How can Dallas beat the Saints?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Saints beat a bad Eagles team in their hoise.
They will have a harder time doing that to us in our house.

But let’s see how we play against the Commanders first. Then see how it goes, if we get our DL back as well.

ultron

Reaction score
We always give them a GG (regardless of record), it's kinda like when Peyton manning was in the league - we always either beat him or came very close. It's a "must win" for us and not a "must win" for them & it's a home game like you mentioned. They'll probably smack us, but it'll be closer than the shhhhmack that they put on the Eagles today lol

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't mean this to be a rhetorical question.We get them in Big D, which does help only in the sense that they are scary good at the Superdome compared to beatable good on the road. Gotta play excellent D (which this team can do) and run run run with Zeke.

Everyone keeps talking about a win Thursday gets us a TIE in the NFCE. Great! Only problem is the 'Skins already got their L from the Saints. Philly too. Now, if by some miracle we can beat New Orleans, I'll be very happy to eat crow. But then you realize that a deep playoff run cannot happen w/o going through New Orleans. I'm happy today fellas, but like y'all my expectations are tempered.
We were supposed to get wrecked by them im 2009 as well. Handed them there first loss and we went on a run the rest.

We need consistent pressure on defense, and turnover free ball on offense. If we manage that, make the clutch plays, then good things can happen

Crypto

Reaction score
Start Lewis at CB over Awuzie....
Awuzie got a lot of hate today. It's fair, he didn't have a great game. But he was not a dud, he was a body in position. Maybe he had a bad Taco, not sure. He will be great next week. Lots of mistakes from great players today.

Cydios

Reaction score
I don't mean this to be a rhetorical question.We get them in Big D, which does help only in the sense that they are scary good at the Superdome compared to beatable good on the road. Gotta play excellent D (which this team can do) and run run run with Zeke.

Everyone keeps talking about a win Thursday gets us a TIE in the NFCE. Great! Only problem is the 'Skins already got their L from the Saints. Philly too. Now, if by some miracle we can beat New Orleans, I'll be very happy to eat crow. But then you realize that a deep playoff run cannot happen w/o going through New Orleans. I'm happy today fellas, but like y'all my expectations are tempered.

Clock control period. Run effective, keep their offense off the field. Remember when we gave the Colts their only loss a bunch of years back? It's same game plan. We can do, but chances are low.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Only chance at all is to somehow get Brees out of the game before he has time to get up two scores. I’m not advocating anything, just giving the only logical answer I can come up with.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
If Garrett/Linehan can devise a gameplan to win that game I will certainly lighten up on them, that would mean I misjudged them, but I don't think I have.

stiletto

Reaction score
The Saints are all world. They might not lose another game and that is including the Super Bowl. It will take proper coaching to beat them and we certainly aren't in that area of happiness...

fansince68

Reaction score

We had 2 drives against the Falcons of 71/2 min. If we can just add some decent passes of 15-20 yards and keep the ball away from that dynamic offense of the saints, we might catch a break. It a shame, Dak does not have a bread and butter pass play that he can lean on. Every time we have 3rd and 8 or more, I get indigestion. Dak just cant throw. We all know how this will end. We just dont know when.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Awuzie and Brown better get it together very quickly if we want a chance against Brees.

#24 is becoming as big of a target as RW31 used to be.

And yet, he's still getting Lewis's snaps

I'd rather see Awuzie running jet sweeps and JL covering receivers

robjay04

Reaction score
Much like we beat the Falcons today.

This Falcons team lost 43-37 at home against the Saints earlier in the year...we just held them to 19 points.

Saints are a better team now for sure, we just got to hope they’re peaking now and this isn’t our peak.

roughneck266

Reaction score
Throat punch Brees at the coin toss.
Gonna be a very difficult task to stop them. Alot can happen between now and then though.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Honestly, might as well tank this game. Use it as a bye week to rest. Let's say things go your way and you make the playoffs and advance. You're gonna have to play them in the divisional round anyway so no point in devoting your efforts to beating them in the regular season

fansince68

Reaction score
Shouldn't try to get into a shootout with them. Slow the game down to grind, keep that offense on the side line. I have often said, I have never see a QB throw a TD pass off the bench, and as good as Brees is that holds true for him as well.
You wont have to worry about a shoot out with Dak as qb. It aint gonna happen.

morat1959

Reaction score

Anything can happen but the Aints would have to lay a complete egg. The boy’s aren’t making a deep playoff run. It’s been said one million times in this board but we don’t have the coaching or QB play to go anywhere in the playoffs IF we get in. We’re playing in another typical Clapper/JJ mediocore season. It is what it is.just accept that at the beginning of the season and it’s alot easier being a Cowboys fan. No changes with this team until a complete overhaul of the coaching staff takes place. I’m a MS boy so I’m pulling for Dak but he has the same problems in his game that he did at MS State. I don’t know if a legit QB coach can fix em but our current coaching staff has done nothing with him.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I actually think we match up pretty well w/ them. Problem is we won't man up...and stick w/ it. I'd put B. Jones on Thomas all night long...and follow him wherever he goes. But we won't do that. We will just sit back in a zone...and let Brees pick us apart. a death by a 1000 cuts.:banghead:

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
They have a good oline. But pressure up the middle would help. David Irving's presence (height) would help too.