How 'Bout Them Rangers

jr40usa

Reaction score
Sorry guys for talking baseball, I am usually thru caring about the Tx. Rnagers when training camp starts - But this may be the year good things happen for the Rangers and Cowboys.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Rangers look great right now and with a 7 game lead they should be a shoo in for post season (knock knock)

Getting Cliff Lee to match with Wilson and Lewis should make us serious World Series contenders

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Can't wait for the Angels to go down again tonight....and again tomorrow.

You won't believe this nonsense from an Angels fan site:

http://www.halosheaven.com/2010/7/23/1585329/pathetic-rangers-offense-squeaks#comments

Pathetic Rangers Offense Squeaks Past Angels
The Texas Rangers are running out of gas and nobody is noticing. Their slumping offense held on to a 1st inning HR by Michael Young to avoid being shutout by Joe Saunders. The Angels lefty came into the game with an ERA over 11 in Texas and allowed that lone run in 7 innings pitched. It is not even August and the Rangers can barely lift the bats off their shoulders, scoring a meager four runs in the first two games of their four game set with the reigning American League West champion Angels. The Halos will have no trouble repeating with the wilting Texas team phoning in the final 40 percent of the season like they did tonight.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Red Dragon;3467890 said:

http://www.halosheaven.com/2010/7/23/1585329/pathetic-rangers-offense-squeaks#comments

The Texas Rangers are running out of gas and nobody is noticing. Their slumping offense held on to a 1st inning HR by Michael Young to avoid being shutout by Joe Saunders. The Angels lefty came into the game with an ERA over 11 in Texas and allowed that lone run in 7 innings pitched. It is not even August and the Rangers can barely lift the bats off their shoulders, scoring a meager four runs in the first two games of their four game set with the reigning American League West champion Angels. The Halos will have no trouble repeating with the wilting Texas team phoning in the final 40 percent of the season like they did tonight.

Seems like the guy is just figuring on history repeating itself.

Mike_45

Reaction score
I am loving this season! I have been a Rangers fan since about 1990, but really did not follow the team every day until right after the strike.

They are inducting Tom Grieve into the Rangers Hall of fame tonight, I can honestly that man helped me really grow to love baseball. Pretty cool.

Hopefully we can make it 8 games over the Angels tonight!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5;3467888 said:
Rangers look great right now and with a 7 game lead they should be a shoo in for post season (knock knock)

Getting Cliff Lee to match with Wilson and Lewis should make us serious World Series contenders

:ralph:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Red Dragon;3467890 said:

The Texas Rangers are running out of gas and nobody is noticing. Their slumping offense held on to a 1st inning HR by Michael Young to avoid being shutout by Joe Saunders. The Angels lefty came into the game with an ERA
over 11 in Texas and allowed that lone run in 7 innings pitched. It is not even August and the Rangers can barely lift the bats off their shoulders, scoring a meager four runs in the first two games of their four game set with the reigning American League West champion Angels. The Halos will have no
trouble repeating with the wilting Texas team phoning in the final 40 percent of the season like they did tonight.

Annd the Angels scored how many runs in the first two games?

That's right.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Man, I really like Kinsler, but the man is injury prone all to hell. :banghead:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Brutal schedule going forward.
But with 3 starting pitchers in the top 20, I like our odds!

juck

Reaction score
nyc;3474890 said:
Man, I really like Kinsler, but the man is injury prone all to hell. :banghead:
I agree.He ison 15 day tho. Should be ok altho Arias sucks.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
juck;3475427 said:
I agree.He ison 15 day tho. Should be ok altho Arias sucks.

Arias' bat isn't terrible. Maybe Cantu can play a little 2nd. I loved the rookie Moreland going 2-4.

The quicker Feldman gets sent down the better.

Injuries happen, I hope nothing major happens to anyone.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
I actually got drug to the last game against the Angels (I hate baseball), and had more fun than I thought I would. George Bush Jr. and Laura were there. They announced his presence and everyone cheered. I BOOED as loud as I could.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Yep. I'm a big Ranger fan myself. These are fun times to be a Ranger fan. But our offense has slide a bit and it's honestly because we did not get any production the last 2-3 weeks or since the Cliff Lee trade and that centers around Chris Davis. He's a good defensive player. But when it comes to a bat, he is terrible. I think he is now under .200 for the season. Something needed to change.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3475655 said:
Arias' bat isn't terrible. Maybe Cantu can play a little 2nd. I loved the rookie Moreland going 2-4.

The quicker Feldman gets sent down the better.

Injuries happen, I hope nothing major happens to anyone.

Yeah, I was excited to see Moreland go 2-4, but it's early. Once teams get a better look at him, it will get harder for him.

As for Feldman, I don't think he can't be sent down. (3 years in the majors) Anyhow, I believe he is about to be relegated to the bullpen. He was suppose to start Saturday, but they've taken that away from him. I'm not sure he will see another start until he works out his issues.

Eldorado

Reaction score
It bothers me how a team that declared bankruptcy can still mike high-profile trades. This is a business, after all. Life shouldn't just work like that.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Eldorado;3475780 said:
It bothers me how a team that declared bankruptcy can still mike high-profile trades. This is a business, after all. Life shouldn't just work like that.

You sound like an apposing team fan that is scared of the Rangers. Did you even look at the trades they made. They cost minimal money on the Rangers part.

Move along now.

Stautner

Reaction score
nyc;3475725 said:
Yeah, I was excited to see Moreland go 2-4, but it's early. Once teams get a better look at him, it will get harder for him.

As for Feldman, I don't think he can't be sent down. (3 years in the majors) Anyhow, I believe he is about to be relegated to the bullpen. He was suppose to start Saturday, but they've taken that away from him. I'm not sure he will see another start until he works out his issues.

I think Feldman can be designated for assignment to the minors, and then he could make a choice to either accept it or become a free agent. It's a shame he isn't performing like last year, but I'm not sure he even has a significant role in our bullpen. With Harden coming back, and Holland getting healthy in the minors I'm nost sure how he fits.