How big is Cowboys game in Phil?

Kwyn

Reaction score
Obviously not a must win game but how big is this game in the current playoff picture and hopes of winning division which is the difference of being on the road throughout the playoffs or some games at home .

Right now not only is 1st place of the division on the table but 1st seed in NFC which is everything this team was hoping for and the ultimate goals.

A win Sunday vaults the Cowboys as more serious contenders leading the pack. We could actually finally begin meeting the hype.

Or we could fall to the 6th seed ( currently 5th) being 3 games back in division ( with current tiebreaker ) and basically be more of pretenders than serious contenders.

We both have strong schedules upcoming and anything can happen but we’ll be looking more from the outside instead of being on top. This is our opportunity
Its phillys Super Bowl. Us too

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
All our DB's need to do is stop letting Philly's receivers run under ducks. Hopefully, the pass rush won't be on a milk carton Sunday.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s phillys Super Bowl. Us too
I’d argue it’s a more important game for us. If they lose are still tied (except for tiebreaker) . If we lose are 2 back , 3 counting tiebreaker . That’s a big swing.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I’d argue it’s a more important game for us. If they lose are still tied (except for tiebreaker) . If we lose are 2 back , 3 counting tiebreaker . That’s a big swing.
Eagles pretty much need to go at least 3-3 over their next six to still be in relative control of the division. A win against us is worth more than the rest.

Their last three games of the year are a joke so they could find themselves resting players right after Christmas.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Eagles pretty much need to go at least 3-3 over their next six to still be in relative control of the division. A win against us is worth more than the rest.

Their last three games of the year are a joke so they could find themselves resting players right after Christmas.
The Whiners have really given them a gift with 3 straight losses. Egirls might not lose 3 all season.

If they beat us Sunday they could run away with it. Lions could give them more of a run than anyone else.

Kwyn

Reaction score
The Whiners have really given them a gift with 3 straight losses. Egirls might not lose 3 all season.

If they beat us Sunday they could run away with it. Lions could give them more of a run than anyone else.
That’s why this is such a big game.

If the Eagles win this week, anything other than 2-5 over their next stretch is bad news.

The Eagles have been very fortunate to not be 4-3 or 5-2. It’s a credit to their grittiness and determination, but for the rest of the NFC, those narrow escapes week after week are going to be a problem.

To be fair, we control our destiny because we have two games against them. Win both and we are in control. Split and we end up looking for help.

jay94

Reaction score
Super Bowl of first pick of the draft, just watch after the game ends.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That’s why this is such a big game.

If the Eagles win this week, anything other than 2-5 over their next stretch is bad news.

The Eagles have been very fortunate to not be 4-3 or 5-2. It’s a credit to their grittiness and determination, but for the rest of the NFC, those narrow escapes week after week are going to be a problem.

To be fair, we control our destiny because we have two games against them. Win both and we are in control. Split and we end up looking for help.
Yea, I just can’t see a clear path to division if we lose Sunday, I’m not sure we have to sweep them but this is the one we need .

It will allow us more leeway down the road being tied than 2 down.

jay94

Reaction score
We will likely go 1 and 1 with the Eagles, you don't have to love it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We will likely go 1 and 1 with the Eagles, you don't have to love it.
Could be . But I think this one is more important so we don’t fall 2 back. Plus after bad loss to SF we need to show we can beat a top team and truly be a serious contender or we might be struggling just to remain a wildcard with brutal schedule down the road.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Could be . But I think this one is more important so we don’t fall 2 back. Plus after bad loss to SF we need to show we can beat a top team and truly be a serious contender or we might be struggling just to remain a wildcard with brutal schedule down the road.
I am not really concerned about “showing” anything. That’s 90% fan stuff and only 10% makes that into the locker room.

It’s about wins and losses and how we play. Thr team feeds off momentum in the game.

coult44

Reaction score
They won't win the division if they lose this game. It's just highly unlikely they could make up that much ground with 9 to play. They aren't winning out after that.
They said the same thing about SF. Now three games later, here we are with Seattle leading the west. Wayyyyy too much ball left to be played .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think it is a huge game for psychological reasons mainly.
As for end of season outcomes, not real big but important.
The team that wins will have an edge over the other.

plasticman

Reaction score
It is a division game between the two top teams in the NFC East.

It is highly likely that this game, along with their 2nd game, will determine the division champion.

Given the records of all teams leading their division in the NFC, this could possibly be the difference between the #1 seed and the #5 seed.

If the Cowboys get the #1 seed then they are awarded a playoff bye a week before hosting the bottom remaining seed. If they are the wildcard team then, most likely, they must win three consecutive away games to get to the Super Bowl.

Getting a top seed is crucial, particularly as of late. The Cowboys have a great homefield advantage since the beginning of the 2022 season with a record of 11-1. However, they are mediocre on the road with a 6-6 record.

I am not overreacting when I say that the two games against the Eagles will most likely determine the Cowboys ability to go deep into the playoffs this season.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Obviously not a must win game but how big is this game in the current playoff picture and hopes of winning division which is the difference of being on the road throughout the playoffs or some games at home .

Right now not only is 1st place of the division on the table but 1st seed in NFC which is everything this team was hoping for and the ultimate goals.
The result's important, but not as important as the performance. If the Offense doesnt perform (win or lose) then the last two games will be considered a typical Dallas beating up on the mediocre only to capitulate against a top Defense.

The problem with us is that last week (eg Bucc's) isnt an indication of next week's performance (49ers)......if we can start performing week in week out then we'll compete in the play-offs, even ranked as 5th Seed.