How Can These Guys Fail a Drug Test?

Haimerej

Reaction score
Plenty of research says otherwise, and I personally know two doctors (neighbors) that have told me that emotional maturity and brain development stops with heavy marijuana usage.

Weren't we talking about addiction?

That explains your 40-year-old buddy who still acts like he did when you were both 19.

Don't think this was meant for me. Certainly doesn't apply. Did you want me to forward this to the person you were talking to?

Haimerej

Reaction score
I agree with that. I know people that smoked a long time and decided to quit and they said it messed with there sleep patterns and appitite for a week. After that it was nothing but mental reminders, like if they used to get high and do something like play video games then every time they went to play one they would miss it. Lol. Some said they could actually almost smell it in the air.

Yep. That's more like breaking a habit than an actual addiction.

glimmerman

Reaction score
When a doctor gives it to you, it's called "medicine".
When you give it to yourself, it's called "drug abuse".
They're both called "freedom".
Lol. Live your best life. As long as you ain’t hurting nobody and can support yourself then go for it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Really people complain about the NFL yet they know when drug test will take place which is during organized team activities May or June. So for the most part these guys can get high from June, 9 to 10 months without any test being performed and yet we still see guys failing it. I tend to agree this is not as much of a strict drug testing program as it is an intelligence test.

People complain about the hypocrisy involved. Marijuana is banned but they sell alcohol at games which has resulted in vehicular deaths as well as fans fighting and killing each other during and after games. How many deaths have been the result of weed?

Haimerej

Reaction score
People complain about the hypocrisy involved. Marijuana is banned but they sell alcohol at games which has resulted in vehicular deaths as well as fans fighting and killing each other during and after games. How many deaths have been the result of weed?

Zero. Let's add a timeframe- ever.

glimmerman

Reaction score
You just wait. Believe me they are building stats. Someone will get into a wreck and kill someone and they will have weed in there system. Blame it on weed. You can blame anything you want.

The bottom line is simple. No one made them drink and drive, they chose to. No one made them do anything. It’s excuses and ways to push blame off of themselves for doing what they want to but shouldn’t. We all have our weaknesses.

I do have a question for anyone that knows. If weed is legal in your state can you smoke at the stadiums or at the games....

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You just wait. Believe me they are building stats. Someone will get into a wreck and kill someone and they will have weed in there system. Blame it on weed. You can blame anything you want.

The bottom line is simple. No one made them drink and drive, they chose to. No one made them do anything. It’s excuses and ways to push blame off of themselves for doing what they want to but shouldn’t. We all have our weaknesses.

I do have a question for anyone that knows. If weed is legal in your state can you smoke at the stadiums or at the games....

I don't live in Colorado, but I have work reasons to be there a lot. I believe that while recreational pot is legal in Colorado, public use is not. You have to remember that even though some states have legalized recreational pot, it still isn't legal on the federal level.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
THC comes with many delivery systems. But if he wants a shot and a beer then give it to him.
He’s never been a drinker. Marijuana has been his choice. But yeah, whatever he wants. Cancer sucks, especially his kind. We live in Texas so he has to break the law to get his relief. I do as wel as I help him out. It’s ridiculous. His Onocologist told him to get marijuana however he could to help keep some weight on. They know. It’s just the idiot politicians that don’t.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Not trying to rate which one is worse by any means. I have friends and family members who were and are alcoholics so I have seen it 1st hand. I also know not everyone who has a drink is an alcoholic or will become an alcoholic, not everyone who smokes a cigarette will become addicted same with pain medication. I had back surgery and required pain medication afterwards once it was tolerable I got off the pain meds. Weed can be addictive for some people just as any other substance can be addictive.
Marijuana addictive abilities are not even close to other substances. It can be mentally addictive but it’s a very small percentage of those who use it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He’s never been a drinker. Marijuana has been his choice. But yeah, whatever he wants. Cancer sucks, especially his kind. We live in Texas so he has to break the law to get his relief. I do as wel as I help him out. It’s ridiculous. His Onocologist told him to get marijuana however he could to help keep some weight on. They know. It’s just the idiot politicians that don’t.
They are big on guns and steak but not weed. Yet. I figured with all the older people that live in Florida that it would never even be allowed for medical. Now apparently the weed cards are flowing. They are already putting in for recreational use. Won’t be long and all states will be allowing it. It just don’t help the people that need it right now in these states...

TheStarInFLA

Reaction score
Non addictive? BS Guys will throw their careers away over it see Irving. See guys who fail over and over. As for Alcohol players have gotten in trouble and suspended due to alcohol abuse, they can be suspended for prescription drugs as well if found abusing them.
Well it’s not heroin BUT Something is up when you can’t stop for only TWO MONTHS and millions of millions of dollars, the love of your family and in many cases the hope of the poverty ridden community you left behind are at stake. Worse you can’t stop after getting caught?! Ridiculous.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
See now you want to condemn gregory for breaking the rules but you dont want to go after the other 80% that are using weed? Lets just do one little hair sample and suspend them all.

Yall seem to have your own opinions and i respect them but 80% of the players are not in compliance. Lol

But most of them are when the drug tests are given. That's mostly what fans are ragging on Gregory for, and now because of his stupidity he is subject to random tests. I doubt many really care that he uses pot, they just care that he can't stay eligible to play.

paladin

Reaction score
How many deaths have been the result of weed?
Meh
Smoking it... none
Driving while under the influence.... probably tons,
I know it slowed my reactions and led to (very silly) distractions.
"red hot embers have popped out & are in between my legs & burning!"
"I know there's gotta be some Funyun's on the backseat floor"

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
They are big on guns and steak but not weed. Yet. I figured with all the older people that live in Florida that it would never even be allowed for medical. Now apparently the weed cards are flowing. They are already putting in for recreational use. Won’t be long and all states will be allowing it. It just don’t help the people that need it right now in these states...
Not in Texas. It will be the last state I’m afraid.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Meh
Smoking it... none
Driving while under the influence.... probably tons,
I know it slowed my reactions and led to (very silly) distractions.
"red hot embers have popped out & are in between my legs & burning!
"I know there's gotta be some Funyun's on the backseat floor"
I don’t know if there’s any statistics out there about smoking weed and driving. I’m sure there are some accidents to blame. You listed a good one. But I don’t think there’s tons and not anywhere close to driving while drunk. JMHO.

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
Non addictive? BS Guys will throw their careers away over it see Irving.

People keep taking about Irving "throwing away" his career and I really can't understand it. The man himself told you that he doesn't like football, never wanted to play football, and is happy to walk away.

How is that throwing away a career? He very specifically said he doesn't like the job and is quitting. Seems pretty cut and dry to me. What, he was making money and talented so him quitting is wrong?

People who are rich and successful can quit, retire, and do nothing for the rest of their lives if they want. One of the benefits of being successful in capitalism.

Last edited: