How can we blame Dak?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
It's almost as if he either didn't play QB all of his life, or played with Coaches who did not teach anticipation. Know who you're drafting.

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak had a better year then Ryan or Newton last year and Ryan has Julio. Thanks for proving my point. Hook, line and sinker

Anyone familiar with Cam Newtons body of work will tell you that he is and will always be miles ahead of Dak Prescott

Cam came into this league from day 1 slinging that rock and can use his legs to make plays

Cam is a legitimate Baller in this league

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Cam and Ryan have been to the Superbowl and both failed. Romo couldn't get out the divisional round but let me guess you rather have Ryan or Newton. Superbowl is a team accomplishment
Romo over Dak any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak throws with accuracy, he just doesn't throw on time. When you throw it late, everyone has a chance to recover. He's scared to pull the trigger, and that's going to make him a backup QB in this league.

And I’m on record as saying Dak would be a great backup in this league

TwentyOne

Reaction score
1. The David Irving circus

2. The idiotic playcalling with Scott L

3. The abysmal management by Red Garrett

4. The awful talent at wide receiver

5. The awful talent at TE

6. The awful play by the oline

7. The awful decision to have Moore as QB coach

Let me reiterate this point. i believe Dak does share some blame here. However, my eyes have seen Dak play well when he has the weapons and the schematics to help him. I think eventually Jerry is going to have to choose what's more important

A. Jason Garrett and his tenure with the Dallas Cowboys.

B. The Development of Dak Prescott

Jason Garrett since his time in Dallas has developed a grand total of 0 QB behind Romo hence why we had to rely on old talent like Kitna, Orton, Sanchez, etc. It was Garrett's job to develop Prescott and enhance his skillset from the 16 season. He did not do that. That in itself is indicative of why Garrett should be fired. I want to see Prescott succeed. I believe we all do. I am not opposed to giving Prescott a fair shot at keeping this job because I want to see him behind a competent playcaller/head coach/talent around him.

This team is a QB away from being a contender.

Thats why we can blame him.

I know he is still in his third year. Coachings bad. Playcalling is bad. Whatever. Give me a good QB and let me watch our championship party.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Cam Newtons body of work will tell you that he is and will always be miles ahead of Dak Prescott

Cam came into this league from day 1 slinging that rock and can use his legs to make plays

Cam is a legitimate Baller in this league
So Dak is more of a baller cause he was better than Cam last season. Not only that Cam was the number 1 overall pick.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Dak had the sme issues in 2016. the bad mechanics was there. the inaccuracies were there. however he was new, zeke was new and there wasn't a lot of film on him. he surprised many and I don't deny, the team had confidence and rallied and came from behind in a few games. then teams had film, studied over off season and realized, its not Dak, its Zeke, so they changed defensive schemes to stop zeke. and force Dak to beat them, it because really evident when zeke was out and Dak just got fully exposed. He is in his third year and he has one of the most flawed throwing motions ever. when he does set his feet and go through the proper motion, he does succeed, but those are far and few in between and seemingly not engrained in him. you figure an NFL QB in his third year would at least have his throwing mechanics in place..... that's the most critical aspect of his game. you can't thrown accurately and properly, doesn't matter if you can run, or read defense and avoid the rush.
Ok, I'll take your opinion on my post, but then again THESE COACHES should also know those same things. And if so WHY are Garrett and vanilla queen NOT working hard, bringing in that QB coach to help correct his throwing motion? See you can't simply say it's all Dak has been exposed, because if the 31 other teams know it, then this team damn well should also. And if they do and are using a QB coach the likes of Moore, then that right there should tell you, Houston we have a problem. And it's not JUST this kid Dak who is at fault here.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ok, I'll take your opinion on my post, but then again THESE COACHES should also know those same things. And if so WHY are Garrett and vanilla queen NOT working hard, bringing in that QB coach to help correct his throwing motion? See you can't simply say it's all Dak has been exposed, because if the 31 other teams know it, then this team damn well should also. And if they do and are using a QB coach the likes of Moore, then that right there should tell you, Houston we have a problem. And it's not JUST this kid Dak who is at fault here.
some of that is on Dak and Garrett has probably been working on it with him. you can't beat it into him. and come game time, he seems to revert back. some of it is also that he is not reading defenses, is not going through his progressions and puts himself in awkward situations. you can study and talk about that in film room, but practice is different than game time.

also, players like Tom brady after almost 20 years goes to a throwing coach every off season. Bilicheck doesn't tell him to do that. he does it on his own. Brees, does the same thing.

and trust me, we knew. we just didn't care, because coach Jerry Jones....err....GM Jerry Jones loved the jersey sales...cha ching....

and Dak maybe a KId, or this or that...doesn't matter. he doesn't look good throwing the ball. his mechanics are bad. I don't feel bad for Dak. I want a QB to be able to do those things. if he can't correct it...next guy up. I am not emotionally invested like some. Dak, Zak, Paul, Jim , Tom....doesn't matter as long as they are able to do the job.