Houston Astros MLB Playoffs

joseephuss

Reaction score
If MLB was against Houston then why wait until WS? why not divisional vs Marlins or ACL vs Yankees?

Because neither of those series was close enough. It would have been too obvious. This WS is close enough that a few calls here and there can make a difference. Of course I'm just kidding as I don't think there is any conspiracy at all. Just playing devil's advocate for the theorists out there.

joseephuss

Reaction score
If it's close tonight questionable calls will only go Philly's way.

MLB does not want a Houston win.

JV got a win

jvchoke.jpg

It's now November

:thumbup:

The weird thing is he has been good in the divisional series and the championship series during his career. His struggles begin once he gets to the World Series, so late October is is problem period.

kskboys

Reaction score
The weird thing is he has been good in the divisional series and the championship series during his career. His struggles begin once he gets to the World Series, so late October is is problem period.
I think at least part of the problem is that Ver is a creature of habit, and hates to get off schedule. And when the playoffs hit, the pitching schedule is almost always catywampus. He is absolutely not the guy to pitch on short rest, and I know for a fact that a couple seasons ago, they pitched him on short rest vs TB, and it ruined him for the rest of the playoffs. I know this year he's been on way too long of a hiatus, and I think that's a huge reason why he's been giving it up.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
The Christian cake store would have had to make a cake for somebody that violated their religious ethics, hardly the same as refusing to serve some organization that plays a sport.

The pizza place was still silly for refusing the order, if they did it because the order was for the Astros, imho....

You don’t get to pick and choose. Either you believe a private business gets to choose who they serve or not. You can’t choose for them or you don’t believe it’s their right to decide.

And BTW more has come out in Philly about this.
https://www.inquirer.com/food/phill...gelos-mikes-bbq-astros-starving-20221102.html

Pizza place closes very early and often sells out. The order would be for after the closed. Hell they just catered for the Steelers when they were in town so they place doesn’t have a problem feeding out of town teams.
BBQ place- Astros were trying to order Latin food not BBQ. Owner recommended places to call.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I’m happy for Dusty Baker . Won it as as player in 81 that’s 41 yrs ago with the Dodgers now this as a manager . Your alright in my book sir congrats . Dude was a pretty fair hitting Left fielder in his day.

J817

Reaction score
I’m just happy the season is over and the off-season begins tbh.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Been a fan since the days of Cesar Cedeno...

Outstanding season!

Many may question 2017's title.

No questioning this one!

The 2022 version was just a devastatingly good team.

Cesar Cedeno . Nice to hear about these players again . JR Richard Nolan Ryan ….at 73 wonder if Dusty goes out on a win .

Last edited:

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Outstanding season!

No questioning this one!

Been an Astros fan since the ‘69 season. Been to 100 games or so. It’s been a fun ride. Especially this year with all the hate out there and the chants “we want Houston”

World Champs…again ;)

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score

Outstanding season!

No questioning this one!

Agreed.

Been a fan since the Colt 45 days. Had a Bob Aspromonte signed baseball that got lost in one of my many moves. Maybe my ex threw it out or gave it away.

Also kinda kool being a Cowboys fan in Texans country.
(I actually live on the border of Cowboy fandom land in East Texas but we get smothered by Texan gear in the stores and get only the Texans TV show on local media . . . north of Beaumont 45 miles)

RonWashington

Reaction score
Been an Astros fan since the ‘69 season. Been to 100 games or so. It’s been a fun ride. Especially this year with all the hate out there and the chants “we want Houston”

World Champs…again ;)

Did they implode the Astrodome. I guess in tight city budgets they couldn’t get say HS football & baseball games there ?