How can we blame Dak?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
To answer the post title:

Simple. You can watch the plethora of videos that are out there.

The All-22. It will show you exactly what he is seeing and what he is not reacting to.

Or, you can sit there and just suck vicariously off of memories from 2016 when you bought your first Prescott jersey and gobbled up the magic of a miracle season.

Your choice. Educate yourself or just remain ignorant.

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak's not playing well, but there's no Terry Glenn, Jason Witten, or Terrell Owens on the 2018 roster.

Those weaknesses may need more than just another QB to "magically" disappear.
Dak has a much better RB and a better OL than the 2006 Cowboys did.

No, our roster isn’t perfect. But how many times did Romo make an average WR look good? Guys like Laurent Robinson, Jesse Holley, Kevin Ogletree, Dwayne Harris, Sam Hurd... Miles Austin became a STAR after T.O. was cut thanks to Romo.

I also recall people (myself included) believing that cutting Dez Bryant would HELP Dak this year, since Dak wouldn’t feel the need to force a #1 WR the ball. Dak was terrible throwing to Dez in 2017.

My opinion: it’s usually the QB who makes the WR look good and not the other way around.

I’m rooting for Dak but he hasn’t played well... so we’re doing what we did in 2006: blaming everyone else until a better QB shows up.

Legend

Reaction score
Dak has a much better RB and a better OL than the 2006 Cowboys did.

No, our roster isn’t perfect. But how many times did Romo make an average WR look good? Guys like Laurent Robinson, Jesse Holley, Kevin Ogletree, Dwayne Harris, Sam Hurd... Miles Austin became a STAR after T.O. was cut thanks to Romo.

I also recall people (myself included) believing that cutting Dez Bryant would HELP Dak this year, since Dak wouldn’t feel the need to force a #1 WR the ball. Dak was terrible throwing to Dez in 2017.

My opinion: it’s usually the QB who makes the WR look good and not the other way around.

I’m rooting for Dak but he hasn’t played well... so we’re doing what we did in 2006: blaming everyone else until a better QB shows up.

The 2006 roster had:

Thunder and Lightening: Marion Barber and Julio Jones who collectively rushed for over 1,700 yards

T.O. and Terry Glenn: both of them had over 1,000 receiving yards. Patrick Crayton had 516 receiving yards

Jason Witten had 754 receiving yards

TO, Glenn, Witten, and Crayton > Hurns, Austin, Beasley, Thompson, and Gallup

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
more like Dak is making everybody on the team worse. Wide receivers, tight ends, coaches. The guy is backup that the coaches are trying to for into playing like a starter. oh yeah it's romo's fault.. got that out there before you could. but romo..but romo... but dak just sucks.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The 2006 roster had:

Thunder and Lightening: Marion Barber and Julio Jones who collectively rushed for over 1,700 yards

T.O. and Terry Glenn: both of them had over 1,000 receiving yards. Patrick Crayton had 516 receiving yards

Jason Witten had 754 receiving yards

TO, Glenn, Witten, and Crayton > Hurns, Austin, Beasley, Thompson, and Gallup

TO, Glenn, and Witten were the best starting receiver combination we've had, for decades. It's really a shame it came in Tony's first year starting.

Glenn's knee going out again after coming back early in training camp was the untold disaster of the Romo years. A healthy Glenn would have changed everything.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Wow, some people will defend someone to the end, coming up with excuse endlessly. You think that even if all of those were true, if Dak isn't part of the problem, that you would see him complete some nice passes? I still have some hope for Dak, but he still has to show me more than he has been to prove that he is the right choice for Franchise QB.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. The David Irving circus

2. The idiotic playcalling with Scott L

3. The abysmal management by Red Garrett

4. The awful talent at wide receiver

5. The awful talent at TE

6. The awful play by the oline

7. The awful decision to have Moore as QB coach

Let me reiterate this point. i believe Dak does share some blame here. However, my eyes have seen Dak play well when he has the weapons and the schematics to help him. I think eventually Jerry is going to have to choose what's more important

A. Jason Garrett and his tenure with the Dallas Cowboys.

B. The Development of Dak Prescott

Jason Garrett since his time in Dallas has developed a grand total of 0 QB behind Romo hence why we had to rely on old talent like Kitna, Orton, Sanchez, etc. It was Garrett's job to develop Prescott and enhance his skillset from the 16 season. He did not do that. That in itself is indicative of why Garrett should be fired. I want to see Prescott succeed. I believe we all do. I am not opposed to giving Prescott a fair shot at keeping this job because I want to see him behind a competent playcaller/head coach/talent around him.

LOL....Man go have a Snickers...LOL.....

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some ignorant fans just have an agenda. It’s easy for them to hate on the QB and not realize this offensive mess is caused by multiple people both players and coaches.

The Agenda Hate show is here..again....man you are right we have an agenda to see our Cowboys play some good offense and have Dak stop laying eggs out there.....yes guilty as charged!!!

Them

Reaction score
...I'm still gonna let this season unfold for Dak...His 3rd season should have been his best. The FO is once again letting talent get old while they don't know what to freaking do about it...Alas!...SMH:facepalm:

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Dak’s not playing well. Period.

In 2006, everyone had an excuse for Drew Bledsoe. The OL was no good. We couldn’t run the ball. The D was subpar.

Then we replaced Bledsoe with Romo and all of those “weaknesses” magically disappeared.

I didn’t have an excuse. I wanted Romo so bad. We needed change. Unfortunately. We don’t have anyone better than Dak.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
I've been saying for a while now that JG and Linehan should be fired and new coaches should have a crack at Dak before we give up on him too.

it's like this. If you asked me to captain a giant battleship, hell yes it would be the worst ship in the fleet because I don't know anything about boats. It would be stupid to fire the whole crew and dismantle the boat because I made it look bad.

I believe in isolating your variables, solving one at a time. Start with the HC and OC. If a quality coach came in and said no on Dak, then ok, so be it, let's see what that coach's plan is.

Me personally, I'm leaving the call on Dak up to the next head coach.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been saying for a while now that JG and Linehan should be fired and new coaches should have a crack at Dak before we give up on him too.

it's like this. If you asked me to captain a giant battleship, hell yes it would be the worst ship in the fleet because I don't know anything about boats. It would be stupid to fire the whole crew and dismantle the boat because I made it look bad.

I believe in isolating your variables, solving one at a time. Start with the HC and OC. If a quality coach came in and said no on Dak, then ok, so be it, let's see what that coach's plan is.

Me personally, I'm leaving the call on Dak up to the next head coach.

LOL....omg pathetic...sorry but I really can't find any other words to describe your support for the MOST inept QB in the NFL....

pansophy

Reaction score
Dak’s not playing well. Period.

In 2006, everyone had an excuse for Drew Bledsoe. The OL was no good. We couldn’t run the ball. The D was subpar.

Then we replaced Bledsoe with Romo and all of those “weaknesses” magically disappeared.
Come on. I heard the Cowboys' chefs undercooked the spaghetti before all the last 14 games. How can you expect Dak to throw an accurate ball with bad spaghetti in his belly. Get him a new cook and then I bet all these so called bad throws start being on target.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Holy ****, mods, can anything with "Dak" in the title just immediately go to the drama zone now? None of this is new.

No ****! We keep rehashing the same Dak BS over and over again.

I'll gladly go to the drama zone and duke it out with anyone but it seems to me the fan zone has turned into the drama zone 2.0

Last edited:

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
There's plenty of blame to go around

I don't see Dak as someone with the mechanics or vision to be a franchise qb

I don't see Garrett as a great coach or motivator of men.

I don't think the FO is great at assembling talent

I think the scouting department is kinda shady too

I think we coddle too many players

I think the FO and fans overvalue our players.