How are the Cowboys not a top 10 offense?

Carson

Reaction score
Scott Linehan.

Dude never adjusted, wasn’t with the players and did his own thing.

If Zeke openly admits, Moore listens to them more and will do things to help that they see on the field, that’s all you need to know.

Plus anybody who watched any game the past few seasons, knew how predictable and vanilla our scheme was.

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
The only questionable one to me is the Eagles. Too high at #3.

Chiefs I understand over losing Hunt and Hill in over 1 season.
Still could be dominate with Reid running the show but they lost two talented players.

A quick look at the 2018 offensive stats, I believe most of the top 10 from 18 is in this list, outside of the Eagles who were at 18 overall and the Browns who were at 20. The Browns are getting a crap ton of hype off the play of Mayfield and they brought in OBJ and Hunt in the offseason. TBD, but I get why they jumped up.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Most will blame Scott (and the oline), some will blame Dak, others will say a bit of both. I'll say Moore can't fix our limitations, and I'll also say those Linehan "haters" will pile up on Moore (and the oline) if and when Dak struggles.

GenoT

Reaction score

CCBoy

Reaction score
Look at our offensive stats last year. How do they justify a top 10 ranking?

Improvements over the season and then what has been added to the mix since...including a Pro Bowl center returning.

Give that unit what better field position, which should be added by the defense, and things definitely will be improving once the Red Zone is encountered this season. That will place opponents on their collective heels.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Improvements over the season and then what has been added to the mix since...including a Pro Bowl center returning.

Give that unit what better field position, which should be added by the defense, and things definitely will be improving once the Red Zone is encountered this season. That will place opponents on their collective heels.

Ok. But other teams have improved over the offseason too. Our guys are going to have to show it on the field before anyone starts ranking them in the top third of the league offensively.

Rayman70

Reaction score

CCBoy

Reaction score
Ok. But other teams have improved over the offseason too. Our guys are going to have to show it on the field before anyone starts ranking them in the top third of the league offensively.

I'll just go ahead banking on what the team did the previous years...and not be blown off course by some generalized doubt. This offense is for real, now...and will prove it this season. I bet it puts over 30 on the Eagles, twice.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
As with every other season, the real 2019 NFL offensive rankings will be determined in late December, by actual on-field results.

The won’t be determined in early May by meaningless click-bait twaddle.
:muttley::facepalm:

Your right but this is May and based on 2018 with alot of the same key guys we were the 22nd ranked offense in the NFL at 343.8 yards per game and the 22nd ranked offense in points per game at 21.2, so is it really a suprise that people right now don't see us as a top 10 offense? C'mon guys

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/netTotalYards

Sydla

Reaction score
Eagles and Colts would see nowhere near my top 10. And I must be missing something to say those offenses are better than the Chiefs......

And Steelers wouldn’t either.

Steelers were 4th in yards per game and 5th in points per game last year. I think people seemingly forget they are a very good offense. I don't know if it's because people stereotype them as some ground and pound team, but they have typically been a very prolific offense. If Big Ben can manage to stay healthy, they will be a legit offense most likely. AIthough it will remain to be seen what they can do with Brown, however.

They are also likely banking on the Eagles returning to their SB year offense. With Wentz, they were Top 5 in scoring and total offense. If he's healthy, they should be very good. They have a good OL, real options at TB now, they have dynamic TEs and a decent group of WRs.

The Colts were 7th in scoring and yards per game last year.

Sydla

Reaction score
Your right but this is May and based on 2018 with alot of the same key guys we were the 22nd ranked offense in the NFL at 343.8 yards per game and the 22nd ranked offense in points per game at 21.2, so is it really a suprise that people right now don't see us as a top 10 offense? C'mon guys

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/netTotalYards

This thread is a clear window into the world of fan homerism. There is really no reason, at this point, to think the Cowboys are getting slighted here.

Even if you just look at points per game (including the playoffs) with Cooper, it would average out to 22.3 points per game which would only move them up a few spots in the points per game rankings.

Now add in an OC that has been coaching for one year and how in the world can people expect outsiders to think this offense is ready to just starting plowing people?