How did Wade Phillips get fired so quickly?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
The problem with that argument as we saw is that the very OC that was forced on Wade, which Wade says we needed a guy like Dan Reeves to oversee the runnning game because JG couldn’t do it was ultimately proven true per Jerry’s own words when he brought in Linehan..

So instead of listening to the actual HC who couldn’t do anything about the offense, such as tell his OC that we need to run or to try and slow down, Jerry wasted Wade’s years here on what could have been..

So you wanted to keep Wade? I can't say that I even remotely agree with that, but would be interested in your reasons why. My only reason would have been that the defense was killing it but that is not what I saw on the field in 2010. I also personally feel that Wade should have shown a little more backbone in the Dan Reeves thing (and in general). Allowing an entire deal to be completed only to have Reeves walk away at the end due to an "hours worked" clause seems like something that could have been overcome with some forceful pushing by the head coach. I'm just tired of aw shucks coaches. They seldom seem to work and Jerry just runs all over them any time he gets motivated.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Jerry was insistent all along that Garrett would become the HC, and stay the HC -- forever! So even though Garrett sucks just as much as Wade, if not more, Jerry will never admit it and will never make a change. Garrett is his last HC end of story.

khiladi

Reaction score
So you wanted to keep Wade? I can't say that I even remotely agree with that, but would be interested in your reasons why. My only reason would have been that the defense was killing it but that is not what I saw on the field in 2010. I also personally feel that Wade should have shown a little more backbone in the Dan Reeves thing (and in general). Allowing an entire deal to be completed only to have Reeves walk away at the end due to an "hours worked" clause seems like something that could have been overcome with some forceful pushing by the head coach. I'm just tired of aw shucks coaches. They seldom seem to work and Jerry just runs all over them any time he gets motivated.

That was Wade’s flaw, he was too nice. I wish he was more assertive, not his football knowledge is bar none.

The Dan Reeves issue basically showed the weakness in Garrett that Jerry avoided facing for close to 5 years and Wade saw it, but Jerry was too invested in Garrett.

Cowboy89

Reaction score
I thought firing him after the GB game was pointless. Why? Romo was hurt, the team sucked, and they weren't going anywhere. Instead they decided to win a few pointless games and ruin the draft stock.