How close are you from walking away as a fan?

Big_D

Reaction score
We’re all frustrated but anyone who’s a true Cowboys fan isn’t frustrated enough to stop following the team. Part of being a fan is having loyalty and hope. A lot of teams fans are frustrated that’s part of being a sports fan. It may not get any better for the Cowboys with their next head coach. If you’ve lost all hope with the team then move on to something that doesn’t involve dealing with ups and downs.

Team management supplies the hope, if you still have any as of right now you’re only fooling yourself. Coaching matters but not enough to this front office. That’s THE problem. You’re still not tired of watching Garrett crap the bed and having Jerry’s dumazz use a long line of scapegoats to defend him? pointing the finger everywhere else but Garrett needs to come to an end. It’s a sickening situation at this point. This is strictly downs. There are no ups.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I won't walk away but as the years go by, the less I care. If this franchise doesn't care about winning, why should I? Plus as getting older, I now see sports for what it is. Entertainment business. It's no different than WWF. Both are there to entertain and that's it. I am so apathetic and indifferent these days. I wasn't even mad we got blown out the other day. Actually, we were all in there just laughing at how pathetic it was. That's all you can do at this point.

I also don't get why people think it is so blasphemous that people walk away as fans. You honestly think these teams care about us? They care about our money and that's it. As Seinfeld said, you are pretty much rooting for and being loyal to laundry. All the players come in and out to get paid. They have no ties. It's like rooting for Walmart, Target and the likes. Corporations.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Fan for life. Been a fan since I was 6 in 1964.

BUT...I haven’t spent a dime on this team in over 10 years. No jerseys, hats, tshirts, etc. I was gifted some tickets last year to a game so technically I spent some money on concessions. But I refuse to put any of my money in the pocket of this obstinately foolish owner. Until changes are made how this team is run, my wallet is closed.

Yup. In ten years, I've spent $5 on this team. It was when I found a blue away Tony Romo jersey for a steal of a deal at the Mormon thrift store in Idaho. I also have a white Staubach jersey that was gifted to me. I would like to have multiple Cowboys QB jerseys. I would add Meredith, Morton, White, Aikman, Kosar, and Prescott, but my wallet will remain closed until Jerry either sells this team or hires a GM and butts out. It's frustrating because this used to be the best-run franchise in the NFL, and now it's miles from that. It seemed like in 2014 and 2016 they were getting back on the right track, but they squandered the gains they made through better drafting. For Landry's reign, except the very beginning and the final years, this team was a major contender every single year. It's become a team that is "good enough" as in 8 and 8, which occasional winning seasons and short stints in the playoffs. That won't cut it for any classic Cowboys fan. I understand no team wins the Super Bowl every year, but this team is just poorly run in a way that kills our chances even when we pick up some good talent. I've honestly considered just getting myself a game system and then playing as the Cowboys once a week to see how I do. Then at least if I lose, I have no one to blame but myself.

Big_D

Reaction score
I won't walk away but as the years go by, the less I care. If this franchise doesn't care about winning, why should I? Plus as getting older, I now see sports for what it is. Entertainment business. It's no different than WWF. Both are there to entertain and that's it. I am so apathetic and indifferent these days. I wasn't even mad we got blown out the other day. Actually, we were all in there just laughing at how pathetic it was. That's all you can do at this point.

I also don't get why people think it is so blasphemous that people walk away as fans. You honestly think these teams care about us? They care about our money and that's it. As Seinfeld said, you are pretty much rooting for and being loyal to laundry. All the players come in and out to get paid. They have no ties. It's like rooting for Walmart, Target and the likes. Corporations.

Go Walmart!

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Football is a cycle of good years and bad years, that’s what parity is supposed to do. If you can’t handle that, then you were never really into the sport to begin with

This is dumb. So because someone finally decides they have had enough, they were never a fan? Riiiight. I swear, people say this type of junk to pat themselves on the back and put themselves above them. Newsflash, you don't get rewarded for being a super fan. Jerry is not going to let you get free stuff or a cut of the revenue. In fact, Jerry loves people like you because you will root and shell out money forever with no regards to thinking if its worth your time.

We are way beyond a cycle. 24 years is no longer a cycle. Jerry has ran this team into the ground starting in the 1996 season. If this was really a cycle, we would have had some really good seasons mixed in. We have a total of 4 measly wild card wins in over 2 decades.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’ve been through a lot of bad things as a fan of this team but enduring 10 years of Garrett has been the worst..

10 years..

How is it so obvious to someone like me what he is as a coach and for the decision makers who get paid make believe money it took them 10 years to see this?

Big_D

Reaction score

Fans are tired and Jerry created that all on his own. That's his legacy.

Big_D

Reaction score
I’ve been through a lot of bad things as a fan of this team but enduring 10 years of Garrett has been the worst..

10 years..

How is it so obvious to someone like me what he is as a coach and for the decision makers who get paid make believe money it took them 10 years to see this?

This 13 year Garrett situation has really been horrible.Truly unbelievable.. even for Jerry. It has to end this year.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This is dumb. So because someone finally decides they have had enough, they were never a fan? Riiiight. I swear, people say this type of junk to pat themselves on the back and put themselves above them. Newsflash, you don't get rewarded for being a super fan. Jerry is not going to let you get free stuff or a cut of the revenue. In fact, Jerry loves people like you because you will root and shell out money forever with no regards to thinking if its worth your time.

We are way beyond a cycle. 24 years is no longer a cycle. Jerry has ran this team into the ground starting in the 1996 season. If this was really a cycle, we would have had some really good seasons mixed in. We have a total of 4 measly wild card wins in over 2 decades.

Exactly. The goal is to build a champion. It's not to have occasional modest success. Am I thankful that the team has been able to have some winning seasons and to win the NFC East some times in the past 25 years? Sure. They've done better than the Browns, but the goal is to win a Super Bowl. I don't care about being called "America's Team." Some journalist made that up years ago. The amazing stadium is nice too, but I would rather play in a beat-up, run-down Cotton Bowl and win a championship than have a mediocre team with a great stadium and huge profits.

sillycon

Reaction score
What? Should I start becoming a bandwagon fan and root for the Patriots? This is silly. While I'm resigned to the fact that the Cowboys won't do anything significant this year, I will always root for the Cowboys even if it's been FOREVER since the triplet days...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Team management supplies the hope, if you still have any as of right now you’re only fooling yourself. Coaching matters but not enough to this front office. That’s THE problem. You’re still not tired of watching Garrett crap the bed and having Jerry’s dumazz use a long line of scapegoats to defend him? pointing the finger everywhere else but Garrett needs to come to an end. It’s a sickening situation at this point. This is strictly downs. There are no ups.

We’re all tired and frustrated of the same old crap but the question the OP asked is how close are you from walking away as a fan? Sounds like you’re on the brink.

cml750

Reaction score
I am a fan for life who has walked away. I have been boycotting the team for the last two years and will continue to do so as long as Garrett is on the sidelines. I still love the team but see no need to watch when I no there is zero chance the team will have any real success with an unqualified coach on the sidelines.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I was born in Dallas in 1961. As a tot, I was hauled to the Cotton Bowl by my father, a diehard fan who, if still alive, would ridicule any 'fan' who was contemplating walking away just because we aren't winning or playing a certain way. I thought about him a lot as I watched every game in 1989.

There are no shortage of teams to watch if one favors a certain style of play. IMO, fans of a team don't say, 'I'll support them when they start winning SB trophies again.' I'm sick of people being crybabies because they don't like the coach or the owner or the size of a contract. Also sick of the idiots calling ANY coach an idiot, as the coach on the lowest end of the totem pole knows more about football than either me or the spoiled brat doing the name calling. I've been using the block feature generously.

I'll watch next Thursday with an eye toward winning the division and making some noise in the playoffs. If we don't get there, I'll rinse and repeat next year.

Big_D

Reaction score
We’re all tired and frustrated of the same old crap but the question the OP asked is how close are you from walking away as a fan? Sounds like you’re on the brink.

I already said it. If Jerry tries to sell this same old crap in 2020 with a brand new contract. That's the time. Now with Garrett's deal expiring, it's a golden opportunity for the team to move forward. We'll see what Jerry does with that. It runs much deeper than being tired and frustrated. More like POed that the front office shows no sense of urgency at all. You seen all 5 Super Bowls you seen quality coaching. You really have to wonder what this experiment did to a team that could've actually won something? That should bother every single fan out there. Jerry sticking with this situation as long as he has absolutely killed this team. And the mess just continues to repeat itself.

Last edited: