Dak needs a better training staff? ;)

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas ranked 12 with an A-.

Philly ranked 4 with a C.

How does that happen?
Here are some of the grades Cowboys players gave and how they rank vs the other NFL teams:
  • Treatment of families- A (ranked 4th)
  • Food, cafeteria, dietician- B (ranked 11th)
  • Locker room- A (ranked 2nd)
  • Training Room- C- (ranked 26th)
  • Training Staff- D+ (ranked 30th)
  • Weight Room A (ranked 5th)
  • Head Coach A (ranked 9th)
  • Ownership- B (ranked 19th)
  • Team Travel- C- (ranked 22nd)
Interesting…

AbeBeta

Reaction score
At some point the players need to lay most of the responsibility on themselves to get in shape, workout and be disciplined and in condition. You can take the horse to the water, but you can't stuff it down his throat. Just freaking more excuses if this is true. And the nerve to complain about the food. Entitled prima donnas.
"The nerve to complain about the food" -- Dude -- most teams want to feed their players well -- even to the point of sending them home with dinner, so that they can control their nutrition in ways that will give them an edge. That's just part of the NFL. It isn't entitlement, it is protecting the team's investment.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
The major issue in Dallas, based on the responses, is centered around the training room. The players feel like they are very understaffed in this department, and it is difficult to get the necessary preparation and treatment to perform at their best. Only 62% of the players feel like they get an adequate amount of one-on-one treatment time, which ranks 30th in the NFL. The other issue mentioned was that the players feel the training room lacks basic equipment that you would expect to be standard in any other training facility.

https://nflpa.com/dallas-cowboys-report-card-2024https://nflpa.com/dallas-cowboys-report-card-2024

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
There’s something I don’t understand about these owners and front offices. I’ve talked about this with others before, and they tend to agree with me.

If I was the owner of an NFL team with billions of dollars to burn, everything would be up to par. There’s a roster salary cap, but not a cap on what can be spent on equipment.

So the trainers would be the best trainers money can buy. The weight room would be state of the art. The cafeteria would feature professional chefs cooking nutritional food. The practice field would be top-notch grass that the players like playing on.

Right? Doesn’t that just make sense? This is a sport where every little advantage counts, and there’s no limit on spending money on this stuff. Give the players every possible advantage, and make them happy.

Yet we see Bengals players saying 50% of the showers in the locker room don’t even work right. The Broncos players cars are getting stolen from the parking lot. The Cardinals take food out of their players paychecks.

Maybe I’m thinking about this from too much of a fan perspective instead of a billionaire perspective, but not making sure everything like this is top-notch is just throwing away a potential competitive advantage.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Junior won't hire some 40-60k staff workers to keep the team in shape. No wonder they come out in the playoffs sluggish. Not to mention the star is basically brand new! Million dollar facilities. 10 cent employees.

Last edited:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
No reason why a franchise with this much money and means to have the best doesn’t have a world class training facility. Should be a point of emphasis moving forward
Do you really want to turn it into a players lounge?

I would have a MASH tent...

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ah yes, the new diva survey. Where’s the “ ease of practice” question?

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Imagine being the richest franchise in sports. Your owner has his own helicopter, and yacht. Yet you, as the employee on the field who fills the seats, dont have a company plane to take you to and from away games.

Culture!
Apparently only the Patriots have dedicated team plane, all the other teams just lease them as needed.