CFZ How about a “little hustle” from this front office?

Adiba1977

Reaction score
Dumb and dumber. They want teams to CALL THEM to initiate trades!!!! Insanity.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
If you think Dallas is not a “brand” and more of a football team.. you are sorely mistaken. Do the Jones’s want to win? Absolutely. Do they like their money? Even more so. As long as they are buying merch and the franchise is relevant…. It remains status quo.

kevm3

Reaction score
This is why changing coaches, QBs or other players won't do anything. As soon as the FO senses we have a team capable of getting to the 2nd round of the playoffs, it's vacation time.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
There is no move(s) the Cowboys could make that would make their roster better than SF or PHIL.

At this point it's wait until the off season and try again. Because they aren't getting past both those teams in January.
Adding a dominant player this year will help next year.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I'm going to ask again, what exactly do people think pro scouts do?

They've likely had all the conversations already. Just because they do/don't make a trade at the deadline doesn't mean they aren't doing their due diligence. This is how they acquired Hankins last year, a week before the deadline.

They already made their "deadline" moves by acquiring Cooks and Gilmore in the offseason.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
As the trade deadline nears for this 4-2 team, It’s time to for this front office to prove it is serious about winning NOW…this year.

Sure Jerry and the FO rightly deserve some credit for the off-season moves this year of acquiring Stephon Gilmore and Brandin Cooks. I appreciated the effort to make this team better. There’s enough talent here to make some noise this year with some more tweaking. Why wouldn't you as a FO push more chips into the center of the table?

But as the trade deadline looms and Jerry and Stephen apparently are content to stand pat with a 4-2 team that has some obvious flaws, he also deserves criticism for his on-going practice of worrying more about the future “relevance” and cap issues than he’s worried about winning NOW. Meanwhile the GMs across the league who are held accountable for results NOW are running circles around the Jones cartel in efforts to get better.

Not all moves work, but we’ve seen this team tread water around making the playoffs but fail to have the moxy to move on past a wild card round win. Why wouldn’t we take some chances to try and get better? Why do we continue to hear this stuff about the future cap space? Or “relevance”? What could be more relevant than more playoff wins this year?

I would appreciate some hustle from this FO even if it failed. At least that’s better than listening to “Giggles” Jones lecture us again about cap limits while the better GMs who are accountable for results to keep their jobs say “hold my beer” and make moves.

Hey front office- how about a little hustle?
This isn't something new, JJ's wife has been complaining about JJ's lack of hustle in the bedroom for decades..............LOL!

Brax

Reaction score
As the trade deadline nears for this 4-2 team, It’s time to for this front office to prove it is serious about winning NOW…this year.

Sure Jerry and the FO rightly deserve some credit for the off-season moves this year of acquiring Stephon Gilmore and Brandin Cooks. I appreciated the effort to make this team better. There’s enough talent here to make some noise this year with some more tweaking. Why wouldn't you as a FO push more chips into the center of the table?

But as the trade deadline looms and Jerry and Stephen apparently are content to stand pat with a 4-2 team that has some obvious flaws, he also deserves criticism for his on-going practice of worrying more about the future “relevance” and cap issues than he’s worried about winning NOW. Meanwhile the GMs across the league who are held accountable for results NOW are running circles around the Jones cartel in efforts to get better.

Not all moves work, but we’ve seen this team tread water around making the playoffs but fail to have the moxy to move on past a wild card round win. Why wouldn’t we take some chances to try and get better? Why do we continue to hear this stuff about the future cap space? Or “relevance”? What could be more relevant than more playoff wins this year?

I would appreciate some hustle from this FO even if it failed. At least that’s better than listening to “Giggles” Jones lecture us again about cap limits while the better GMs who are accountable for results to keep their jobs say “hold my beer” and make moves.

We like our guys

movaughn88

Reaction score
There is no move(s) the Cowboys could make that would make their roster better than SF or PHIL.

At this point it's wait until the off season and try again. Because they aren't getting past both those teams in January.
Dang, Big Dog. Such certainty. Look I wouldn't bet on it - but look who's in the world series.
True. We have lots of evidence.
Do we? Look, I don't listen to Mr. Blue Label any more than the next rube, but I think most of the work come from McClay's team. I bet they are working the phones and doing the work. Either that or they are all at happy hours and I'm jealous.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dang, Big Dog. Such certainty. Look I wouldn't bet on it - but look who's in the world series.

Do we? Look, I don't listen to Mr. Blue Label any more than the next rube, but I think most of the work come from McClay's team. I bet they are working the phones and doing the work. Either that or they are all at happy hours and I'm jealous.
This is the level that McCarthy is on with his side of things:

"When I look at the quarterback running, you have called quarterback runs and then you have the runs that come out of the scramble phase," head coach Mike McCarthy explained. "We've spoken on the scramble phase, time and time again, and the majority of your pass game is that there's a second phase to every pass play. You look at concepts that are very successful in the league — I learned this back in the early 90s as a quality control coach — I think the average scramble back then was four or five a game.

"It's probably north of seven now."

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jones-mccarthy-all-in-on-dak-using-his-mobility

Jimbo123

Reaction score
last i checked we went and got Amari cooper in trade for 1st , then last year i don't know when they brought in peters, Barr, and at other points brought in a few corners, Hankins, and that ex colts WR Ty Hilton.. so never?? lmao ok nice, busted narrative show me the other 31 teams outside the eagles who made any splash moves and IMO those moves by the eagle were NEED, both players are up in age and not a splash move, non in their prime and didnt cost much at all, no risk..

Jerry did that all last season when it was a NEED..

They make moves when they feel it necessary. It has to make sense with that practice report, health is good coming out of bye and none of the deals made sense why do we need to make move to satisfy fans??

BTW Evans should come up this week as well at LB..LVE is coming back. truthfully i don't think any of us or....of us who didn't wanna start 14 posts on why no trades and mock the FO, its more to do with the scheme, play calling and execution all can get resolved and improved as the season progresses post Bye.
Are you saying that the Kevin Byard move was not a splash move?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The problem with the Cowboys is that they seem more worried about getting a great deal and/or preventing other teams from using them as leverage in deals than they are with improving the team.

It is very obvious the reason Jerry keeps saying, "We're good, we're not going after anyone" is because he's hoping teams will contact him with offers giving him the perception of having the advantage when making a deal.

The truth is that these types of mind games are pointless because every team looking to trade players will be looking for specific things in return and if the Cowboys won't provide what they are after, there are several other teams that might.

The Cowboys should stop the mind games and instead take a deep objective look at the team.

If the front office does not believe the Cowboys can win a Super Bowl this year, then by all means, let it play out with the team they have.

If they think they have a shot of winning the Super Bowl, they need to look for upgrades at several positions and worry about future seasons when they happen.

It has been 28 years since the Cowboys made it to the Super Bowl .. that's nearly 3 decades .. it's time for the team to go all in or admit their way has failed miserably.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Would be nice.
These guys are business men and not football guys.
28 seasons of Cowboys fans being held hostage.

rambo2

Reaction score

It looks to me that you are going to get your wish and they will make a trade or two.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The problem with the Cowboys is that they seem more worried about getting a great deal and/or preventing other teams from using them as leverage in deals than they are with improving the team.

It is very obvious the reason Jerry keeps saying, "We're good, we're not going after anyone" is because he's hoping teams will contact him with offers giving him the perception of having the advantage when making a deal.

The truth is that these types of mind games are pointless because every team looking to trade players will be looking for specific things in return and if the Cowboys won't provide what they are after, there are several other teams that might.

The Cowboys should stop the mind games and instead take a deep objective look at the team.

If the front office does not believe the Cowboys can win a Super Bowl this year, then by all means, let it play out with the team they have.

If they think they have a shot of winning the Super Bowl, they need to look for upgrades at several positions and worry about future seasons when they happen.

It has been 28 years since the Cowboys made it to the Super Bowl .. that's nearly 3 decades .. it's time for the team to go all in or admit their way has failed miserably.
That was already part of this fan's start to this season, but the strength of this team is pretty darned good and a successful track record with previous 12 win seasons. They deserve the respect to prove they have it right now, or not.

I don't care what blame or accusations are tacked on in disappointment, they are in the process of doing. They are fighting and not avoiding the conflict and encouraging failure. That is sport and they are in it for real.

This fan will give them a chance to prove now, and I'll remain a fan. Not someone they have to drag through failure.