CFZ How about a “little hustle” from this front office?

CCBoy

Reaction score
I thought once this lunatic would get into his 80s he'd be really aggressive knowing his clock is running out.
One doesn't understand his reasons for commitment and the baggage he has carried for those on his team, the entire time of his ownership.

Ownership and GM requirements to protect his investment were started when it actually was needed to protect the NFL investment from failure not ownership directed in applications. Jimmy Johnson didn't last more than 5 seasons because he was intensely self reward motivated. He burned out those around him by not protecting them as people also. He wore out his welcome where he went. He could have ended up one of the all time best coaches, if he wanted all credit for all glory and his team were deserted on his departure. That ultimately was why he was fired by Jerry. Again, he had to protect his investment. Disrespect is not a professional quality at any point when it is required. To the owner or to the players.

Say what one will...Jerry was loyalty to the benefit of those in his hire. That was not and never is vanity.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Don't be so fast to condemn with a desire for chest medals. Dedication is fully there and this is a sport, not a stock exchange.

These are real people and Jerry has always dedicated to all of 'his' people. If you want to discuss that topic out...let's go. If not, Jerry Jones is doing his job and with ethics and integrity.
As President of the Jerry Jones Fan Club, i would say you are a bit bias here again. It's ok to come out of the closet and admit it. Every thread of yours defends Jones and his clan, they can do no wrong. SMDH.....

CCBoy

Reaction score
As President of the Jerry Jones Fan Club, i would say you are a bit bias here again. It's ok to come out of the closet and admit it. Every thread of yours defends Jones and his clan, they can do no wrong. SMDH.....
Naw, I was National Honor Society my 3 years in High School. Received a competitive Congressional Appointment to the Air Force Academy. Served in the Army for 22 years after the Academy from Viet Nam to Afghanistan. Oh yea, I was 'hiding' from danger. I was a NCO for 19 years. Was a Postal Employee and retired, and served 5 years as a Union Official. My last employment was at the Corpus Christi Correctional Facility as an Officer.

Straight up, pride and integrity to me is more than myself insulting another with no personal knowledge of his contributions. Jerry has been a legitimate and ethical person in his life. I have no need, as apparently you do, to insult the man. That is further called morales and ethics for your reference.

Don't insult my integrity again. Move on is wisdom here...

Kumala808

Reaction score
I for one cannot stand the jones ownership of this team. All they care about are the clicks, not wins

CWR

Reaction score
Dalvin cook for a 5th could be a nice addition. He's on a one year 7 million contract with all but a million guaranteed.

I'm not sure how the Jets make it happen or if they can differ some of the cap hit to us.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
There is no move(s) the Cowboys could make that would make their roster better than SF or PHIL.

At this point it's wait until the off season and try again. Because they aren't getting past both those teams in January.
Derrick Henry.....would sure make it interesting though...

rambo2

Reaction score
Dalvin cook for a 5th could be a nice addition. He's on a one year 7 million contract with all but a million guaranteed.

I'm not sure how the Jets make it happen or if they can differ some of the cap hit to us.
They already traded their 5th.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I for one cannot stand the jones ownership of this team. All they care about are the clicks, not wins
Like or dislike is your choice. To falsely accuse another isn't just yours.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem with the Cowboys is that they seem more worried about getting a great deal and/or preventing other teams from using them as leverage in deals than they are with improving the team.

It is very obvious the reason Jerry keeps saying, "We're good, we're not going after anyone" is because he's hoping teams will contact him with offers giving him the perception of having the advantage when making a deal.

The truth is that these types of mind games are pointless because every team looking to trade players will be looking for specific things in return and if the Cowboys won't provide what they are after, there are several other teams that might.

The Cowboys should stop the mind games and instead take a deep objective look at the team.

If the front office does not believe the Cowboys can win a Super Bowl this year, then by all means, let it play out with the team they have.

If they think they have a shot of winning the Super Bowl, they need to look for upgrades at several positions and worry about future seasons when they happen.

It has been 28 years since the Cowboys made it to the Super Bowl .. that's nearly 3 decades .. it's time for the team to go all in or admit their way has failed miserably.
If they think they have a shot of winning the Super Bowl, they need to look for upgrades at several positions and worry about future seasons when they happen.

The above phrase is a huge point. If our FO believes we have a legit shot to win a SB…And I think we have a decent shot…why wouldn’t we push some chips into the middle of the table?

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
This team needs Diggs badly...I'm sorry but a ball hawking corner missing has changed teams approach to playing us. I know a lot on this board think we can overcome the loss of a corner just like any other team but this team cannot. Without that shutdown corner there is too much unprecedented pressure on the offense. This offense was built for ball control - it was built for the secondary to play off the line - that is not happening right now.

Seriously need to consider trading for a premium corner understanding Gilmore will come off the books otherwise I think we need to win the war of attrition which we've failed half way into the season compared to SF and PHI

CCBoy

Reaction score

The above phrase is a huge point. If our FO believes we have a legit shot to win a SB…And I think we have a decent shot…why wouldn’t we push some chips into the middle of the table?
You know more about talent levels than this set off coaches and scouts?

They have to produce...a couple of All Pros needed right now to be equal to a KC, SF, Philadelphia, Buffalo, Detroit? Or to really develop on up and produce to equal team performances of these teams?

My preferences are homemade pecan pie and cheese enchiladas...

CCBoy

Reaction score
This team needs Diggs badly...I'm sorry but a ball hawking corner missing has changed teams approach to playing us. I know a lot on this board think we can overcome the loss of a corner just like any other team but this team cannot. Without that shutdown corner there is too much unprecedented pressure on the offense. This offense was built for ball control - it was built for the secondary to play off the line - that is not happening right now.

Seriously need to consider trading for a premium corner understanding Gilmore will come off the books otherwise I think we need to win the war of attrition which we've failed half way into the season compared to SF and PHI
He hurt losing. Next season should be special for Dallas. Invest there now on top of cap needs?

blueblood70

Reaction score
So you're clearly expecting a move to be made, who do you think it will be?
Actually I'm clearly not I don't know what you read in in my post I agree with Jerry unless it fits both fiscally and with a need on our team there's no need to make a move simply to make a move what to satisfy fans?? We have Evans coming up off the practice squad to fill in at linebacker we just came off the buy with a relatively healthy and intact team that we started with at the beginning of the year outside of Trayvon diggs... 99% of the rumor mill are for players that absolutely do not fit here they're gonna be looking for their first big contract coming off their rookie deals they need too much draft capital and it would make it a bad fit I mean Patrick certain devante Adams those are bad suggestions those are unrealistic they don't fit here we gotta pay CD Lam we just paid Trayvon diggs you can't have multiple players making that kind of money and the fact that we have Trayvon diggs and Deron bland already here Patrick certain makes zero sense less than 0 anybody who keeps saying they do it in a heartbeat are really out of touch what what a actually hard salary cap in a roster limit really means....

If something made sense I'm sure he would do it but to me I'm with him I don't see a lot of these moves Bing anything but a move the Philadelphia Eagles filled an absolutely glaring need they're back into their defense is not playing well they've had a lot of injuries and those were not needle moving moves by the way they were solid moves but they they didn't give up any high round high risk draft picks to get those players those players are long in the tooth towards the end of their careers and they got him for a good deal and it made sense just like last year we went and picked up guys like Peters hankins Ty Hilton we did the same thing with some cornerbacks we filled some needs there isn't one team in the league that I know of this year that's made any big moves lately where are all these big moves in the last month leading up to the trade deadline??

I mean did I miss something were there any transcendent like big time trades for a big time player that's gonna actually change the direction of a team??

CCBoy

Reaction score
Actually I'm clearly not I don't know what you read in in my post I agree with Jerry unless it fits both fiscally and with a need on our team there's no need to make a move simply to make a move what to satisfy fans?? We have Evans coming up off the practice squad to fill in at linebacker we just came off the buy with a relatively healthy and intact team that we started with at the beginning of the year outside of Trayvon diggs... 99% of the rumor mill are for players that absolutely do not fit here they're gonna be looking for their first big contract coming off their rookie deals they need too much draft capital and it would make it a bad fit I mean Patrick certain devante Adams those are bad suggestions those are unrealistic they don't fit here we gotta pay CD Lam we just paid Trayvon diggs you can't have multiple players making that kind of money and the fact that we have Trayvon diggs and Deron bland already here Patrick certain makes zero sense less than 0 anybody who keeps saying they do it in a heartbeat are really out of touch what what a actually hard salary cap in a roster limit really means....

If something made sense I'm sure he would do it but to me I'm with him I don't see a lot of these moves Bing anything but a move the Philadelphia Eagles filled an absolutely glaring need they're back into their defense is not playing well they've had a lot of injuries and those were not needle moving moves by the way they were solid moves but they they didn't give up any high round high risk draft picks to get those players those players are long in the tooth towards the end of their careers and they got him for a good deal and it made sense just like last year we went and picked up guys like Peters hankins Ty Hilton we did the same thing with some cornerbacks we filled some needs there isn't one team in the league that I know of this year that's made any big moves lately where are all these big moves in the last month leading up to the trade deadline??

I mean did I miss something were there any transcendent like big time trades for a big time player that's gonna actually change the direction of a team??
The Eagles have the Cowboys in another week and needed to get a secondary up to speed...up their middle where there has been damages to them...and on the field.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Eagles have the Cowboys in another week and needed to get a secondary up to speed...up their middle where there has been damages to them...and on the field.
Yeah I think people think the Eagles just made these moves because they were just trying to improve their team no they were injury riddled their back end was falling apart they needed to make a desperation move and these moves were solid but these players are not like they just went out and got the top players and stole them away from another team with a couple of firsts.. These are solid players that they got for cheap players don't usually get released for that type of compensation if they still have a lot left in the tank...

I mean I still wanna know somebody post all the moves that these other 31 teams are making that the Cowboys are not and even the Eagles show me the big move that transcendent move that big time player that they went in and put up a first and a second round pick to steal away from a team? Yes A.J. Brown last year that was the type we're talking about the Cowboys did that in 2018 with amari Cooper that's nothing new they're saying Jerry Jones doesn't do that Jerry did the exact same thing and paid amari Cooper and eventually had to cut him over money and guess what who are they gonna choose when devante Smiths contract comes up are they gonna pay devonte Smith big money and ask A.J. Brown to take a pay cut or move on from brown or trade devante Smith I guarantee they're not keeping both at market money...

So again this year let's just stay in the now who has made big time trades that has improved their teams to where it's taken them from good to now Super Bowl favorites to win literally change the nature of their season show me all these moves matter of fact show me all the moves show me every trade that's been made in the last three or four weeks..

The narrative around here is they act like Jerry Jones is the only team that doesn't look for a deal or something that fits right or they don't do it and they act like every team in the league just goes for it and just throws all caution in the wind and takes high risk moves and gives up big draft capital show me?

As a matter of fact last year the Philadelphia Eagles probably made the most moves they got talked about here and they played in the Super bowl against a team that made the least amount of moves in free agency that went in with less names and more running back by committee they played as a team and that's the team that won the Super bowl not the team that made the most moves that what impressed fans??

Yes I would love Jerry Jones to be a little bit more aggressive at times but I think he's done this in the past the same thing the Eagles have done I can't keep saying it last year we brought in guys like Peters hankins Barr Ty Hilton I mean we made moves we brought what Xavier rhodes whatever his name was the cornerback why did Jerry make these moves because we had a need for it this year I don't believe right at this moment there's a reason to go do something crazy with our draft picks that don't fit here they don't fit the salary cap they're gonna cost us too much money and we don't really have that kind of room on our team we have almost a relatively healthy roster...

Yes I went on a rant but again I want somebody to show me all these moves the NFL's are making that Jerry is not big moves move the needle move show me???!!!

Creeper

Reaction score
If your dad was a terrible poker player, you would not be in a hurry for him to take a seat at the poker table. I kind of feel that was about Jerry making trades.

Dakota

Reaction score
What the h#ll are you talking about? They've been hustling us for years.