How can we blame Dak?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
QB Coach??…..Is that what Kellen Moore is expected to be doing? Problem right there.
I don't buy for a second that any poster here has any idea what the bearing of the QB coach is doing. Lol

Dak not playing well has nothing to do with Kellen Moore. He either has it or he doesn't.

Can you even name Aaron Rodgers QB coach without Google? (As an example)

Ken

Reaction score
I can't stand excuses. It's like people making excuses for Dez for dropping balls he should catch.

Dak missing wide open receivers has nothing to do with those receivers being JAGs. That's all on Dak.

Multiple things can occur at the same time...the receivers can suck and the QB can suck. It doesn't have to be one or the other, it can be both.

Right now, Dak sucks. Sure, not everything his his fault, but he needs to improve regardless of the other circumstances. If nothing else changes, his play alone still needs to improve.
i don't disagree. every qb misses throws though. Every qb has drops.

Where are the easy yards that all of the rest get? 2 plays so far that zeke took to the house. Where are the rest? Who breaksa tackle to get a first down?

Who catches a high ball to make a play gor the qb and take pressure off?

It doesn't happen...that is why weapons and scheme matter.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I venture to say of you take Ertz, Jeffrey and the Kelcey away from Wentz and replace them with JAGS....his performance and numbers would also suffer.

Just a stab in the dark though...

Swap wents with Dak and watch the difference

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Denial is bad.Yes it filters out the negative but it can block the changes needed to go in a positive direction.

silvrNblue

Reaction score

I have watched these more then once....someone, anyone please tell me what has changed? Why is this kid who threw rockets on target, now seemingly cant hit a bull in the a** with a bass fiddle right in front of him? I swear, this all goes way deeper then Dak is a bum and can't throw with accuracy. I see the same Dak, then as now and there is something terribly wrong with this system.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
on dallas? it would look very similar. Ditto if you put dak on philly.

yes. Put Wentz in this exact offense, our players, our coaches, his ability and we would look much better.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score

How about that block from our everydown te? Dak got Crushed on that play because the te got thrown around like a sack of potatoes.

Swaim was probably tired from playing every snap!!! Lol.

That's what Stands out most to me. The block that got Dak Crushed

There's multiple problems with this offense but alot ** it stems from the lack of performance from the te position. They are the constant in our Vanilla passing scheme

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I have watched these more then once....someone, anyone please tell me what has changed? Why is this kid who threw rockets on target, now seemingly cant hit a bull in the a** with a bass fiddle right in front of him? I swear, this all goes way deeper then Dak is a bum and can't throw with accuracy. I see the same Dak, then as now and there is something terribly wrong with this system.

Here's my answer to your question:

1.) Protection. A quarterback is more likely to complete passes without pressure than he is with pressure. Dak benefited from better pass protection his rookie season than his 2nd and 3rd year.

2.) Scheme. It takes a team a good year to get tape on a player. Teams evaluate those teams in the off season to determine a quarterback's tendencies and then structures game plans to attack a quarterback's weakness. Teams didn't have enough time to evaluate tape on Dak because - obviously - they can't really focus on one player or one team when they have to prepare for other teams week by week. But in the off season, coaches have more time to look at schedules, look at their opponents and devise strategies to exploit their weaknesses. So let's take Dak for example. Teams now had 16 games on film on Dak. They can analyze his foot work. They can see what routes he likes. They can see every component of his throwing motion, how he moves in the pocket, etc. Now, they have a better grasp on what he likes and doesn't like, what he can or can't do. They KNOW Dak doesn't like to throw interceptions. So, if a receiver isn't clearly open, he's likely not going to throw it. So they design packages to put pressure on him early and then cover his short, relatively slow receivers to not give him an option. He will hesitate and either get sacked or run.

3.) Confidence. A quarterback simply can't play the game of football scared to make an interception. This is admirable, but it also can be a liability. Dak is PETRIFIED to make a mistake. He doesn't trust his arm or trust that he can exploit a window. And because he doesn't, and because he may not be getting time to throw, he holds the ball. Yes, a quarterback should be considered about interceptions. But a quarterback cannot OBSESS about making interceptions. I think Dak is more troubled by this than other quarterbacks.

4.) Care-free. This relates to No. 3. I think Dak was looser his rookie season. He really had nothing to lose. If he failed, Romo would be back to save the day. If he succeeded, he'd be given the keys to the Cowboys kingdom. But as they say, it's harder to repeat as a Super Bowl winner than it is to win the first one, so too, Dak is finding that it's harder in Year 2 than it was in Year 1.

5.) Romo. I honestly believe that Romo's coaching helped Dak in his first year. I think Romo was always in his ear. And because Romo was, when it was time to come back, Romo didn't pull a Brett Favre or a Joe Montana - both of whom were very hostile towards Aaron Rodgers and Steve Young, respectively. They were less than help to their understudies. Romo wasn't like that, which is why he didn't really, openly fight for his position when he healed from his injury.

6.) Injuries. The offensive line isn't what it was Dak's rookie season. We don't have a receiving threat like Dez Byrant was in 2014. Our receivers are average. And if you're an average quarterback, you're subject to the talent around you.

Those are my takes.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
yes. Put Wentz in this exact offense, our players, our coaches, his ability and we would look much better.
I guess we can all have our own opinions with yours, I agree to disagree. Tom friggn Brady couldn't do much better with the list of clown coaches and daffy duck scheming this team pulls week in and week out. I don't believe its ALL Dak, or ALL WR's or ALL oline... this whole bucket of uselessness falls at the feet of the coaching staff, FO and Jerrah Jones.

Cmac

Reaction score
I don't buy for a second that any poster here has any idea what the bearing of the QB coach is doing. Lol

Dak not playing well has nothing to do with Kellen Moore. He either has it or he doesn't.

Can you even name Aaron Rodgers QB coach without Google? (As an example)
Then I'm compelled to ask.....what is Kellen Moore doing?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
1. The David Irving circus

2. The idiotic playcalling with Scott L

3. The abysmal management by Red Garrett

4. The awful talent at wide receiver

5. The awful talent at TE

6. The awful play by the oline

7. The awful decision to have Moore as QB coach

Let me reiterate this point. i believe Dak does share some blame here. However, my eyes have seen Dak play well when he has the weapons and the schematics to help him. I think eventually Jerry is going to have to choose what's more important

A. Jason Garrett and his tenure with the Dallas Cowboys.

B. The Development of Dak Prescott

Jason Garrett since his time in Dallas has developed a grand total of 0 QB behind Romo hence why we had to rely on old talent like Kitna, Orton, Sanchez, etc. It was Garrett's job to develop Prescott and enhance his skillset from the 16 season. He did not do that. That in itself is indicative of why Garrett should be fired. I want to see Prescott succeed. I believe we all do. I am not opposed to giving Prescott a fair shot at keeping this job because I want to see him behind a competent playcaller/head coach/talent around him.

Yes...Let's blame Kellen Moore for inheriting this mess...:banghead:

Jesus Christ on a crutch....If it were up to him....He's be starting someone else. But it's not his call.:rolleyes:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I'm not blaming anybody. I just stated facts. But here is something else Romo don't know anything about...........an 11 game winning streak and only 4 picks in a season.

Perhaps people should read the entire conversation to get all the information so when they reply they don't look silly. I replied to the comment about Bledso got all these excuses why he couldn't win but when Romo became the starter is magically disappeared but yet Romo gets more excuses then almost any player.
Obviously 2016 was an outlier year with the added benefit of Romo giving him guidance. Since then he has been on a downward spiral.

I would love to see Dak turn things around, just don't see it. Mechanics, anticipation and inaccuracy are just too many things to turn around. If it was 1 of 3 or even 2 of 3, well maybe....Sorry 88, I really wish it was different.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Obviously 2016 was an outlier year with the added benefit of Romo giving him guidance. Since then he has been on a downward spiral.

I would love to see Dak turn things around, just don't see it. Mechanics, anticipation and inaccuracy are just too many things to turn around. If it was 1 of 3 or even 2 of 3, well maybe....Sorry 88, I really wish it was different.
Who would you rather have Matt Ryan, Cam Newton or Dak Prescott?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So the number one reason on this list of why Dak is struggling is the David Irving circus?

How exactly is a recently suspended DE that apparently doesn't pay his rent anymore causing Dak to air mail the ball 10 feet over the WR's heads?

Can somebody explain this correlation? Good grief the excuse making is starting to get hilarious now.:laugh:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Dak needs to be benched. How bad do you have to play before you are benched??? Its not like its been one bad game. Its been many.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Dak deserves a lot of blame.

BUT

So does everyone on the offense not named Elliott or Martin. Dak plays the most important position though and needs to be replaced if he doesn’t play out of his mind the rest of the season
Why does Martin get exempt on the line?