How close are you from walking away as a fan?

cowboyed

Reaction score
I could walk away but it would take a lot for me to do so. A 6-6 record after a game decided on turnovers isn't going to do it.

But if all the people here saying they will quit at this point do so, I'd be happy they did.

Well stated, fan for life!

jsb357

Reaction score
Closer than i would like to be but in fairness it's not all Dallas' fault. The league has deteriorated as a whole because the game day fan experience is not what it used to be.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Not close at all. I might lose some interest as I have in the past, but I will continue to follow the Cowboys.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Or are you a fan for life, no matter what?

Fan for life. Period. It’s part of my identity and who I am. I lived through the Campo years, I’ll live through this. Nothing short of an Act if God will change that for me.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Walk away…lol. What a millennial concept.

You follow your team when they're as crappy as we are now, so that when we (hopefully) reach the mountain top, again, it's that much more rewarding.

You can't appreciate the light without the darkness.

Nut up, Nancy.
For me, It has nothing to with the team being crappy. Every franchise has ups and downs, and most adults understand that. There have been crappier NFL teams out there the last several years anyway.

The other sports teams I follow, though, at least try to win. Sure, not every move they make works out, but they at least make a good-faith effort. They have normal owners who stay out of the on-field business. Instead, they hire the best coaches and managers they can, and if those hires don't work out, they try to find new and better ones. Simple.

Totally different from Jerry hiring a pet project family buddy fraud of a coach for a decade -- a decade! -- just because it makes him comfortable.

Remember what Jerry once said about the Cowboys being like Notre Dame, that you don't really own them, you're just a custodian of the brand for the fans? Total lie. Jerry constantly pisses down the back of this fanbase and then tells them it's raining.

If not accepting that any longer makes me a "fake fan", so be it.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I used to live and breathe Dallas Cowboys football. I perused this site every single day of my life for over a decade. Losses used to ruin weeks. Then they ruined days. Now, they ruin minutes.

I still keep a tab opened for this site out of habit. I might take a peek once a day. I rarely bother to post. I just really don't care very much anymore. Living and dying by the Dallas Cowboys just isn't any fun anymore.

I've re-kindled my love affair with golf and my focus has gone 99% golf 1% Cowboys. I haven't scheduled a single round this season around a Cowboys football game (something that would be absolutely inconceivable a mere two years ago). I've missed parts or all of games to go out and play. And, honestly, my life is ten times more enjoyable because of it. If they win, whatever. If they lose, whatever.

I'll never stop being a fan of the Dallas Cowboys but I'll probably never schedule any aspect of my life around another one of their games or let their ineptitude ruin another day of my life. I, also, can't see myself spending another dime on this franchise even if they do win another championship. As far as I'm concerned, I've paid my collateral.

As far as as rooting for another team? Never. Little *****es do that. Fans don't.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Too much respect for the players to walk away

Jason Witten, Zack Martin, and Tyron Smith are all well respected franchise players that are going into the hall of fame. There's absolutely no way I could just dump them/walk away and not support them.

I love football so much that I really watch/follow any team so if the cowboys aren't doing great it's no biggie since there's plenty of other great football on. I'm not one of those people that only watches the home team. If it's a good matchup I will be just as excited

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In a previous thread, I shared that I spent most of my working career outside the US and most of that time was spent in developing countries. You can only imagine how thrilled I was to finally retire back in the states. Among the many, many things I looked forward to in retirement was watching football on Sundays.

I never thought I would see the day that I didn't enjoy a Sunday NFL double hitter. Sadly, the constant commercial interruptions, poor and inconsistent refereeing, etc, etc has really impacted my view of the game. To be fair, family obligations and, in particular, grandkids willingly and gladly take much more of my time. I can't recall the last time I devoted a Sunday afternoon to football.

I am a second generation Cowboys fan and expect I will go to my grave as such. However, for all the reasons that led to this thread, I just don't have my rabid, put-everything-on-hold, drive to watch the Cowboys. I watch the games when it is convenient for me to do so, but it is no longer a "do or die" situation.

Don't get me wrong, I eagerly follow this forum to keep up with, and comment on, Cowboys. I still proudly wear my Cowboy gear.

Let's just say, "yes, I am still a fan", but it just isn't the same as year's ago .

Sorry for the rant.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Never...there's no other team I could genuinely root for on Sundays like I do the Cowboys. They have provided some great memories through the years...I can still remember where I was for the biggest wins and the most heartbreaking losses.

That being said, we're one of three teams, along with the Commanders and Lions, that have not made the NFC championship game since 2000. The winning pedigree of the franchise no longer applies. We're constantly underachieving and it's getting tiresome.

stinkface

Reaction score
I'm an old dude. I remember 1 and 13. Thank god we beat the Commanders that year. I'm a fan for sure. That said, this team ain't near where it was. Coaching is as bad now as it was during the Campo years and that should never never happen with Jerry's resources.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I’ll never stop being a fan, but I don’t really care what happens the rest of this season. If Garrett were to be brought back next season (I see zero chance of it happening), then I would seriously consider just saying to hell with the NFL altogether.

Valkyr

Reaction score
The difference between us and other horribly run teams is that we have no avenue to get to championship level, because the fraud GM can't be fired. And the fraud GM has to be made to feel 'comfortable' because he knows he's a fool but needs a puppet coach to prop up his completely undeserved ego. And he's a drunk.

Almost any other team that stinks could conceivably clean house and hire competent management, except ours. Oh yeah, we also get to look forward to his cheap, no-talent son taking over when he croaks.