How can anyone here honestly expect to win Sunday? *Merge*

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
2005: Lose final game to lowly Rams at home

2006: Lose Final game to lowly Lions at home

2007: Get blown out in final game against Washington

2008: We go to Philadelphia with them still having something to play for

The pressure will higher than in any late season game in the past 3 years and we have had such a horrible track record in games like this late in the season.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Wish I could disagree with you, but I can't. I'm no doomer either, this is the cold, stark reality. The Cowboys are definitely a more talented team, for sure, but does anyone here have any faith left in these coaches? How about in this team's ability to win a December road game against an NFC East rival?

Give me some hope, I'm all ears. :)

Nav22

Reaction score
Yeah, we really laid an egg vs. the Giants last week.

I'll raise the stakes, HeavyHitta31. I'll bet you that Dallas wins next week.

We can bet on the loser having to sport the winner's sig/avatar of choice for a period of time.

What do you say?

willia451

Reaction score
I don't have expectations. It's enough for me to know, we are CAPABLE of winning. Which we are. Now WILL we? No clue.

Go Cowboys!!!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Nav22;2515802 said:
Yeah, we really laid an egg vs. the Giants last week.

I'll raise the stakes, HeavyHitta31. I'll bet you that Dallas wins next week.

We can bet on the loser having to sport the winner's sig/avatar of choice for a period of time.

What do you say?

I'm not going to bet on my team losing. I don't want them to lose.

I just think they will, because all past evidence indicates they will.

cmacch

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2515787 said:

2008: We go to Philadelphia with them still having something to play for

The pressure will higher than in any late season game in the past 3 years and we have had such a horrible track record in games like this late in the season.

Give it up already. Just because you're miserable does not mean you have to continuously sweep in and **** all over everyone else's hopes...no matter how ridiculous they may be.

I can't wait to see what you have to say when, yes...I said when, the Cowboys beat the Eagles. Hopefully you just won't show your face here anymore.

Ben Roflsberger

Reaction score
yeah. i was checking this out last night. i'll be ecstatic if we win, but i wont be surprised if we dont.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
That is what the some at the DMN and FWST would have written.

The election is next week.

Can yoooou dig it?

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2515787 said:

2008: ?

So basically we are due?

This is a playoff game. Eventually we will win one. This could be the one.

physeter

Reaction score
The NFL this year has lacked a dominant team. The Giants, Panthers, Titans and Steelers might have played the best football when compared among the remaining teams in the league. But they have shown that they can be beaten.

That has helped the Cowboys. After the mediocre mid-season and especially last night's game, the team still controls its own destiny. If they decide to get in gear and stop their stupid mistakes and lack of concentration they could make the play-offs. What could happen after that? I don't know. For a deep run they will need something that they haven't shown so far: consistency. Something that has not happened since a long time. As of today coaches and players have only showed intermittently the amount of potential they could have.

For me it is unbelievable that both conferences are still open at the last week of the season......and more unbelievable is that Dallas can still get in after so poor performances during the whole season.

Which Cowboy team will play next week in Philly? The one that just beat the Giants two weeks ago? The one that played in Thanksgiving Day? The one that played in Pittsburgh? Or the one that played yesterday? Too many faces for a team that is supposed to be championship calibre.....

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
cmacch;2515813 said:
Give it up already. Just because you're miserable does not mean you have to continuously sweep in and **** all over everyone else's hopes...no matter how ridiculous they may be.

I can't wait to see what you have to say when, yes...I said when, the Cowboys beat the Eagles. Hopefully you just won't show your face here anymore.

It's called reality. In this fantasy world that you live in where Dallas plays well in big late-season games, is OJ also innocent?

If Dallas does win, I'll happily admit I was wrong.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
We get another week to be disappointed in our favorite team, showing up (if we're lucky) and choking away yet another important december game.

Sorry if I don't share the enthusiasm most of you here have. Have you actually been watching this team lately?

Einstein's defintion of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and over again but to expect different results. And I've reached my insanity limit.

I've had enough of throwing my heart into this team, yelling obscenities to the top of my lungs, and breaking anythign and everything within an arm's reach just cuz I'm getting fired up in my living room. Hell, I get more fired up then anyone on the team does. Why should I expect them to play with any more enthusiasm? They get paid either way, win or lose.

I broke a $100 mouse yesterday (thanks to the Great Willis McBumKnee) and I literally can't afford to replace all the **** I break on gamedays.

Do I WANT them to win? Sure. You bet. Do I think they'll dig deep and find a way to get it done? Absolutely not.

So you're on your own this weekend, Cowboys. I won't be inducing a heartattack this weekend hoping you bums actually care whether you win or lose.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
SO many people are going to be heart broken Sunday.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;2515819 said:
So basically we are due?

This is a playoff game. Eventually we will win one. This could be the one.

We arent "due". What is going to change between yesterday to next week, or from the last 3 years to this year?

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Rack and Heavy Hitta.. same person??? I need that head hitting the bricking wall emoticon.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
For anyone to think im not a real fan or negative to say they will not win next weekends game is just out of bounds.

I don't trust this team nor do i feel like getting suckered again. Im already looking forward to next year.

jordan20

Reaction score
If we don't get the offense going we will not win. If we do, we have a chance to win and make some noise in the playoffs. That is a big IF the way things have been going lately.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
physeter;2515821 said:
The NFL this year has lacked a dominant team. The Giants, Panthers, Titans and Steelers might have played the best football when compared among the remaining teams in the league. But they have shown that they can be beaten.

That has helped the Cowboys. After the mediocre mid-season and especially last night's game, the team still controls its own destiny. If they decide to get in gear and stop their stupid mistakes and lack of concentration they could make the play-offs. What could happen after that? I don't know. For a deep run they will need something that they haven't shown so far: consistency. Something that has not happened since a long time. As of today coaches and players have only showed intermittently the amount of potential they could have.

For me it is unbelievable that both conferences are still open at the last week of the season......and more unbelievable is that Dallas can still get in after so poor performances during the whole season.

Which Cowboy team will play next week in Philly? The one that just beat the Giants two weeks ago? The one that played in Thanksgiving Day? The one that played in Pittsburgh? Or the one that played yesterday? Too many faces for a team that is supposed to be championship calibre.....

yup, and San Diego can still get in to the AFC playoffs with a win against Denver next week. They would get in at 8-8.