How Big is Cowboys game tonight?

Batman1980

Reaction score
Your right. A loss going 0-2 isn’t a big deal unless you had aspirations to contend for the playoffs.

Anyone who expected play-offs with the overhaul on this roster was being too optimistic if week 1 is any indication.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Anyone who expected play-offs with the overhaul on this roster was being too optimistic if week 1 is any indication.
Id agree but there were many who not only had lofty expectations but were placing ultimatums based on making the playoffs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I understand that feeling but not tonight. I've got too much history with the team, particularly with division games, I cannot pull to lose to the Giants. I did not want to lose to PHL in that last needless game of 2016.

That said, I do think the Cowboys lose this game tonight because there are too many new pieces and what was once THE strength of the team, that OL, has become very ordinary.
Rooting to lose is never an option .

If losing brings about changes which moves us in a better direction so be it but there’s never any guarantees.

I’ve supported a dormant Alma Mater almost my entire life and you never want to lose . You can become numb to losing but you never want or enjoy. But you can live for winning the rivalry games like your suggesting.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not a big fan of this stat, there’s too many variables. Even if they lose, they’re still only one game behind every other NFCE team.
Yep stats are often meaningless. Ultimately the results determine our fate. But the percentages reflect how tough it is to overcome 0-2.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Winner will be tied for lead in NFCE and the loser will be one game back. Not that big of a game since it’s so early. Falling to 0-2 may get into some of the young players minds though.

blueblood70

Reaction score
not very cant call it a must win in game 2..its an important game but looking at all the losses in our division not as big..a win would be great but still o-2 one out in the div 2 games in is not that big of deal..they cant play like if they lose three seasons over..only fans think like this.

kumizi

Reaction score
If they get blown out tonight, there’s a small chance clapper might be gone.

Otherwise, it’s not a big game. Neither one of these teams is a contender.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I’ll be a Cowboys fan until I die, but I’m tanking this season if it means Garrett and the circus finally leaves town.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
meh ... if we go 8-8 and miss the playoffs, Jerrah will be happy and give Garrett an extension.

'The Garrett Era' is trash with no accountability .

MaineBoy

Reaction score
If I’m not mistaken, isn’t game 3 on the road in Seattle ? Tonight is huge because 0-2 after tonight is pretty sure to turn in to 0-3 in Seattle. That’s what makes tonite so big. Even with a win, they are still probably 1-2 after Seattle. But 0-3 and the wheels will come off.

star-ving

Reaction score
There's always some excuse...from the offense had to carry the Defense. Defense had to carry the offense. The QB can't play. The WRs can't get open or stretch the field. The coaches can't coach or develop. We screwed up in the draft. Too cheap in FA. Overpaid in FA. So and so is suspended or injured.

Always the same result. Mediocre. Owner gets richer and richer. FO are convinced they are football geniuses trying to get a good return on their later round and injury gambles.

Really is sickening watching Mahomes blowing up the league. Get what you pay for.