How confident are you in going into the season with Kazee or Hooker at FS

How confident are you in going into the season with Kazee or Hooker at FS

• Total voters

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Can we at least let them put on the pads first before we talk about confidence at any position? It's too early for this crap!

Verdict

Reaction score
Too me it's just more tools in the shed.
But you're hoping that not all of the tools are rusted and ready to fall apart.

You're hoping you have a embarrassment of riches instead.

I hope for the riches.
I know the odds for such hopes though.

GL Kazee and Hooker!
Good point. I think some people overlook that every team, including super bowl winning teams, has average players at some position. With the salary cap, depth is a very precious, rare commodity in the salary cap era.

We don’t have to be all world at every position to win a super bowl. Just make the playoffs and get a few bounces, or a few breaks. Pretty much every team is in that same boat.

The haters will not like this post but it’s largely true. Jerry has assembled several teams that had a legitimate talent level to win a SB since 1995, but the stars just did not line up, so to speak.

I believe this team has enough talent to fall within the group of teams that has enough talent to win it all, this year. In fact we should be in the group of teams that are favorites to win the SB. Let’s hope that things finally line up for us this year.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Voting no confidence at all doesn't mean you're against the signings. It's just that confidence is a strong word. These are one year looks. Being convinced that either will return to form immediately after that injury is a little much.
This.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm giving M. Hooker the #28 jersey and welcoming him to the team right now. :welcome: :clap:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
How confident am I, humm......... let me think about this for a second.

2020, signed FA Gerald McCoy, coming off an injury season the prior season. - Gone before he ever played a single regular season snap.

2020, signed FA Dontari Poe, coming off a torn Quad, the prior season. - Gone 7 games into the 2020 season.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s a big difference between confident and hopeful. I’m hopeful. Confidence in my book is based on something you’ve already seen before.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
There’s a big difference between confident and hopeful. I’m hopeful. Confidence in my book is based on something you’ve already seen before.

Bob, you are wise beyond your years and last we spoke, I think you told me you were 105!

quickccc

Reaction score
Far more confident in them as I was in Xavier Woods. If both are healthy, think we are getting a good upgrade at the position, but they must be available to do so.

While I'm confident they will come up with more INTs as centerfielder FS, i am far less confident in Hooker to stay healthy, i really dunno what he has left or remaining with all of the past and
post injuries that could have taken a wear-tear toll on his once rangy, athletic body.

- Achilles injuries are so tough to rebound to previous form from ,though it's not totally out of question with today's medical football technology and rehab programs
but it's certainly a see it -to- believe experience.
Which clearly explains the one year prove it contracts with both players (hooker, Kazee) with same injury.

- The field range and coverage matchup sets will be one thing to watch,....the other is gonna be how either will be counted on as tacklers

- Hope they prove me vastly wrong, but i expect 4-6 games tops with Hooker,.. and the rest will have to depend upon Kazee and whomever after those two... (rookie Israel M.? )
The safety roster is gonna be a real interesting to keep an eye on as who/how many safeties we will end up keeping. ...

- Odd how Xavier Woods seemed to get at his worse under Nolan and his DB coaching crew, while Wilson emerged as a playmaker as the other starting safety.

quickccc

Reaction score
None at all. When Kazee and Hooker struggle, I expect we put Wilson at FS and Neal at ss.

Not a good idea at all.
Especially when you add in eye camp reports that he's already struggling with TEs as a LB.

Its a reason why the coaches are moving him to LB rather than remain keeping him as a safety.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
a lot more confident in the safety position than I have been in a while that includes strong and free safety

Cowboyny

Reaction score
While I'm confident they will come up with more INTs as centerfielder FS, i am far less confident in Hooker to stay healthy, i really dunno what he has left or remaining with all of the past and
post injuries that could have taken a wear-tear toll on his once rangy, athletic body.

- Achilles injuries are so tough to rebound to previous form from ,though it's not totally out of question with today's medical football technology and rehab programs
but it's certainly a see it -to- believe experience.
Which clearly explains the one year prove it contracts with both players (hooker, Kazee) with same injury.

- The field range and coverage matchup sets will be one thing to watch,....the other is gonna be how either will be counted on as tacklers

- Hope they prove me vastly wrong, but i expect 4-6 games tops with Hooker,.. and the rest will have to depend upon Kazee and whomever after those two... (rookie Israel M.? )
The safety roster is gonna be a real interesting to keep an eye on as who/how many safeties we will end up keeping. ...

- Odd how Xavier Woods seemed to get at his worse under Nolan and his DB coaching crew, while Wilson emerged as a playmaker as the other starting safety.
Make a good point about their tackling, as that's their biggest weakness outside of their durability concerns. Both will not be anywhere around the line of scrimmage, but they will be the last line of defense.