How about Dalton Schultz?

kskboys

Reaction score
Just think a lot of fans were ready to cut Schultz heading into last season. He only had 13 catches for just over 120 yards. He took advantage of his opportunity last season and his game continues to elevate every week.
In this case, looks like Jarwin was the progress stopper!!!!

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
6 catches on 7 targets for 80 yards and 2 TDs.

Dallas needs to extend him fast.

He's the #1 TE here by far.

:starspin:
very good, I was thinking about the guy who made the posts about trading OL we have to get Kittle :)

FVSTONE

Reaction score
In today's NFL with 17 games two quality TEs is a must. So JJ is going to have to come up with a way to sign this young stud if he continues to play at this high level.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jarwin contract does not prohibit the Cowboys from keeping Schultz. If the Cowboys were to choose to keep Schultz and release Jarwin you are looking at 2 mill dead money yet a cap saving of 4.2 million. This was never a high end deal that the Cowboys could not escape from.

Plankton

Reaction score
He’s a good player and will always have space to play in because of all of the surrounding talent.

You can tell playing with Witten really helped his development.

Now Dallas has to figure out how to pay him after giving Jarwin money.

They can cut Jarwin and only be on the hook for 2M after this year, even less if they make him a post-June 1 cut.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Appreciate him while it lasts. Sad to say, but Schultz will be gone after this season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They can cut Jarwin and only be on the hook for 2M after this year, even less if they make him a post-June 1 cut.

They still couldn’t afford what Schultz will cost in free agency.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Why is he a backup? Not making sense out of your assertion.
Since he is not Kelce, Kittle or Waller he must be backup material. I think that is how people think sometimes even though the guy is a top 10 TE. It's nonsense!

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can we white out Jarwin's name on the contract and put in Schultz...I'm sure no one would notice.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2 million dead cap next year and a 4.2 million savings.

https://overthecap.com/position/tight-end/

He will be getting money at about the range of 4-7 on this list. That's 12-15 mill a year for the cap. I am not sure how we do that and not sure we should.....

And that’s exactly why I think he’s gone after the season. A tough break for us but great for Schultz and his family.

Plankton

Reaction score
They still couldn’t afford what Schultz will cost in free agency.

It's all in how the contract get structured, and whether he has a desire to stay where he would give a hometown discount.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's all in how the contract get structured, and whether he has a desire to stay where he would give a hometown discount.

The guy will get paid well over $10 million a year. There’s no way the Cowboys can structure to where they can afford that, no matter the cap gymnastics.

visionary

Reaction score

agree, he’s getting into that Witten category where when Dak throws the ball and I see it is to Schultz I know that will be a catch

The kid is playing very well