How close are you from walking away as a fan?

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I'll never walk from the team but I just can't watch this Bull crap anymore. I hate Jerry Jones and really the whole Jones family for what they have done to our once proud team. We went from one of the most feared teams in the NFL to the laughing stock of the NFL. Hate is to strong of a word here but yea...I wish Jones had NEVER bought the team.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
If Garrett gets extended I'll probably not put much effort into watching games but I'll still have the 'Boys in my blood to some degree. It's very unlikely he's back next year though.
The only way I get real interested next year is if there is a new blue chip coach hired. Meyer is my hope. If it's an obvious puppet I won't be suckered into the hope like I was this year.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I got a custom made authentic woodson jersey about ten years ago. Don't think they've gotten a penny from me since. I'll continue to watch games but it won't come out of my pocket.

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
Or are you a fan for life, no matter what?

Walking away with my dollars. I wont spend another dollar on this team until we have a real coach. Which will probably take jerrah dying.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
I won’t ever walk away. i love the team too much. i hope i see the cowboys atleast win ONE superbowl in my lifetime. i’m 31 and haven’t seen them win anything. i’m starting to worry if i ever will.... :(

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
then that is ridiculous. Accomplishing double digit wins in a league with 32 teams is something. Getting to the divisional round is something. Only 11 playoff games are won every year. To get one of those is something

In the past 20 years I’m pretty sure we have only won 3 playoff games and been 8 times. That doesn’t seem very “good”. For comparison the Eagles have been to the playoffs about 12 times and have 14 wins over the same period of time. The Giants have been 8 times and have 10 wins. Washington is t even that far behind they have been 5 times and have 2 wins and are widely regarded as being poorly managed and a pretty terrible team. I’ll be a fan for life, but I can admit that we have been pretty much middle of the pack or worse for a long time which is pretty frustrating.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
One amazing observation.........many that replied in this thread only post in these types of threads. Hmmmm

mardwin

Reaction score
You don't walk away but the excitement dilutes with the lack of winning. Now I know what it feels to be a Cubs fan....

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The saddest fan is one that is more concerned about external forces than internal ones.

Those darn refs! That Goodell! Damn them all!

If your primary source of angst is the refereeing instead of a team imploding, well. All I can do is chuckle.

Chuckle away. You can’t really be under the impression that your opinion on anything here is meaningful to me.

The poor state of the league overall is a much bigger issue than you being unhappy about the Cowboys being 6-6 right now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
These Internet forums must be full of fans who have abandoned their local or regional teams because they suked? That certainly would explain much. Lol

Acheman08

Reaction score
Wouldnt root for another team, but the last couple of years I have been slowly losing interest. Over 20 years of futility with no end in sight (give a round of applause for your next head coach...Kris Richard...oops I mean Kellen Moore) and its hard to muster interest. Ive turned off more games the past two seasons than I ever have in the previous 40 years of fandom combined.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Never switching NFL teams. Just like I’m stuck with the Rangers, Mavs and Stars (who are doing good...).

Nah, I just might take another long pause from watching them for awhile if things don’t turn around. This happened before, during the Gailey/Campo days. I was deploying non-stop and the Cowboys didn’t resemble anything I remembered so I took a break until Parcells showed up. We’ll see what happens.

If they get another retread coach, I’ll go ahead and save $300+ by canceling NFL game pass and strong VPN. That could buy another GLoomis rod that I can fish with.

Last edited:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Ask me this question if Garrett is extended. If so, I am instantly done.

I'm probably there with you but it's hard to imagine not being a Cowboys fan. It's been 40 plus years and a huge part of my life.

Do you think you just distance yourself from the NFL or could you imagine trying to pick a new team? Both ideas seem so foreign.

However, if Garrett is retained or we make some bland hiring (Fisher, Del Rio, Dan Campbell, McCartney) I am done spending money. No more Sunday Ticket and no annual road trip to a game. I'd like to say I won't watch but I just can't imagine a world where I'm not watching (free) Cowboy games on Sundays.

stiletto

Reaction score
Not close at all but I admit it often passes through my mind since I live in the DC area "what if?" I had switched to being a Ravens or Nats fan as opposed to a Cowboys or Braves fan. I've decided I am stubborn and like cruel and unusual punishment....Is it sadism? I might need help... HELP....LOL

Dunks3001

Reaction score
As others have said. If Garrett is somehow extended I'm gonna check out a lot. Still follow the team and watch the games but no way am I going to be as invested

Valkyr

Reaction score
Been a fan since '89. They were so terrible I felt bad for them and became a huge fan. Used to get so nervous I could barely watch the games. Always despised Jerry but loved the team more.

Nowadays?

I'm like

tenor.gif