How 'Bout Them Rangers

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
This Rangers team is amazing, I mean it's timely hitting from any part of the lineup that changes from game to game. Kins and Cruz go quiet for a while and Hambone heats up, and when Andrus goes cold Young heats up. The whole order can hit at any time, they always pick each other up.... We just gotta pick up one of the next two to be in great shape.

Alweezy

Reaction score
Question:

Many of us knew we had a hired gun when Cliff Lee came here.

So if and I sure hope this isn't the case, but if he doesn't resign here.... has Cliff Lee done enough for the Rangers to be immoratlized as one of the All Time Great Texas Rangers?

I'm dead serious.

C.C. Sabathia was a rental for the Brewers, and I think he made their all-time Brewers team. That's the level of respect they had for what CC did for their franchise. I'm starting to get there with Lee for us... if he went to new York I don't think I could boo the man like I do Arod/Tex... because he has singlehandedly orchestrated some of the the best Texas Rangers memories 'I've had in a long time.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
I honestly think we have a shot to retain him..... Just check out this piece about him and his family:
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/1...nding_rangers.html?blockID=333389&feedID=3633

His family lives very close to DFW, about the same distance from DFW to Houston, and he can visit his family during the season much easier. He's at the point in his career that I think that stability and a permanent home would be much more appealing than making a boat load of cash in NYC. He has the spotlight in Texas, he'll get paid for sure, and he'll be close to home. I think that with the clubhouse we've got here and the organization we have, it'll be hard for Lee to say no thanks and go anywhere else. I mean what pitcher wouldn't wanna pitch for Nolan Ryan's team?

Stautner

Reaction score
Alweezy;3632810 said:
Question:

Many of us knew we had a hired gun when Cliff Lee came here.

So if and I sure hope this isn't the case, but if he doesn't resign here.... has Cliff Lee done enough for the Rangers to be immoratlized as one of the All Time Great Texas Rangers?

I'm dead serious.

C.C. Sabathia was a rental for the Brewers, and I think he made their all-time Brewers team. That's the level of respect they had for what CC did for their franchise. I'm starting to get there with Lee for us... if he went to new York I don't think I could boo the man like I do Arod/Tex... because he has singlehandedly orchestrated some of the the best Texas Rangers memories 'I've had in a long time.

Nope. Not even remotely close. Not even if he goes on to help us win the World Series, so definitely not at this point. If he helps us win the World Series he will have a permanent place in Rangers lore, but he still will not be one of the all time great Rangers. To be recognized in that way a player has to spend a significant enough portion of their career as a Ranger that they are recognized as a Ranger, and not just a brief, albeit outstanding, blip in their history.

magwhump

Reaction score
I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I hope the Rangers can go all the way this year!

OK... This may be a silly question, but...

What the heck is the deal with the claw hand on the front & the deer with the hand-antlers on the back of Rangers shirts lately?

juck

Reaction score
magwhump;3634370 said:
I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I hope the Rangers can go all the way this year!

OK... This may be a silly question, but...

What the heck is the deal with the claw hand on the front & the deer with the hand-antlers on the back of Rangers shirts lately?

Claw=long distance high five
antlers=speed play,came from hambones deer rack above his locker.

juck

Reaction score
Rangers are officially more successful then the Cowboys have been since 1996.

Alweezy

Reaction score
juck;3635317 said:
Rangers are officially more successful then the Cowboys have been since 1996.

All the dallas teams have been more successful than the Cowboys since 1996.

gmb85

Reaction score
Alweezy;3635328 said:
All the dallas teams have been more successful than the Cowboys since 1996.
Jerry oughta be ashamed of himself.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Whew! Great win! Now a little bragging to the Yankees fans here...

I have always been rocked for being a Rangers fan, especially in the ALCS. I hate cocky Yankees fans, but looks like I'll be the cocky one now....:)

juck

Reaction score
Motorbreath;3635413 said:
Whew! Great win! Now a little bragging to the Yankees fans here...

I have always been rocked for being a Rangers fan, especially in the ALCS. I hate cocky Yankees fans, but looks like I'll be the cocky one now....:)

Im hushing till its over. If we win Im all over them.

dwdj75

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Eldorado;3476149 said:
Furthermore, you guys might want to tap the breaks when it comes to these World Series plans. I'm a Yankees fan, i'll get that out there right away; but there won't be anything given about even a playoff series. Assuming, which is a fair assumption, the Yankees win the AL regular season and the Rays take the wild card, or vice versa. Because of the rules that you can't play a division opponent in the first round, the Rangers would theoretically have to beat the Rays in a 5 game series, followed by the Yankees in a 7 game series. Cliff Lee isn't going to play all 7 games.

Impossible? Hardly. But don't buy your tickets yet.

Wow your prediction was so off but dead on. ;)