How can Dallas beat the Saints?

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
Our defense is a lot better than Philly's, we will get some stops.

We won't shut them down, Prescott needs to move the ball and convert on third down.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
1. Run the ball, control the clock, keep the score close and keep Brees on the sideline as much as possible

2. Get a consistent pass rush and hit Brees as much as possible

3. Don't let them beat you deep, keep their WRs in front of you, rally to ball, tackle well and try and chop and rip at the ball every chance you get

Once they get a huge lead like today-- nothing you can do. They will score points and be dangerous no question-- but we are at home, and have a young, fast, talented defense. Gotta get more from our offense and play mistake free. Do the above and we can beat the Saints.

^^^ Nailed it cuz

Praxit

Reaction score
..hey, .. you never know and have to play them twice, that would suck.

just_catch_it

Reaction score
I don't mean this to be a rhetorical question.We get them in Big D, which does help only in the sense that they are scary good at the Superdome compared to beatable good on the road. Gotta play excellent D (which this team can do) and run run run with Zeke.

Everyone keeps talking about a win Thursday gets us a TIE in the NFCE. Great! Only problem is the 'Skins already got their L from the Saints. Philly too. Now, if by some miracle we can beat New Orleans, I'll be very happy to eat crow. But then you realize that a deep playoff run cannot happen w/o going through New Orleans. I'm happy today fellas, but like y'all my expectations are tempered.
The Saints are averaging over 47 points a game over the last 3 games. They got the Best players at all the skilled positions. QB, WR, RB. Vegas will have us a 21 point underdog! I just hope we can find away to beat the Skins first!

pitt33

Reaction score
Would be one of the greatest regular season victories for the Cowboys.

Not sure it will make that list though.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I don't mean this to be a rhetorical question.We get them in Big D, which does help only in the sense that they are scary good at the Superdome compared to beatable good on the road. Gotta play excellent D (which this team can do) and run run run with Zeke.

Everyone keeps talking about a win Thursday gets us a TIE in the NFCE. Great! Only problem is the 'Skins already got their L from the Saints. Philly too. Now, if by some miracle we can beat New Orleans, I'll be very happy to eat crow. But then you realize that a deep playoff run cannot happen w/o going through New Orleans. I'm happy today fellas, but like y'all my expectations are tempered.
Slash the tires on the saints team bus

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Awuzie and Brown better get it together very quickly if we want a chance against Brees.

#24 is becoming as big of a target as RW31 used to be.

Thing is once you get that target on you it is tough to get it off. There were a couple plays where they had good coverage and the Falcons were still able to beat them.

As for beating the Saints, it is going to take a complete game from everyone. Atlanta's offense is fairly close in talent and our defense was able to keep them to only 19 points at their home. That is pretty impressive to be honest, but I see posts saying how bad the defense is. Our offense has to be able to protect Dak and open holes for Zeke.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Can't worry about the Saints right now. On the plus side they'll have extra time to get ready for them. I think you'll see a really good effort in that game.

Guys, how many times do we need to remind ourselves...

Who WE FANS worry about (or not worry about) means nothing -- it's all about the TEAM and how they come out and perform. This "one game at a time" thing means everything when you're actually the ones playing the game, but as fans, hey, why not speculate?

I'm just *assuming* Dallas can get by Washington on Thanksgiving Day. Not a bad assumption given that, um, the 'Skins rarely sweep Dallas in a season series these days (when's the last time it happened?) Oh and their OL is banged up, and their starting QB just broke his leg. Other than that, they're fine.

6-5 would be great 4 days from now. But going to 7-5 the following Thursday (Dallas - NO is a Thursday night game, btw) would be a helluva lot better than 6-6. Just sayin'.

Jipper

Reaction score
Beat Washington and let the week play out....yoy just never know who's going to be injured or have a bad game....as long as our defense comes to play and we are relatively healthy then we will have a shot.

We are going to be the underdog but, if we win next week, it should be by no more then 4....just beat Washington then figure it out