How come we never hold the defense or special teams accountable for "stepping up"?

Brax

Reaction score
Funny how you only show up after losses….
I show up win lose or tie not to support one player after blow outs or to blame every other player and I unlike you am objective and sadly your objectively is lacking and based on past posts and attacks on members shows your lack of credibility with every post.

foofighters

Reaction score
I’m not talking about the media or outsiders…. Im talking about this fanbase. Nobody ever expects anything from those units snd we don’t get our best players from those units to contribute in big games….
My comment still stands. Why do you care so much about what others think?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My comment still stands. Why do you care so much about what others think?
You’re completely missing my point. I’ll ask it a different. Why the hell does the special teams and defense not show up against the good teams but dominate average or bad teams? Better?

bsbellomy

Reaction score
The defense didn’t allow a point in the fourth. They got two consecutive stops. They played well in leverage situations. In this offense-biased league, I don’t know what you’re expecting against that offense.
That just tells you how bad they were in the first three quarters. It's obvious we don't have a SB caliber defense.

shabazz

Reaction score
Why do we never get on this defense and special teams for dominating bad teams? Does special teams and good defense not transfer against good teams? Are those phases of the game only important against the bad teams?
This defense hasn’t gotten a pass since they were humiliated at Arizona. The myth was over.

We know exactly what we’ve got here with all three phases of the team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I show up win lose or tie not to support one player after blow outs or to blame every other player and I unlike you am objective and sadly your objectively is lacking and based on past posts and attacks on members shows your lack of credibility with every post.
Naw you’re lying. You only show up on losses. What a coincidence…..you wouldn’t know objective if it jumped up and stone cold stunner’d you.

Attacks on members…now I know you’re full of it. It’s not my fault some of y’all are soft.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
'Never' is a finite term. Defense and special teams have never been held accountable for not stepping up?
The defense has been called out in both the 49ers game and this game. Don't know where the "never" part the OP is referring to came from.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Naw you’re lying. You only show up on losses. What a coincidence…..you wouldn’t know objective if it jumped up and stone cold stunner’d you.

Attacks on members…now I know you’re full of it. It’s not my fault some of y’all are soft.
lmao...

Brax

Reaction score

I’m not soft you get your kick’s being tough and safe behind the keyboard, all one has to do is look at your past posts unfortunately one can’t look at your cowardly posts that caused all those benching.

Lodeus

Reaction score
Pretty sure half of this place thinks Micah is a bum and DQ needs to be fired.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
And what did the special teams or D do to cause this loss
Kicking the ball out of bounds, allowing Philly to start from the 40 (led to Philly TD)
Evans facemask penalty on opening drive in the 2nd, 15 yards (led to Philly TD)
Hankins lining up off-side on 4th down which gave Philly the 1st (led to Philly TD)
No turnovers despite 3 fumbles

Besides the last one, these are all preventable issues. How many time have we seen the defense off-side call this year? One of these TD is prevented we win this ballgame.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m not soft you get your kick’s being tough and safe behind the keyboard, all one has to do is look at your past posts unfortunately one can’t look at your cowardly posts that caused all those benching.
I got benched because soft posters like you keep reporting me. Can dish it but can’t take it. Yeah you soft. It don’t take someone “hard” to expose the softness of posters like you now go report that….

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you missed the last couple playoffs games?

Why can't the offense win just one?

Brax

Reaction score
Kicking the ball out of bounds, allowing Philly to start from the 40 (led to Philly TD)
Evans facemask penalty on opening drive in the 2nd, 15 yards (led to Philly TD)
Hankins lining up off-side on 4th down which gave Philly the 1st (led to Philly TD)
No turnovers despite 3 fumbles

Besides the last one, these are all preventable issues. How many time have we seen the defense off-side call this year? One of these TD is prevented we win this ballgame.
Yes you are correct penalties are and have been a problem with MM teams. I’ll give the bad kick a pass bottom line is at the 6 with 4 plays and time I’ll put this one on coaching the HC doesn’t seem to do much about them and his time management is even worse

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because the defense stopped them on the last drive and the special teams hit a 58 yarder.

Meanwhile the offense had a 1st and 5 on the eagles 6 yard line and ended up on the 30+ yard line giving it up on downs.

Brax

Reaction score
I got benched because soft posters like you keep reporting me. Can dish it but can’t take it. Yeah you soft. It don’t take someone “hard” to expose the softness of posters like you now go report that
Stay safe behind that keyboard Urkel

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
You're getting literally NOTHING good at S, and that position is a huge piece in how Quinn employs his defense
Makes you wonder if we should have traded for Byard or Baker or somebody