How about an off-season trade for Mike Zimmer

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm not advocating Rivera, but I'll gladly take his four seasons making the playoffs and making the Superbowl over Garrett making it three times and never getting past the Divisional round.
I’ll take actually being a contender consistently. That’s not Rivera. He just lost to the Commanders......

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
LOL. He's not going to work for Jerry Jones again. He likely likes it in Minny. Plus you really think Minny is going to let him get away after the great work he has done this season? Please. This is less likely than us getting Lincoln Riley.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'm not advocating Rivera, but I'll gladly take his four seasons making the playoffs and making the Superbowl over Garrett making it three times and never getting past the Divisional round.

Agreed but the bar shouldn't be a little better than Garrett. That's not hard to accomplish.

The goal should be the best possible Head Coach.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I’ll take actually being a contender consistently. That’s not Rivera. He just lost to the Commanders......

Are you saying that Dallas has been a contender under Garrett? You must have a low bar for what a contender is.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zimmer is my ideal hire. But I don't see that happening.
The question is why? I don't dislike him, but ultimately his results in Minnesota have pretty much been up and down since he got there.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In order to offer up any HC in a trade situation, please check first of he'd even want to come to the Cowboys. Zimmer has experience being around Booger and doesn't need a job.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I thought the NFL placed a ban on trading picks for coaches back after Gruden was traded.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Zimmer is a top 10 coach in this league IMO. He can coach a defense, but he's also one of the few guys who can change a culture. If you look at his last two stops in CIN and MIN, those defenses follow his example.

Offense has been his bugaboo; he often entrusts the OC gig to the wrong guy, and he also has a penchant for drafting early round CBs that would drive CZ insane (as a Vikings fan on another board said, "I want a girl to love me the way Mike Zimmer loves drafting cornerbacks"). But when you take him as a whole, he's a top coach.

He has a contender in Minnesota though, so why he'd want to come back to Jerryworld is beyond me.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
CBZ: watch this, we re going to fight hard to keep our MEH, ok we ll give up Garrett, if you give us Zimmer, or better yet, Zorn, heck we ll even take any ex Commanders coach. we re that desperate for MEH.