How about we cut Dez Bryant

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I think we'd be better off w/ 3 #2 type WR's. Good route runners, and they wouldn't cost as much.

Honestly, I don't care what we call them. My choice would be to draft one in the first 2 rounds, bring him in and push T Will down the depth chart in 2018. I'd even consider drafting a Donta Moncrief who Lal knows well and had a pretty nice 1 year when Luck was healthy. It's time for another Laurent Robinson. Pretty good draft depth-wise @ WR

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you refer to him as noodle, you are showing an extreme lack of knowledge about football.
Your days of banning fans cause they don't agree with your view points are over kskboys....Long live the freedom of the press and long live America!!!

P.S. As much as you wish Dak could convince us along with you that he is a Franchise QB quality you forget we have eyes and brains and yours are no better than ours...GL Ksk in your new realty here ....

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Your days of banning fans cause they don't agree with your view points are over kskboys....Long live the freedom of the press and long live America!!!

P.S. As much as you wish Dak could convince us along with you that he is a Franchise QB quality you forget we have eyes and brains and yours are no better than ours...GL Ksk in your new realty here ....

Whoa Papps!!! This ain't the press. Some reporters actually back up their pieces with fact. Remember Woodward and Bernstein? The Pentagon Papers and the Washington Post? Ain't nothin on here like that. This site is more freedom of opinion ';)

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whoa Papps!!! This ain't the press. Some reporters actually back up their pieces with fact. Remember Woodward and Bernstein? The Pentagon Papers and the Washington Post? Ain't nothin on here like that. This site is more freedom of opinion ';)

Back in the Boys forum days Mr Kskboys a well known Dak supporter kept banning folk's who didn't agree with his opinion on Dak...hence quoting the freedom of the press and America's greatness....Go Boys!!!!
So far this site is pretty cool alot a great views and overall posters are polite and appreciate a good dose of humor now and then....GO BOYS!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score

Ah, can't win an argument so you pretend I said something!! And then turn to a very weak personal attack!!!!!

The days are not over of you spewing stuff that isn't true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Back in the Boys forum days Mr Kskboys a well known Dak supporter kept banning folk's who didn't agree with his opinion on Dak...hence quoting the freedom of the press and America's greatness....Go Boys!!!!
So far this site is pretty cool alot a great views and overall posters are polite and appreciate a good dose of humor now and then....GO BOYS!!!!
Ah, so now it's straight out lies!!!!!!! Pretty pathetic, dude.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ah, can't win an argument so you pretend I said something!! And then turn to a very weak personal attack!!!!!

The days are not over of you spewing stuff that isn't true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly Ksk Exactly and thank you for proving my point to the fullest....we are not here to win or lose a argument we are here to exchange our views,pain,joy, etc etc for the team we support and cherish... guess when you felt you were "Losing" back in the Boys forum days as a moderator you just banned away..no attack bud just cold hard reality...Welcome to our gang here ...stay awhile and have fun bud....!

cowboyec

Reaction score
Just don't see it.
cut Dez and replace with who?
a rookie?
he's better than the f/a WRs available.
I'd rather re-do his deal and get an up-grade over TWill.

at some point down the line I wouldnt be shocked if we part ways...don't see it this yr.

Pants

Reaction score
Dez can go
TWill can go quickly
Beasley can go
Butler should be gone already

JustChip

Reaction score
How about we cut Dez to "get him GOING"!

Not after one horrendous year. Yes, his productivity has declined since 2014, but part of that was due to the foot injury in the opening Giants game in 2015. But even with that, go back and watch ALL of the 2016 games and you will see that he was an integral and productive component to 13-3. And his lack of productivity this year was equal parts due to him and Dak's struggles. His cap hit if you cut him this year is too high - it's better to roll with him one more year and then cut him. But at the same time, draft a receiver in the first 3 rounds that can either be his replacement or T Will's.

kskboys

Reaction score
Exactly Ksk Exactly and thank you for proving my point to the fullest....we are not here to win or lose a argument we are here to exchange our views,pain,joy, etc etc for the team we support and cherish... guess when you felt you were "Losing" back in the Boys forum days as a moderator you just banned away..no attack bud just cold hard reality...Welcome to our gang here ...stay awhile and have fun bud....!
No, this is a personal attack. Let it go, dude. If you have to lie to win, you've already lost.

foofighters

Reaction score

LOL!!! Dude, you are still butt hurt about getting time outs? Let it go. I'll tell you one thing, those mod's over at the old board should have banned more than they did.

Verdict

Reaction score

This is a very good forum. By far the best of any I have ever been a part of. It is probably the largest forum of true Cowboys fans.

The opinions here are pretty diverse. That really is a good thing. I have seen people's opinions change on players, coaches, direction of the team etc. over time. I know there were time I viewed a situation a certain way and over time I agreed with what started out to be a very small minority view.

The mods are very good at letting you voice an opinion, even an unpopular opinion as long as you are respectful about it, which is great for everyone.

It seems to me that the guys who get benched here are what I would call "the usual subjects" who make everything personal, call people out, etc.

This is truly an outstanding message board. The mods allowing people to voice their opinions in a respectful way is really what makes this a great website.

Verdict

Reaction score
Why not atleast TRY to get something for him first......other teams trade.....we just CUT.

I am all for that school of thought. In fact I really think that is beyond legitimate debate. It should happen every time, if possible.

On the other hand, Dez' contract is so bad, and his performance is so far underperforming his contract that I believe that it is somewhat unlikely anyone would take on the contract with zero draft pick/player compensation, let alone pay compensation on top of taking on that contract.

Witten probably falls into that same class. I don't see anyone lining up to try to acquire either one of those guys for their current contract.

The only way I see someone trading for Dez or Witten would be if all of the following occurred:

1. They believe the player is still worth their current contract (maybe due to our inability to get full performance out of the player)

And

2. The acquiring team believes that the player, if cut would be desired by more than one team and some sort of bidding war would begin in which the player would cost them more than their current contract if they were cut,

And

3. The player will continue to be worth their contract for the duration of the existing contract.

And/or

4. The Cowboys are not willing to cut that player and the only way they can acquire the player is by trade.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, this is a personal attack. Let it go, dude. If you have to lie to win, you've already lost.
No one is attacking you KSKBOYS lol....the truth and nothing but the Truth Kskboys i know it hurts your chances to become a Moderator here but the truth always has a habit of rising to the top !
How you made your bed back when you had power has now caught up with you bud...GL

P.S. And remember all opinions have relevance and should be respected even if someone disagrees...were not stupid cause we don't agree with you bud....

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
“Threads,” your title is missing that last word.