Reaction score
1. The David Irving circus

2. The idiotic playcalling with Scott L

3. The abysmal management by Red Garrett

4. The awful talent at wide receiver

5. The awful talent at TE

6. The awful play by the oline

7. The awful decision to have Moore as QB coach

Let me reiterate this point. i believe Dak does share some blame here. However, my eyes have seen Dak play well when he has the weapons and the schematics to help him. I think eventually Jerry is going to have to choose what's more important

A. Jason Garrett and his tenure with the Dallas Cowboys.

B. The Development of Dak Prescott

Jason Garrett since his time in Dallas has developed a grand total of 0 QB behind Romo hence why we had to rely on old talent like Kitna, Orton, Sanchez, etc. It was Garrett's job to develop Prescott and enhance his skillset from the 16 season. He did not do that. That in itself is indicative of why Garrett should be fired. I want to see Prescott succeed. I believe we all do. I am not opposed to giving Prescott a fair shot at keeping this job because I want to see him behind a competent playcaller/head coach/talent around him.

I think it’s fairly simple to blame dak if you have watch the games. Just watch the other teams qb when they throw a pass, then watch dak. Clearly a lack of talent for starters.

Then he takes too long to make a decision. Then his feet aren’t set when he finally does. Then he throws off his back foot. To the receiver that should have already caught the ball out of his break. Oh and He’s flat footed when he runs.

zeke21

Reaction score
OK, in the last few weeks we have had MULTIPLE WR's come out on Social Media and suggest they are "open" but not getting the ball.

Name one elite QB who has WR calling them out on Social Media?? When is the last time a Packers WR comes out saying.. oh I'm open but not getting targetted. When is the last time a NE WR called out Brady for uncatchable throws?

On that point.. when is the last time a WR went to a team like Packers or NE and got actively worse to the point where two years after signing a peak contract they are on the street and out of work?!!

I'll wait...

HungryLion

Reaction score
OK, in the last few weeks we have had MULTIPLE WR's come out on Social Media and suggest they are "open" but not getting the ball.

Name one elite QB who has WR calling them out on Social Media?? When is the last time a Packers WR comes out saying.. oh I'm open but not getting targetted. When is the last time a NE WR called out Brady for uncatchable throws?

On that point.. when is the last time a WR went to a team like Packers or NE and got actively worse to the point where two years after signing a peak contract they are on the street and out of work?!!

I'll wait...

You make some good points. The only thing I disagree with is receivers coming here and getting actively worse.

The receivers who came here haven’t gotten worse. They were either very mediocre (Hurns) or sucked (Deonte Thompson) to begin with.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd say most of us would agree that there's lots of blame to be shared on this team.

As the same token, Dak is still responsible for his part of it. It's a fact, not an insult.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I have watched these more then once....someone, anyone please tell me what has changed? Why is this kid who threw rockets on target, now seemingly cant hit a bull in the a** with a bass fiddle right in front of him? I swear, this all goes way deeper then Dak is a bum and can't throw with accuracy. I see the same Dak, then as now and there is something terribly wrong with this system.
Dak had the sme issues in 2016. the bad mechanics was there. the inaccuracies were there. however he was new, zeke was new and there wasn't a lot of film on him. he surprised many and I don't deny, the team had confidence and rallied and came from behind in a few games. then teams had film, studied over off season and realized, its not Dak, its Zeke, so they changed defensive schemes to stop zeke. and force Dak to beat them, it because really evident when zeke was out and Dak just got fully exposed. He is in his third year and he has one of the most flawed throwing motions ever. when he does set his feet and go through the proper motion, he does succeed, but those are far and few in between and seemingly not engrained in him. you figure an NFL QB in his third year would at least have his throwing mechanics in place..... that's the most critical aspect of his game. you can't thrown accurately and properly, doesn't matter if you can run, or read defense and avoid the rush.

Gaede

Reaction score
Dak’s not playing well. Period.

In 2006, everyone had an excuse for Drew Bledsoe. The OL was no good. We couldn’t run the ball. The D was subpar.

Then we replaced Bledsoe with Romo and all of those “weaknesses” magically disappeared.

It is the bottom line. I want him to be the franchise QB too. but it's OK to accept that he's not playing like one.

he's not making plays, missing easy ones, and making really bad decisions. He's showing poor fundamentals, inaccuracy, and little pocket presence, and this has been evident to all. The stats back it up. We don't need to over analyze. Poor play is poor play.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
If i've said it once, i will say it a thousand times :

Don't worry about Dak, Kellen Moore is coaching him .

yeez guys .

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Dak had a better year then Ryan or Newton last year and Ryan has Julio. Thanks for proving my point. Hook, line and sinker
Ryan is a Superbowl QB and Cam just outplayed Dak a few weeks ago.

CB61

Reaction score
1. The David Irving circus

2. The idiotic playcalling with Scott L

3. The abysmal management by Red Garrett

4. The awful talent at wide receiver

5. The awful talent at TE

6. The awful play by the oline

7. The awful decision to have Moore as QB coach

Let me reiterate this point. i believe Dak does share some blame here. However, my eyes have seen Dak play well when he has the weapons and the schematics to help him. I think eventually Jerry is going to have to choose what's more important

A. Jason Garrett and his tenure with the Dallas Cowboys.

B. The Development of Dak Prescott

Jason Garrett since his time in Dallas has developed a grand total of 0 QB behind Romo hence why we had to rely on old talent like Kitna, Orton, Sanchez, etc. It was Garrett's job to develop Prescott and enhance his skillset from the 16 season. He did not do that. That in itself is indicative of why Garrett should be fired. I want to see Prescott succeed. I believe we all do. I am not opposed to giving Prescott a fair shot at keeping this job because I want to see him behind a competent playcaller/head coach/talent around him.
I think you're right there's a lot of distractions I don't think you can blame Prescott for all of that but what I do know is a lot of the throws he's made have been freaking horrible, the dancing back there in the pocket before anyone gets to him and when he feels pressure he makes bad decisions? I don't know if that really has anything to do with the distractions but it seems like he's making some really bad decisions that are squarely in his hands and no one else is at the time

CB61

Reaction score
I think you're right there's a lot of distractions I don't think you can blame Prescott for all of that but what I do know is a lot of the throws he's made have been freaking horrible, the dancing back there in the pocket before anyone gets to him and when he feels pressure he makes bad decisions? I don't know if that really has anything to do with the distractions but it seems like he's making some really bad decisions that are squarely in his hands and no one else is at the time
There is a saying in life that you have to make your own breaks ???

CB61

Reaction score
And I definitely think Kellen Moore as his quarterback coach was a huge mistake how can you make someone that's not proven a quarterback coach ? , maybe there's something missing there that we don't all see but for the life of me I can't figure out what that would be

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Ryan is a Superbowl QB and Cam just outplayed Dak a few weeks ago.
Cam and Ryan have been to the Superbowl and both failed. Romo couldn't get out the divisional round but let me guess you rather have Ryan or Newton. Superbowl is a team accomplishment

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak does not deserve all the blame.............just most of it.

However, except for his inability to throw with accuracy or read defenses well and play with consistency, I think he’s a real nice guy.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Dak throws with accuracy, he just doesn't throw on time. When you throw it late, everyone has a chance to recover. He's scared to pull the trigger, and that's going to make him a backup QB in this league.