CFZ How about a “little hustle” from this front office?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As the trade deadline nears for this 4-2 team, It’s time to for this front office to prove it is serious about winning NOW…this year.

Sure Jerry and the FO rightly deserve some credit for the off-season moves this year of acquiring Stephon Gilmore and Brandin Cooks. I appreciated the effort to make this team better. There’s enough talent here to make some noise this year with some more tweaking. Why wouldn't you as a FO push more chips into the center of the table?

But as the trade deadline looms and Jerry and Stephen apparently are content to stand pat with a 4-2 team that has some obvious flaws, he also deserves criticism for his on-going practice of worrying more about the future “relevance” and cap issues than he’s worried about winning NOW. Meanwhile the GMs across the league who are held accountable for results NOW are running circles around the Jones cartel in efforts to get better.

Not all moves work, but we’ve seen this team tread water around making the playoffs but fail to have the moxy to move on past a wild card round win. Why wouldn’t we take some chances to try and get better? Why do we continue to hear this stuff about the future cap space? Or “relevance”? What could be more relevant than more playoff wins this year?

I would appreciate some hustle from this FO even if it failed. At least that’s better than listening to “Giggles” Jones lecture us again about cap limits while the better GMs who are accountable for results to keep their jobs say “hold my beer” and make moves.

Hey front office- how about a little hustle?

CCBoy

Reaction score
True. We have lots of evidence.
Don't be so fast to condemn with a desire for chest medals. Dedication is fully there and this is a sport, not a stock exchange.

These are real people and Jerry has always dedicated to all of 'his' people. If you want to discuss that topic out...let's go. If not, Jerry Jones is doing his job and with ethics and integrity.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It is just not what this regime does.
really last i checked we went and got Amari cooper in trade for 1st , then last year i don't know when they brought in peters, Barr, and at other points brought in a few corners, Hankins, and that ex colts WR Ty Hilton.. so never?? lmao ok nice busted narrative show me the other 31 teams outside the eagles who made any splash moves and IMO those moves by the eagle were NEED, both players are up in age and not a splash move, non in their prime and didnt cost much at all, no risk..

Jerry did that all last season when it was a NEED..

They make moves when they feel it necessary. It has to make sense with that practice report, health is good coming out of bye and none of the deals made sense why do we need to make move top sary fans?? Evans shopuld come up this week as well at LB..LVE is coming back. truthfully i don't think any of us or....of us who didn't wanna start 14 posts on why no trades and mock the FO, its more to do with the scheme, play calling and execution all can get resolved and improved as the season progresses post Bye.

blueblood70

Reaction score
True. We have lots of evidence.
really??

last i checked we went and got Amari cooper in trade for 1st , then last year i don't know when they brought in peters, Barr, and at other points brought in a few corners, Hankins, and that ex colts WR Ty Hilton.. so never?? lmao ok nice busted narrative show me the other 31 teams outside the eagles who made any splash moves and IMO those moves by the eagle were NEED, both players are up in age and not a splash move, non in their prime and didnt cost much at all, no risk..

They make moves when they feel it necessary. It has to make sense with that practice report, health is good coming out of bye and none of the deals made sense why do we need to make move to satisfy fans??

BTW Evans should come up this week as well at LB..LVE is coming back. truthfully i don't think any of us or....of us who didn't wanna start 14 posts on why no trades and mock the FO, its more to do with the scheme, play calling and execution all can get resolved and improved as the season progresses post Bye.

blueblood70

Reaction score
As the trade deadline nears for this 4-2 team, It’s time to for this front office to prove it is serious about winning NOW…this year.

Sure Jerry and the FO rightly deserve some credit for the off-season moves this year of acquiring Stephon Gilmore and Brandin Cooks. I appreciated the effort to make this team better. There’s enough talent here to make some noise this year with some more tweaking. Why wouldn't you as a FO push more chips into the center of the table?

But as the trade deadline looms and Jerry and Stephen apparently are content to stand pat with a 4-2 team that has some obvious flaws, he also deserves criticism for his on-going practice of worrying more about the future “relevance” and cap issues than he’s worried about winning NOW. Meanwhile the GMs across the league who are held accountable for results NOW are running circles around the Jones cartel in efforts to get better.

Not all moves work, but we’ve seen this team tread water around making the playoffs but fail to have the moxy to move on past a wild card round win. Why wouldn’t we take some chances to try and get better? Why do we continue to hear this stuff about the future cap space? Or “relevance”? What could be more relevant than more playoff wins this year?

I would appreciate some hustle from this FO even if it failed. At least that’s better than listening to “Giggles” Jones lecture us again about cap limits while the better GMs who are accountable for results to keep their jobs say “hold my beer” and make moves.

last i checked we went and got Amari cooper in trade for 1st , then last year i don't know when they brought in peters, Barr, and at other points brought in a few corners, Hankins, and that ex colts WR Ty Hilton.. so never?? lmao ok nice, busted narrative show me the other 31 teams outside the eagles who made any splash moves and IMO those moves by the eagle were NEED, both players are up in age and not a splash move, non in their prime and didnt cost much at all, no risk..

They make moves when they feel it necessary. It has to make sense with that practice report, health is good coming out of bye and none of the deals made sense why do we need to make move to satisfy fans??

BTW Evans should come up this week as well at LB..LVE is coming back. truthfully i don't think any of us or....of us who didn't wanna start 14 posts on why no trades and mock the FO, its more to do with the scheme, play calling and execution all can get resolved and improved as the season progresses post Bye.

RD21

Reaction score

Mr Jones needs a refresher on just how significant the trade for Charles Haley was, & how it impacted the legacy of this team.

Would we have won 3 out of 4 SB's without that trade..? Fortunately, we'll never know the answer to that question. That trade, the moving up in drafts (Emmitt, etc..), were significant moments in Cowboys history. That aggressive style netted results. The conservative approach of late, has us in the same place for the last 27+ years & counting....

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
last i checked we went and got Amari cooper in trade for 1st , then last year i don't know when they brought in peters, Barr, and at other points brought in a few corners, Hankins, and that ex colts WR Ty Hilton.. so never?? lmao ok nice, busted narrative show me the other 31 teams outside the eagles who made any splash moves and IMO those moves by the eagle were NEED, both players are up in age and not a splash move, non in their prime and didnt cost much at all, no risk..

So you're clearly expecting a move to be made, who do you think it will be?

StarOfGlory

Reaction score

Well, they could surprise us with a meaningful move. I will be hopeful until the trade deadline passes. And it isn't as if the team sucks. Every good team has a hole or two, no different from us. Some teams just scheme better around their weaknesses.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s time to for this front office to prove it is serious about winning NOW…this year.
There is no move(s) the Cowboys could make that would make their roster better than SF or PHIL.

At this point it's wait until the off season and try again. Because they aren't getting past both those teams in January.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Mr Jones needs a refresher on just how significant the trade for Charles Haley was, & how it impacted the legacy of this team.

Would we have won 3 out of 4 SB's without that trade..? Fortunately, we'll never know the answer to that question. That trade, the moving up in drafts (Emmitt, etc..), were significant moments in Cowboys history. That aggressive style netted results. The conservative approach of late, has us in the same place for the last 27+ years & counting....
Figure out why Buffalo has made quite a few trips to the top game, but haven't walked off with a bunch of trophies. There is more to the makeup of teams than is being discussed here. That applies to Dallas as well.

The team now almost has completely healthy, the personnel on it's roster to play any team in the NFL. Don't worry, a Jerry team fully planned for by today's coaches and support staff...are very good at football.

CCBoy

Reaction score
There is no move(s) the Cowboys could make that would make their roster better than SF or PHIL.

At this point it's wait until the off season and try again. Because they aren't getting past both those teams in January.
Oh, football teams don't run on their stomachs or media highlight reels alone. They will show up for the fight alright...and at least this fan isn't ashamed at their playing levels. Oh, they can handle Philadelphia and San Francisco and neither of them approach being able to walk on water.

Myself, I'm a fan...not a jeering section.

Truth is, this very team is a top shelf franchise as well...go figure.

'Oh, it's crying time again, she's going to leave me...leave me!'

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, they could surprise us with a meaningful move. I will be hopeful until the trade deadline passes. And it isn't as if the team sucks. Every good team has a hole or two, no different from us. Some teams just scheme better around their weaknesses.
That’s a fair point. This team is good. I just wonder if it’s good enough to beat some of the better teams in the playoffs.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Stephen, on the radio, said he enjoyed some time away on the bye week, so that tells you all you need to know.
Even when deployed, recovery is an element necessary at some level. What, headquarters is receiving incoming? FBI and all law enforcements rotate in shifts.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Even when deployed, recovery is an element necessary at some level. What, headquarters is receiving incoming? FBI and all law enforcements rotate in shifts.
Slacker

CCBoy

Reaction score
You are only slandering without any indicator, only a stereotype...I worked 12 hour shifts at a Correctional Facility three months ago. On non-combative status in service, we were only 'guaranteed' 4 hour sleep intervals a day....grow up.