How did you react when they overturned the Dez catch?

Fmart322

Reaction score
I'm still pissed.
Let's face it, the NFL officials had to call that incomplete. There's no way they could allow the Cowboys to win 2 weeks in a row on a "controversial" call.
Now, besides Cowboys nation, the whole country is happy.
Dez took 3 steps with the ball, dove for the pylon. That's a football move. the ball did pop out but into his hands.

Eddie

Reaction score
I knew it was coming the second McCarthy challenged it.

I thought to myself "So here it comes -- payback for the Lions game".

That's what I thought as well.

When they announced the over turn, I just shook my head and told my wife we just lost the game. Then I shut the tv off.

Danger

Reaction score
I had that sinking feeling when McCarthy challenged it. I have not said a word to anybody since that play:(

movaughn88

Reaction score
I'm still pissed.
Let's face it, the NFL officials had to call that incomplete. There's no way they could allow the Cowboys to win 2 weeks in a row on a "controversial" call.
Now, besides Cowboys nation, the whole country is happy.
Dez took 3 steps with the ball, dove for the pylon. That's a football move. the ball did pop out but into his hands.

I think a lot of people are happy, but I also think that Dez is really liked by the sports world in general. People love him because he's so simple. He just loves football. Works out, plays hard, goes home and plays Madden. He deserves support and I think it's rubbing people the wrong way who don't even like the Cowboys.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
My heart valves took the most damage. My tiny little stuffed dog toys took the brunt of it. My dogs were sitting on the couch HORRIFIED.

superonyx

Reaction score
I was in total shock. My whole house was in shock.
My 5 year old boy started to cry when he realized what it meant. Then the 3 year old joined him in crying.

As a 39 year old father of 3 I don't know why I let myself get sucked into something like the NFL. I know going in that it's a product designed to break your heart again and again. The hope of not having your heart broken is the only hook they have at this point.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Got up and left the room.

There was no need to watch that farce any longer.

I knew how they wanted things to end.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I knew that the refs will try to atone for the correct call last week. They made it an effort to screw us. This was the way to make sure we were screwed. As it is, obviously, the bias was strong with the refs to make sure we lose.

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
Soon as I saw the ball move, I knew it would be ruled incomplete. I just put my head down on the table at the bar, calmly walked over to grab my coat, watched Rodgers get the first on us, and then I calmly left. I would've broken something a couple years ago. I'm happy at how we performed this year. Losing Marinelli will hurt, and we have a BUNCH of work to do this offseason, but I think we have 2-3 more years to get the big one. When Romo retires, all hope for me, will be lost. He's the backbone of this offense. Believe it or not. Without him on offense, we are nothing.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
I knew we were about to get jobbed on the call. I was right. Not the reason we lost though.

It didn't help. We go up 2 - maybe 3 - with 2-3 minutes left. One call didn't decide it, but that one play was among 3 or 4 that was crucial to the outcome. No denying it.

superonyx

Reaction score
Soon as I saw the ball move, I knew it would be ruled incomplete. I just put my head down on the table at the bar, calmly walked over to grab my coat, watched Rodgers get the first on us, and then I calmly left. I would've broken something a couple years ago. I'm happy at how we performed this year. Losing Marinelli will hurt, and we have a BUNCH of work to do this offseason, but I think we have -3 more years to get the big one. When Romo retires, all hope for me, will be lost.

I find myself wanting a Super Bowl for Romo and Witten (and Jerry believe it or not) even more than I do for myself.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My voice is gone, two shoes still laying across the living room, my 5 yr old daughter is scared of me, my 9 month old boy thinks I'm funny, my friends that texted me are probably no longer my friends, my dog won't come out of her dog house, my work cell is missing, I felt like a could take on an army, full of rage, and I'm pretty sure my big toe is broke.

I'm still not done either. I've been banished to our bedroom ..and my wife is being a champ about it. Better get her something nice.

Section446

Reaction score
I started out really excited, then I realized that he hadn't completed the catch.