Houston Texans

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the Texans? Think they will ba any kind of threat? I'm just curious, what do you guys think?

I could have got into a Big argument on another board about this,but I didn't want to get suspended.
"Cowboys are so 1990's" , "Texans are Texas team" , "Cowboys had a "ok", draft" , "You guys are acting like you won the Superbowl already",and the one that really got to me , "Cowboys just plain SUCK"

I'm sorry,I know everybody is entitled to there opinion,but when someone says Cowboys Suck,it really pisses me off!
Anyway, so what do you guys think? I would appreciate your comments and opinions.

"GO COWBOYS!"

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
TO each their own but I would expect this moved to the OT section (saying this from experience) don't worry about what others think let the team speak for you on the field.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Payton34smith22 said:
What do you guys think of the Texans? Think they will ba any kind of threat? I'm just curious, what do you guys think?

I could have got into a Big argument on another board about this,but I didn't want to get suspended.
"Cowboys are so 1990's" , "Texans are Texas team" , "Cowboys had a "ok", draft" , "You guys are acting like you won the Superbowl already",and the one that really got to me , "Cowboys just plain SUCK"

I'm sorry,I know everybody is entitled to there opinion,but when someone says Cowboys Suck,it really pisses me off!
Anyway, so what do you guys think? I would appreciate your comments and opinions.

"GO COWBOYS!"

try living in houston

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Houston as a town sucks

Houston as a team sucks harder, they couldnt even keep their team in Houston over Tennessee.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Payton34smith22 said:

"GO COWBOYS!"
Well you can't argue with the "acting like we already won the Super Bowl" thing but the other stuff is just an inferiority complex. I'd sure trade our receivers and qb for theirs though.

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Houston as a town sucks

Houston as a team sucks harder, they couldnt even keep their team in Houston over Tennessee.
They now have a better owner and the best stadium in the NFL.

TLW47

Reaction score
They have a nice organization other than that Commander reject Casserly.

They have the makings of a good team except their O line is horrible. I think Carr has gotten sacked more times than any other QB in NFL history.

Their fans hate the Cowboys and Dallas for whatever reason. It's a big deal in Houston. To Dallas and Dallas fans there is a "Who cares?" attitude about anything Houston or their teams. They make it a rivalry. To Dallas it's just another game.

jimmy40

Reaction score
TLW47 said:
They have a nice organization other than that Commander reject Casserly.

They have the makings of a good team except their O line is horrible. I think Carr has gotten sacked more times than any other QB in NFL history.

Their fans hate the Cowboys and Dallas for whatever reason. It's a big deal in Houston. To Dallas and Dallas fans there is a "Who cares?" attitude about anything Houston or their teams. They make it a rivalry. To Dallas it's just another game.
Bull.... Tell that to Mavericks fans. I've seen a 20 page thread here of Cowboys fans explaining why there's no rivalry. Lol.

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Ah yes, and here we see the SB trophies that line the walls of Houston's grand stadium:

:D
How many trophies did Dallas win their first three years in the league?

TLW47

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Bull.... Tell that to Mavericks fans. I've seen a 20 page thread here of Cowboys fans explaining why there's no rivalry. Lol.

Laugh all you want. I've lived in both cities and to Houston it's a big hate thing. To Dallas it's just another game. People in Dallas have alot more hate for the Eagles and Skins.

Or better yet go to any Houston Texans website and see if they don't have some thread on there about hating the Cowboys.

There is a large contingent on Cowboy fans in Houston that are calling their radio shows and it pisses off the Houston fans. I went to plenty of Oiler/Cowboys preseason games in Houston and there were tons of Cowboys fans there. It's a BIG deal in Houston when they play the Cowboys. It's not that big of a deal to Dallas. But believe whatever you want. We all have our perceptions of things anyway.

joseephuss

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
How many trophies did Dallas win their first three years in the league?

Much different circumstances. Dallas could not even draft college players in their first year of existence and then had their pick of rejects of other teams. Houston(and any other recent expansion team) was given additional draft picks and was able to get good players from other teams because of the salary cap. The NFL doesn't want expansion teams to struggle for years like the Cowboys and Vikings did.

The Texans picked up some good players for this year. That includes Buchanon. I do think they gave up just a little too much for him, but not by much. They however did not address their biggest weakness, the offensive line. They won't make the playoffs if they struggle again to protect Carr and open holes for Davis. They haven't closed the gap on Indy and Jacksonville will be better even though they wasted their pick on Matt Jones.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
joseephuss said:
Much different circumstances. Dallas could not even draft college players in their first year of existence and then had their pick of rejects of other teams. Houston(and any other recent expansion team) was given additional draft picks and was able to get good players from other teams because of the salary cap. The NFL doesn't want expansion teams to struggle for years like the Cowboys and Vikings did.

The Texans picked up some good players for this year. That includes Buchanon. I do think they gave up just a little too much for him, but not by much. They however did not address their biggest weakness, the offensive line. They won't make the playoffs if they struggle again to protect Carr and open holes for Davis. They haven't closed the gap on Indy and Jacksonville will be better even though they wasted their pick on Matt Jones.

Agreed...remember it was just the 2nd or 3rd year after they started that AFC Jacksonville and NFC Carolina went to thier confs championship game.. These teams get extra players, automatic top of each round picks.

Now I personally have nothing against the Texans, but I don't live in the area so I don't hear all the hate stuff going on.

However from my own exp of this board it seems that it is a rare thing that the Texans topic ever comes up and more often then not it was normally due to the one or two texan fans that would visit from time to time.....however money says if you would go to a texan message board the cowboys talk would be there in abundance.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:

NFL >>> NBA

Cowboys >>> Texans

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Bull.... Tell that to Mavericks fans.

I'm a Maverick fan - and you're incorrect. We Maverick fans care right now because it's a playoff matchup, before this match-up it was just like any other Dallas-Houston matchup. Our rivals are San Antonio, L.A. Lakers and the Sacramento Kings, Houston is just another team.

Face it - Houston cares more about the Cowboys/Texans matchup than Dallas, Houston cares a heck of a lot more about the Rockets/Mavericks matchup than Dallas, and the SilverBoot is a big deal in Houston (Esp. with McLane Jr), but in Dallas if you were to ask a Ranger fan about the silver boot they would think you were referring to a Monopoly piece.

BTW - Ranger fans can care less about Houston as well. Just so you know our rivals are Oakland, Seattle and the Yanks