How are we really doing compared to past years?

Big_D

Reaction score
That is why it is funny to keep blaming Dak. Our GM philosophy is Superstars not Teams, win SB's.

Good teams know how to neutralize your Super Stars. They take away your strengths and force you to beat them with your weaknesses, because we are not a balanced team.

When you are not balanced, you become very predictable and easy to defeat. Simple as that.

Every team in the NFL should double CD and Parsons all game long.

I'm not only blaming the QB, Jerry and his kid are idiots which is just another reason overpaying the QB as of right now makes no sense. They reached a point where the team isn't good enough and the number isn't feasible if they actually do want to win something someday. They pretty much undid any shot they did have.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'm not only blaming the QB, Jerry and his kid are idiots which is just another reason overpaying the QB as of right now makes no sense. They reached a point where the team isn't good enough and the number isn't feasible if they actually do want to win something someday. They pretty much undid any shot they did have.
It is unfortunate that GM Jethro can't trade Dake.

Hopefully he has learned from some of his big contract mistakes.

Big_D

Reaction score
It is unfortunate that GM Jethro can't trade Dake.

Hopefully he has learned from some of his big contract mistakes.

He doesn't seem to learn and then always tries to overcompensate for it. We'll see how this situation plays out. I don't see good things happening here with the Jones clan in charge even if they clear space and change course.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Lol, they were a 12 win team. They have a top qb in the conference. They have a top receiver in the league. They have one of the best defensive players in the league. They have a nfl record setting corner. They are already better at linebacker. They could be better at center and running back. They are historically good at drafting.
are you really spaulding ??

Chasing6

Reaction score
Lol, they were a 12 win team. They have a top qb in the conference. They have a top receiver in the league. They have one of the best defensive players in the league. They have a nfl record setting corner. They are already better at linebacker. They could be better at center and running back. They are historically good at drafting.
But........they have GM Jethro.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think the main difference is the fans perception. 3 straight 12 win seasons and we recognize the cowboys are an above average team that gets exposed in the playoffs. But we believe they could be more. The NFC was fairly weak but getting better and fans see teams in the East using free agency to try and get better. It's a bit of an over reacting to worry about this team just yet, they haven't lost anyone that would cost them games. We just have to wait and see if they continue to waste the good talent still on this team.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
A lot has been made of how we have acquired only one player - Kendricks - thus far. We are now 9 days into FA. So I went back over the last 5 offseasons just to compare it to now in terms of when we added players. After 9 days:

2019 (3) - FA started 3/13/19

Cobb (3/19)
Hyder (3/18)
Covington (3/14)

2020 (0) - FA started 3/18/20

2021 (5) - FA started on 3/17/21

Nsekhe (3/22)
Urban (3/22)
Watkins (3/22)
Basham (3.22)
McQuiade (3.22)

2022 (2) - FA started on 3/16/22

Washington (3/18)
Fowler (3/18)

2023 (5) - FA started on 3/15/22

Jones (3/21)
Edoga (3/21)
Sieg (3/22)
Cooks (3/19) - trade
Gilmore (3/14) - trade

So it definitely seems like we are lagging a bit but our inactivity other than Kendricks isn't all that unusual. So I am not sure one can assume because we've signed just one guy that doesn't indicate this might be some sort of secret tear down. However, do whatever you wish with this data.
They are cleaning the roster and making room, it's time for past draft classes to step up or get out of the way as well.
Muk
Wright
Scott
Thomas
Williams
It's time to put up or shut up as well, and I am being generous with this short list.
We need to see something from this group and hopefully a healthy Overshown, we have been red shirting for way too long.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Fowler got a $3MM deal from Washington. That's another cheap contract Dallas should have considered. Fowler was a quality back up edge player.

So there are two guys that didn't "overpaid" that likely would have been smart moves to bring back given the contracts they signed.

It's inevitable. The more you guys try to justify what Jerry is doing the sillier and sillier you guys eventually end up looking.
Sorry bro but Fowler was just a pay check collector, same as Armstrong, we never saw advancement in their game... dead weight,,, bye bye

Sydla

Reaction score
Maybe they feel that Fehoko and Williams with be able to replace Fowler and Armstrong.
Oh I am pretty sure that's how they feel. But this often burns them when they let quality vets walk thinking their hand picked guys will just fill in. Fehoko is a complete unknown. Banking on him seems........... risky.