How close are you from walking away as a fan?

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
I will be a fan until the day i leave this earth!!! But i do have to admit,it is pretty sad and discouraging as a fan to not give a damn after a loss and shrug your shoulders as if you were expecting such an outcome!!

Big_D

Reaction score
If Jerry tried to sell the fans on Garrett again in 2020. My fancard would’ve been handed in.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I'm not going to walk away but I have about 25% of the enthusiasm I once had.

If Garrett gets extended I won't watch another game until he's gone. I don't know how much clearer it needs to be that he is not the guy.

Bills players were taunting our fans who showed up on Thanksgiving after a tough season and a tough weak. That is unacceptable. These soft players need a hard-nosed head coach to give them a reality check. Just being a Cowboy is not the same as winning the Super Bowl. I'm not sure who told them it was. The team I saw yesterday was a absolute embarrassment and I never want to see that performance on Thanksgiving ever again.

It's humiliating to be a Cowboys fan right now.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Or are you a fan for life, no matter what?
That's not a question I know how anyone could entertain if you call yourself a real Cowboys fan. I've stuck around as a Cowboys fan through much harder times than this. If you are seriously thinking about bailing on the Cowboys over a 6-6 record then you are just weak as a fan. The final years of Landry's tenure were the worst. Even the first year(1989) with Jimmy was hard to go through. Then there were the three consecutive 5-11 seasons. This season is nothing to get upset about. I don't understand fans that think that way. It must be nice to be okay with jumping from team to team, whoever is playing well at the moment. I can't do it.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
We’ve had good years? Since when? My definition of “good” is at least an NFC championship or multiple playoff wins and those have been few and far between.

then that is ridiculous. Accomplishing double digit wins in a league with 32 teams is something. Getting to the divisional round is something. Only 11 playoff games are won every year. To get one of those is something

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
That's not a question I know how anyone could entertain if you call yourself a real Cowboys fan. I've stuck around as a Cowboys fan through much harder times than this. If you are seriously thinking about bailing on the Cowboys over a 6-6 record then you are just weak as a fan. The final years of Landry's tenure were the worst.
Maybe for you. For me, it was hard watching Saint Tom deteriorate. But it happened. I was unsure what to expect since he was the coach for us my entire life, but I was not angry at the time. It just seemed like things were slipping away. I was young then so I got more mad at the players than I did at Landry. Then I grew up and realized that yes, there was some truth to the idea that the game was growing beyond where he could be effective. I also realized that things like talent acquisition matter. We had some terrible drafts after the Dirty Dozen. Stole Dorsett but after that, very bad.

Even the first year(1989) with Jimmy was hard to go through.

It was pretty clear once they traded Walker that it was full rebuild. Once the trade happened, I was fine. I didn't even care. I would take that season all over again if I had hope with the bounty of picks they got. That was mildly uncomfortable, but there was at least hope. They decided they had a plan to rebuild and they went forward. Being upset with 1989 is the epitome of spoiled child syndrome.

Then there were the three consecutive 5-11 seasons. This season is nothing to get upset about. I don't understand fans that think that way.

Three consecutive Campo years? Yeah. I experienced that too. And you know what that was almost more endurable. You knew we had a bad team. The personnel was unbelievably bad because we could not handle the salary cap.

This team is far more talented than what Campo ever experienced. There have been coaching miscues and arrogance drips off this team that frankly has no right to feel that way.

It must be nice to be okay with jumping from team to team, whoever is playing well at the moment. I can't do it.
I really don't get where you are going with this team-to-team thing. Who exactly is doing that?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It's very discouraging being a Cowboy fan anymore. Back in the Landry years and the 1990's I lived and breathed Cowboys. It's not the same for me anymore. All I do is complain mainly because there have been very little positive with this team this century. I'll probably always be a fan but Jerry has sucked the fun out of it for me. I just remember the good times and I had plenty. So very sorry for the younger fans that don't even have that.
Well said. Feel for the young fans.
They don't really know what the tradition is all about.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I know, rite???!? Lol!
The saddest fan is one that is more concerned about external forces than internal ones.

Those darn refs! That Goodell! Damn them all!

If your primary source of angst is the refereeing instead of a team imploding, well. All I can do is chuckle.