How come we never hold the defense or special teams accountable for "stepping up"?

ICP

Reaction score
Because this fan base is lazy.

D got worked for 3 quarters. This team is terrible at the second level.
Yep, and over the next four games Dallas will probably get a few blowouts vs bad teams and many will shout the teams praises from the rooftops proclaiming all is fixed. Then they will play Philly, Buffalo, Miami, and Detroit and we will see the real Cowboys again

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
A lot of people, including Dak, stepped up in this game. Yet…

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Speak for yourself. The defense was pretty much AWOL for the first three quarters and the special teams had two critical mistakes giving Philthy good field position. Even our all world kicker had a big blunder.....
I'm just asking a question. They get the pass for what they do against poor teams but i've rarely seen them make a difference in these bigger games.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Why do we never get on this defense and special teams for dominating bad teams? Does special teams and good defense not transfer against good teams? Are those phases of the game only important against the bad teams?
simple, its about Dak and always about Dak. when we win, its the defense who did it. they got a turn over. if we lose, regardless of how Dak plays, its all his fault. always.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The defense didn’t allow a point in the fourth. They got two consecutive stops. They played well in leverage situations. In this offense-biased league, I don’t know what you’re expecting against that offense.
When were they suppose to allow a point? The Cowboys had the ball most of the 4th......right after the defense gave up 14 points in the 3rd.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Yep, and over the next four games Dallas will probably get a few blowouts vs bad teams and many will shout the teams praises from the rooftops proclaiming all is fixed. Then they will play Philly, Buffalo, Miami, and Detroit and we will see the real Cowboys again
i agree that is when the real cowboys this last game will show up again

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
You have an offense that played a fantastic game but struggled to make a play in the clutch at the end. You have a defense that played with a pretty mixed bag but was clutch at the end.

Both should get some praise and some heat but for very different reasons.