How Dak Stacks up

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Do those statistic tell us when the defense puts Dak in bad situations?
You know that's a good question. I'm scratching my head on that. I guess that can happen?? Like if the defense gives up thirtysomething points, and you're playing from a big deficit?? As a QB you don't want to play like that because they blitz, and come after you. Other than that, no. A QB can wreck your defense, but I don't really think it goes the other way. Even the scenario I listed could favor QB statistics because teams go into prevent, and allow the QB to pad their stats.

Dak has had some monster games playing catch-up in losses but to be honest we don't lose that much with Prescott.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Mod Edit:

I got this from X

Where Dak ranks among all time Quarterbacks:

Pass completion percentage: 4th

Adjusted Net Yards per pass attempt: 7th

Pass interception percentage: 9th

Passer rating: 5th

Touchdown/Interception ratio: 6th

Fun fact: in 3 of Dak’s playoff losses the defense allowed 30+ points.

Other Quarterbacks playoff records when their defense allows 30+

Tom Brady: 2-3
Aaron Rodgers: 1-5
Drew Brees: 0-3
Joe Montana: 0-3
Brett Farve: 0-7
Peyton Manning: 2-4
John Elway: 0-6
Ben Roethlisberger: 0-6

“But playoffs” is a stupid argument when analyzing a quarterback’s skill set

Looking back Nick Foles, Joe Flacco and Patrick Mahomes all won Super Bowl's coming back from 30 point deficits.

conner01

Reaction score
A couple of points:

1) Dak and his lack of offense/turnovers have helped to increase the number of points allowed.

2) I've argued forever that Dak needs a run game and run defense in the playoffs. He's a good qb, but not good enough to overcome those handicaps.

I support moving on for the simple fact we have proven we can not or will not right those wrongs. This goes back to at least 2018 vs the Rams. Besides that he's not getting any younger. It's not necessarily I don't believe Dak capable. It's that I don't believe him capable here in Dallas.
I’m confused on #1
How is not turning the ball over hurting you defense? Maybe I’m not understanding your point

Chasing6

Reaction score
You know that's a good question. I'm scratching my head on that. I guess that can happen?? Like if the defense gives up thirtysomething points, and you're playing from a big deficit?? As a QB you don't want to play like that because they blitz, and come after you. Other than that, no. A QB can wreck your defense, but I don't really think it goes the other way. Even the scenario I listed could favor QB statistics because teams go into prevent, and allow the QB to pad their stats.

Dak has had some monster games playing catch-up in losses but to be honest we don't lose that much with Prescott.
So why does our D dominate when we have a lead and they suck when we are losing???

Or Defense is designed to stop a 1 dimensional team that only passes.

If we are playing from behind and their offense can run out the clock we have no chance.

Havic

Reaction score
Its not because the defense gave up 30 that Dallas lost, Dak's play was piss poor from the start with the 49ers and most recently Green Bay

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Bruh. Aikman was 17 TD - 3 INT in the years the team won the SB. Add in his stats for the 1994 season where he threw 3 picks in the NFC championship game he was 21 TD - 7 INT. In his first SB year he was 8 TD - 0 INT.

Why is Aikman even being name dropped in this conversation?
A lot of Dak Fans like to belittle Aikman for their agenda of propping Dak up.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
So why does our D dominate when we have a lead and they suck when we are losing???

Or Defense is designed to stop a 1 dimensional team that only passes.

If we are playing from behind and their offense can run out the clock we have no chance.
You are discounting our competitors. The games we lost we were playing some pretty talented teams. As for Green Bay we were clearly outcoached.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You are discounting our competitors. The games we lost we were playing some pretty talented teams. As for Green Bay we were clearly outcoached.
I agree we were out coached. Good coaching attacks weaknesses.