How come we never hold the defense or special teams accountable for "stepping up"?

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Why do we never get on this defense and special teams for dominating bad teams? Does special teams and good defense not transfer against good teams? Are those phases of the game only important against the bad teams?
Hmmmmm. Yeah the Eagles had been handing out turnovers like Halloween candy in recent weeks. They even fumbled multiple times last evening...but our D couldn't secure one of them.

I was thinking they did OK holding that Offense to under 30.....and in some ways I guess that's correct...but no big splash plays from D or ST.

Hmmmmmmmm. I HEABY HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE!!!!!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The D stopped them twice in the final minutes.
But they rolled over the whole 3rd quarter. They gave up 2 TD’s in the 3rd quarter alone!!

Philly had a big lead and started playing way more conservative in the 4th quarter. The made it easier for our D to get stops.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
And what did the special teams or D do to cause this loss, not scoring a TD, giving the ball to the O twice at the end of the game, good ST return. I get it you want the 85 bears or the ravens type D on budget dollars so you can pay the O side of the ball. Just remember the creed here is we like our guys, has been for close to 3 decades.
You make excuses for the D, but not Dak.

The defense gave up 11 points over their average per game! That sucks! The offense only scored around 5 points less than their average. Not good, but not underperforming as much as the D!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
That just tells you how bad they were in the first three quarters. It's obvious we don't have a SB caliber defense.
Also, Philly was playing very conservative on O with a double digit lead. This made it easier for our D to get stops.

Brax

Reaction score
You make excuses for the D, but not Dak.

The defense gave up 11 points over their average per game! That sucks! The offense only scored around 5 points less than their average. Not good, but not underperforming as much as the D!
Top end competition I don’t make excuses for anyone this game was on MM

tomokawan

Reaction score
Why do we never get on this defense and special teams for dominating bad teams? Does special teams and good defense not transfer against good teams? Are those phases of the game only important against the bad teams?
This defense is good at times, never great. I swear for 20 years it seems, when we play a good or elite team and get the lead, the defense always gives up points or the lead on the next series. I have seen them stop teams until it is time for them to hold a lead against a good team. It happens way too often.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This defense is good at times, never great. I swear for 20 years it seems, when we play a good or elite team and get the lead, the defense always gives up points or the lead on the next series. I have seen them stop teams until it is time for them to hold a lead against a good team. It happens way too often.
For once I just want to embarrass a good team like the Niners did us.

wssaustin

Reaction score
How many 3-n-outs this defense have forced in the last 6 minutes? This is a huge stepping up when necessary.
For the record, this offense still could not win a game without defense forcing turnovers.