How can we blame Dak?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak’s not playing well. Period.

In 2006, everyone had an excuse for Drew Bledsoe. The OL was no good. We couldn’t run the ball. The D was subpar.

Then we replaced Bledsoe with Romo and all of those “weaknesses” magically disappeared.

Dak's not playing well, but there's no Terry Glenn, Jason Witten, or Terrell Owens on the 2018 roster.

Those weaknesses may need more than just another QB to "magically" disappear.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1. The David Irving circus

2. The idiotic playcalling with Scott L

3. The abysmal management by Red Garrett

4. The awful talent at wide receiver

5. The awful talent at TE

6. The awful play by the oline

7. The awful decision to have Moore as QB coach

1. irving situation has nothing to do with Daks inability to pass a football.
2. as bad as playcalling has been at times, there are still clearly plays that can be made by an average qb that dak is not making.
3. garrett managing the clock or whatever has little to do with daks poor performance.
4. wide recievers arent great but they are getting open. so maybe they arent staying open for ungodly amounts of time it takes dak to pass them the ball accurately.
5. TE have regressed, thats why Jason is a HOF guy and these guys are not anywhere near his level.
6. The OL looks worse than they are. They shouldn't have to be the #1 OL for any QB to succeed. They are good enough to allow Dak a 3 second pass, which is .4 seconds longer than he should need.
7. How do you know moore is doing a bad job? Dak is exactly what he was coming out of college, he may never be more without the dominant OL, HOF TE or probowl wr threat he had in 2016.

zerofill

Reaction score
1. irving situation has nothing to do with Daks inability to pass a football.
2. as bad as playcalling has been at times, there are still clearly plays that can be made by an average qb that dak is not making.
3. garrett managing the clock or whatever has little to do with daks poor performance.
4. wide recievers arent great but they are getting open. so maybe they arent staying open for ungodly amounts of time it takes dak to pass them the ball accurately.
5. TE have regressed, thats why Jason is a HOF guy and these guys are not anywhere near his level.
6. The OL looks worse than they are. They shouldn't have to be the #1 OL for any QB to succeed. They are good enough to allow Dak a 3 second pass, which is .4 seconds longer than he should need.
7. How do you know moore is doing a bad job? Dak is exactly what he was coming out of college, he may never be more without the dominant OL, HOF TE or probowl wr threat he had in 2016.

And that sums up pretty much what we have all been saying for a very long time in the 6000 Dak threads. But... there will be a new, not Dak's fault thread in less then 2 hours probably lol.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Well he's the QB and next to JG the one who's going to get most of the blame. It is what it is. Plenty of blame to go around but he has regressed. I sort of feel sorry for him but what can you do. I don't think he's ever going to be successful here.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. The David Irving circus

2. The idiotic playcalling with Scott L

3. The abysmal management by Red Garrett

4. The awful talent at wide receiver

5. The awful talent at TE

6. The awful play by the oline

7. The awful decision to have Moore as QB coach

Let me reiterate this point. i believe Dak does share some blame here. However, my eyes have seen Dak play well when he has the weapons and the schematics to help him. I think eventually Jerry is going to have to choose what's more important

A. Jason Garrett and his tenure with the Dallas Cowboys.

B. The Development of Dak Prescott

Jason Garrett since his time in Dallas has developed a grand total of 0 QB behind Romo hence why we had to rely on old talent like Kitna, Orton, Sanchez, etc. It was Garrett's job to develop Prescott and enhance his skillset from the 16 season. He did not do that. That in itself is indicative of why Garrett should be fired. I want to see Prescott succeed. I believe we all do. I am not opposed to giving Prescott a fair shot at keeping this job because I want to see him behind a competent playcaller/head coach/talent around him.

there are fair criticisms of Garrett, but failing to develop a QB out of undrafted free agents like Dustin Vaughan and a mid round project like Stephen McGee isn't one of them. how many other teams are doing this? It's rare. Tony Romo and Tom Brady are rare exceptions, not the rule. There is a reason far and away most quality NFL QBs are 1st round picks.

Ultimately. there is no need for all the fluff, real or imagined, to justify canning Garrett. He hasn't won enough or been to the playoffs enough, and that's the reason to move on.

wssaustin

Reaction score
This is a ridiculous post, even Spag couldn't come up with something like this. Oh btw, on #7, Dak has chosen Moore as his QB coach, and how you know Moore is doing a bad job?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Dak's not playing well, but there's no Terry Glenn, Jason Witten, or Terrell Owens on the 2018 roster.

Those weaknesses may need more than just another QB to "magically" disappear.
The key word is may. Maybe if the new qb is more accurate he can get the best out of these receivers instead of every pass catcher the last two years mysteriously stinking worse than ever before. I'm not saying the receivers are the best but a more accurate more aware qb I think makes them look better.