Houston Astros MLB Playoffs

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Been a fan since the days of Cesar Cedeno...

Outstanding season!

Many may question 2017's title.

No questioning this one!

The 2022 version was just a devastatingly good team.

I predate you. I remember going to mosquito infested Colt 45 games as a kid. As a teen, hated Spec Richardson. His bone headed trades kept the Stros from winning a WS in the 70s and 80s. Folks who think Jones is a bad GM should research the man whose picture is in the dictionary next to the word moron.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Man, that "We want Houston" chant was shoved right back up their(You pick the body part!!!!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Phillies have a heck of a team. They would have swept the yankees imo.

it’s the Philly fans and Yankee fan’s chant that makes this WS extremely enjoyable.

kskboys

Reaction score
I predate you. I remember going to mosquito infested Colt 45 games as a kid. As a teen, hated Spec Richardson. His bone headed trades kept the Stros from winning a WS in the 70s and 80s. Folks who think Jones is a bad GM should research the man whose picture is in the dictionary next to the word moron.
I'm guessing he's the one who dumped Joe Morgan?

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Among several other All-star players. It's bad enough that he traded them, but he got next to nothing in return. The Big Red Machine wouldn't have been except for ol Spec.

The Astros had a hole to fill at first base. Lee May was a power hitting all star but the reds definitely got the better deal.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Jim Crane wouldn’t buy the club my understanding if MLB didn’t agree to an AL move . In state rivalry & the DH thing . Hate the DH it’s dumb . Pitchers can take batting practice just like Rafael Landestoy had to .

RodeoJake

Reaction score
The Astros had a hole to fill at first base. Lee May was a power hitting all star but the reds definitely got the better deal.

If you remember, May wasn't a fit for the dome and was traded for peanuts. They had Mayberry and traded him for nothing, too.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
If you remember, May wasn't a fit for the dome and was traded for peanuts. They had Mayberry and traded him for nothing, too.

We lost out in that trade. Mayberry looked promising with some pinch hit homers as a rookie but he was traded to the Royals which was another dumb move.
Bob Watson played first for a few years.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
We lost out in that trade. Mayberry looked promising with some pinch hit homers as a rookie but he was traded to the Royals which was another dumb move.
Bob Watson played first for a few years.

Before May, we had Staub. We traded him for washed up Clendenon, who refused to report to Houston. I forget what scrub we ended up with instead.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I look back fondly at the teams of the mid-70's to the early 80's.

Always seem be missing a piece or two from being a very good team...

And of course "the curse" didn't help.

I've often wondered why kind of team they would have had provided Wilson, Richard hadn't had their untimely issues and Cedeno wasn't "distracted".

But anyway, no matter how you cut it, the modern version of the team is a dynasty no matter how you slice it.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Growing up in Houston, went to many games in the Dome….starting in the late 70’s or so. I even played in some games there in HS and college. Don’t get me started on that terrible playing field :laugh:

Anyways, some names that I will never forget…..Joe Sambito and Mark Lemongello. Those funny names will always stick with me. I even saw Pete Rose break a record there but forgot which one.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Before May, we had Staub. We traded him for washed up Clendenon, who refused to report to Houston. I forget what scrub we ended up with instead.

Staub was with the Expos when I jumped on the Astros bandwagon. Blast from the past. He was a fan favorite in Montreal.
I remember Clendenon with the Mets.
My brother and I used to collect baseball cards at that time. Used to memorize the stats.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Growing up in Houston, went to many games in the Dome….starting in the late 70’s or so. I even played in some games there in HS and college. Don’t get me started on that terrible playing field :laugh:

Anyways, some names that I will never forget…..Joe Sambito and Mark Lemongello. Those funny names will always stick with me. I even saw Pete Rose break a record there but forgot which one.

My dad and I were in attendance when Nolan threw a no hitter against the Dodgers, I believe Dusty was in their lineup.
The following day was standing room only when Valenzuela pitched for them. We stood behind the center field seats all game lol fun times

kskboys

Reaction score
I look back fondly at the teams of the mid-70's to the early 80's.

Always seem be missing a piece or two from being a very good team...

And of course "the curse" didn't help.

I've often wondered why kind of team they would have had provided Wilson, Richard hadn't had their untimely issues and Cedeno wasn't "distracted".

But anyway, no matter how you cut it, the modern version of the team is a dynasty no matter how you slice it.
Or if Sambito hadn't had medical issues and if Thon hadn't gotten drilled on the eye by a pitch. Before Correa, Thon was the best SS we'd ever had.