How about Dalton Schultz?

Plankton

Reaction score
Thanks for that.

So how does that $12 million in dead money compare to what it saves? Is it even worth it?

If all current bonuses are counted as being active, and they cut him next year, they would save 10M in salary, but have 13.95M in dead cap to sort out. With the bonuses and guaranteed money voided, the salary savings are the same, and the dead cap reduces to 11.85M. If they went after his signing bonus amortization, it would reduce to 8.25M in dead money.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
teams know ahead of time before these big contract how they intend on dealing with the cap. I know most think Jerry and Stephen are stupid people, myself I think they fully understand the cap and how they plan on moving forward in dealing with it. Other teams do the same thing, to think Dallas is just going to let every FA walk and not pick up players in FA is not what I have seen from any team even those who entered the season over the cap.

I never called anyone stupid. ‘Other teams’ don’t pay this many players at the top of their respective positions the way Dallas does either.

You look at teams paying top of the market QB money. They’re not paying top RB money as well. Or top offensive line money. Or top DE money. Nobody is as top heavy as the Cowboys are so things aren’t equal.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I never called anyone stupid. ‘Other teams’ don’t pay this many players at the top of their respective positions the way Dallas does either.

You look at teams paying top of the market QB money. They’re not paying top RB money as well. Or top offensive line money. Or top DE money. Nobody is as top heavy as the Cowboys are so things aren’t equal.

yeah they kind of do and every FA period people whine because jerry is not handing out big FA contracts. I get to hear jerry is cheap. Even recently when Dallas restructured deals and did not pick up anyone, and why they money will be rolled over into next years cap. Their intent was not picking up FA

J12B

Reaction score
I added him to my fantasy team. That TE from Florida has not done anything worth being a top 10 pick.

I went into Monday's night game with a 10 point fantasy lead and Schultz, my opponent had Miles Sanders.

Crushed him.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Big target for easy completions, reliable pass catcher, good blocker, good route runner, yes please.

Plankton

Reaction score
I'm waiting for Stephen Jones to say that Travis Kelce's contract is the starting point for Dalton Schultz.

chicago JK

Reaction score
He is a real solid player. I have given the front office grief for years and it is well deserved. I am not sure if anything has changed with them but they have found some solid players in the mid rounds lately. Maybe not stars but guys who can help a team either as depth or solid starter. Even some of their backups seem capable. A backup is a backup for a reason, in most cases. But maybe it is because Garrett is not here but it certainly appears when a starter leaves now, the whole team doesn't fall apart.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yeah they kind of do and every FA period people whine because jerry is not handing out big FA contracts. I get to hear jerry is cheap. Even recently when Dallas restructured deals and did not pick up anyone, and why they money will be rolled over into next years cap. Their intent was not picking up FA

Im not even thinking about picking up FA. I just wish they had some money to keep a few more of their own around.

Keanu Neal SS DAL UFA -
Leighton Vander Esch LB DAL UFA -
Cedrick Wilson WR DAL UFA -
Brent Urban DE DAL UFA -
Ty Nsekhe RT DAL UFA -
Carlos Watkins DE DAL UFA -
Connor Williams G DAL UFA Market Value
Maurice Canady CB DAL UFA -
Damontae Kazee S DAL UFA -
Jayron Kearse S DAL UFA -
Noah Brown WR DAL UFA -
Bryan Anger P DAL UFA -
Jake McQuaide LS DAL UFA -
Randy Gregory OLB DAL UFA -
Corey Clement RB DAL UFA -
Cooper Rush QB DAL UFA -
Malik Hooker S DAL UFA -
Michael Gallup WR DAL UFA -
Malik Turner WR DAL UFA -
Dorance Armstrong DE DAL UFA -
Dalton Schultz TE DAL UFA -
Francis Bernard LB DAL ERFA -
Hunter Niswander P DAL ERFA -
Brandon Knight G DAL RFA -
Luke Gifford LB DAL RFA -
Mitch Hyatt T DAL ERFA -

They’re set to lose a lot of good players.

Hardline

Reaction score
What impresses me most about Schultz is his Yards after Catch. The dude simply doesn't get tackled at the point of the catch.

Daillest88

Reaction score
That 2nd td. Man that was nice. He gets some tough yards after the catch too is what I like

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Look at the contracts for Hooper,Smith and Henry on this list and then look at their stats and then tell me why he would take less. If I was his agent I would not take less. If he hits another 60-70 for 700 yards that looks like the range to me. He is on pace for 74 - 762 on a 16 games basis.

https://overthecap.com/position/tight-end/

Yea looking at those numbers it is certainly possible. I would probably be willing to let him walk and take the comp pick at that point.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Im not even thinking about picking up FA. I just wish they had some money to keep a few more of their own around.

Keanu Neal SS DAL UFA -
Leighton Vander Esch LB DAL UFA -
Cedrick Wilson WR DAL UFA -
Brent Urban DE DAL UFA -
Ty Nsekhe RT DAL UFA -
Carlos Watkins DE DAL UFA -
Connor Williams G DAL UFA Market Value
Maurice Canady CB DAL UFA -
Damontae Kazee S DAL UFA -
Jayron Kearse S DAL UFA -
Noah Brown WR DAL UFA -
Bryan Anger P DAL UFA -
Jake McQuaide LS DAL UFA -
Randy Gregory OLB DAL UFA -
Corey Clement RB DAL UFA -
Cooper Rush QB DAL UFA -
Malik Hooker S DAL UFA -
Michael Gallup WR DAL UFA -
Malik Turner WR DAL UFA -
Dorance Armstrong DE DAL UFA -
Dalton Schultz TE DAL UFA -
Francis Bernard LB DAL ERFA -
Hunter Niswander P DAL ERFA -
Brandon Knight G DAL RFA -
Luke Gifford LB DAL RFA -
Mitch Hyatt T DAL ERFA -

They’re set to lose a lot of good players.

Yea, I was thinking of making my own post about the number of guys who are gonna be free agents. A lot of the guys the Cowboys brought in especially on defense are one year deals. They have to draft well to replace a lot of these guys. There are at least five guys I would want to keep on that list before getting to Schultz.

losersgetcute

Reaction score
As well as that draft class is panning out they had a chance that year at drafting Mark Andrews if they went TE in the 2nd or 3rd round instead of 4th. I'd rather have him and Shultz rather than Connor Williams which they took in the 2nd, I'm still not sold on him being better than Collins at LG..Gallup in the 3rd was a steal...