How could we possibly be better next year?

rambo2

Reaction score
Seriously. We have acquired no upgrade in talent over last year and we have less talent then last year. 40 percent of our starting O line from last year is gone and we lost our lead back. We have dead man walking as far as a Head Coach and a D Coordinator on a one year contract that was fired from his last job as head coach. We have a new D scheme without the players required to play that new scheme. Lastly, we have a harder schedule then last year and every team in the Division (except perhaps the Eagles who lost two really good players) have gotten better.

PS. Am I missing anything as far as any arrows pointed up?
Kendricks is an upgrade.
They might get an upgrade at center.
They might get lucky with the running backs they pick.
They could hit on several draft picks.
They could make another good trade again.

The actually could go farther in the playoffs even if the team isn't as good as the 2023 team.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
in no world can we be better. All we have coming back is our CB, tons of question marks on the OL/DL...a QB everybody wants out of town....lame duck HC, old DC..nobody at LB and oh, every other team including the G Men are better. If we are taking then great just tell me

stinkface

Reaction score
Kendricks is an upgrade.

The actually could go farther in the playoffs even if the team isn't as good as the 2023 team.
"They might" is sadly not much of a plan. I might win the lottery tomorrow. Just saying .

rambo2

Reaction score
"They might" is sadly not much of a plan. I might win the lottery tomorrow. Just saying .
They should be a good team and compete again. Anything can happen. They plan on being good. Nothing is guaranteed.

rambo2

Reaction score
in no world can we be better. All we have coming back is our CB, tons of question marks on the OL/DL...a QB everybody wants out of town....lame duck HC, old DC..nobody at LB and oh, every other team including the G Men are better. If we are taking then great just tell me
You don't even know what new players we will be adding and how last year's rookies will do. Kendricks is a good linebacker and I think Overshown will be good too.

starfan1

Reaction score
Kendricks is an upgrade.

in a perfect world we get JPJ or Barton then Sweat falls to us. We can still get decent RB later in draft and Eichenberg from OSU would make a great addition at LB but Im not sure where hell go.Ive seen everything from 120 to 170 in mocks

stinkface

Reaction score
They should be a good team and compete again. Anything can happen. They plan on being good. Nothing is guaranteed.
They have been good for a while. We deserve better then good. I will be stunned if they win the division next year. The talent isn't there.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Like your worthless GM said "Dak or bust.... Dak will have to have an above MVP type season for us to even sniff a Divisional title....

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I ask myself that every year and every year they are.

It's more enjoyable if you just don't question it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Seriously. We have acquired no upgrade in talent over last year and we have less talent then last year. 40 percent of our starting O line from last year is gone and we lost our lead back. We have dead man walking as far as a Head Coach and a D Coordinator on a one year contract that was fired from his last job as head coach. We have a new D scheme without the players required to play that new scheme. Lastly, we have a harder schedule then last year and every team in the Division (except perhaps the Eagles who lost two really good players) have gotten better.

we are not going to be better. that's the gist of it. with only three high picks in the draft, we can't fill all the holes at LB, LT, RT, Center, RB, DT

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Being better:

Clean up the fundamentals and penalties.
Stop the run better.
Score TD in the RZ.
Find some success with easy stuff like the screen game.
Run the ball better and more consistently, especially in aforementioned RZ.

Talent-wise they will need to hit on a few bargain FA and then nail the draft or add guys via trade.
They clearly lost more than they have added in FA but they do that yearly.
Obviously, they start with a plus 2 in Diggs and Overshown being back.
If they trade for 2 more starters?
That would be a start.
Then perhaps actually hit on your first two picks this year???
Duke OL Barton and UT RB Jonathon Brooks would both likely start day 1 and happen to be PFF players 24, 56.

rambo2

Reaction score
Like your worthless GM said "Dak or bust.... Dak will have to have an above MVP type season for us to even sniff a Divisional title....
If Dak is healthy, he should have a great season.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I feel your pain, Amigo. I'm placing all my faith in a successful draft. Who knows, though

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I'm sorry do dorrance is way better than Williams!!
What do you think this forum’s opinion of Dorance was after his second season?

I’ll tell you. All the geniuses here had him down as a bust. Meanwhile Sam has 6 more sacks in just first two years than Dorance did in his first 3.