McGraw
Julie Micheals
Vanessa Minillo
Karen Parsons
Tera Patrick
Elisabeth Pena
Maggie Q
Priya Rai
Holly Robinson
Zoe Saldana
Marley Shelton
Alicia Silverstone
Jessica Simpson
Suzanne Somers
Sharon Tate
Christine Taylor
Marisa Tomei
Tamilyn Tomita
Lana Turner
Vanity
Patricia Velasquez
Sigourney Weaver
Anna Mae Wong
Sean Young
If the additional 52 took this long to be considered, they have zero chance of winning, so it would be pointless to add them to the list.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1st Round

Q9PlKeO.jpg

9xExgpI.jpg

UpKCERQ.jpg

vMGTWnc.jpg

Lcjqrzp.jpg

3I9Xgs6.jpg