How did you react when they overturned the Dez catch?

USMarineVet

Reaction score
What's amazing is if THIS game had been played in 1967, without instant replay, we likely go on to win this game. I know woulda, coulda, shoulda. I'm just pissed.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
our two pets are usually on edge when i watch the cowboys...but i can honestly tell you that when i calmed down....

our pom jesse james crawled into his bed and looked at me like he understood my pain.

have no idea what our little ruby who is a cat was doing

probably bathing or snuggling..

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I absolutely KNEW we were going to get screwed by a call after the Lions game. I knew it ALL week long. The question was whether or not we could win in spite of this call.

When they reversed the call, I was in a bar that is a Dolphins/Packers bar and everybody there in that bar (mostly Packers fans) said it should have been ruled a catch.

Because I was prepared for that type of call (that and Cobb's 'catch' before the half), I took it in stride.

I'm more frustrated with the game because you know that's not in the spirit of the rule. A guy making a catch and then stretching out for a TD is what football is really about and you're basically telling the league that players shouldn't try and make plays.

What's sad is that the Dallas haters got their wish. They couldn't actually hope that Green Bay would clearly outplay the Cowboys, they hoped that the Cowboys would get hosed. All the meanwhile they demanded that the Cowboys apologize for a victory on a non-reviewable play. They had conspiracy theories on a non-reviewable play (remember, the league's office notifies them what to call on reviews). And they tried to act like they really felt that it was bad for the game that the PI was called. If they had a shred of integrity, they would be outraged by this call.

It reminded me a bit of Dustin Johnson's penalty stroke for grounding a club in the 'bunker' at the PGA Championship in 2010. I just came away thinking that this sort of thing is not good for the popularity of the game.

YR

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm still pissed.
Let's face it, the NFL officials had to call that incomplete. There's no way they could allow the Cowboys to win 2 weeks in a row on a "controversial" call.
Now, besides Cowboys nation, the whole country is happy.
Dez took 3 steps with the ball, dove for the pylon. That's a football move. the ball did pop out but into his hands.

Zero debate. That was a catch. If someone wants to argue that he temporally dropped the ball as a runner, after a legal catch, I may Agee.
But 100% that was a legal catch even with the current rules. Not even debatable.

Last edited:

Aven8

Reaction score
My voice is gone, two shoes still laying across the living room, my 5 yr old daughter is scared of me, my 9 month old boy thinks I'm funny, my friends that texted me are probably no longer my friends, my dog won't come out of her dog house, my work cell is missing, I felt like a could take on an army, full of rage, and I'm pretty sure my big toe is broke.

I'm still not done either. I've been banished to our bedroom ..and my wife is being a champ about it. Better get her something nice.

I feel you brother!!!! :lmao2:

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Zero debate. That was a catch. It so done wants t argue that he temorilatily dropped the ball ad a runner, I may Agee.
But 100% that was a legal catch even with the current rules. Not even debatable.

the only official in the whole stadium who got the call right was the head linesman..

he placed the ball perfectly.

first and goal at the 13 inch yard line.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I sat there with my mouth wide open after saying "Oh God" to myself. I felt so bad for Dez. He so wants to be appreciated like some of the other great receivers in the league, but something always gets in the way, a finger, a flag, a bad call, always something. I hope we re-sign him and he goes on to make many, many more great plays for us.

Aven8

Reaction score
I knew we were going to get screwed. I was numb, and usually I would go nuts.

What really sucks It was an unbelievable catch, one for the ages, and a big time play we could have seen on highlights for years.

It's total crap that officials can decide games, much like last week when I thought they screwed us, before they picked it up. You cannot make those calls like that at the end of games, let the players play!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
As it was happening, I said to self, I said "self, why are we throwing that when we just need to get the 1st down". Then he catches it, or appears to catch it and I'm obviously excited, then the replay. At the time I was extremely upset, but I never blame refs and I'm not even coming close to blaming them on any of the calls. WE make our own destiny, and today, we didn't have the heart, the nerves, or the brains to get it done.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
As it was happening, I said to self, I said "self, why are we throwing that when we just need to get the 1st down". Then he catches it, or appears to catch it and I'm obviously excited, then the replay. At the time I was extremely upset, but I never blame refs and I'm not even coming close to blaming them on any of the calls. WE make our own destiny, and today, we didn't have the heart, the nerves, or the brains to get it done.

I'd say that was a ballsey play, but what do I know.

cml750

Reaction score
I said a few curse words but then expected the team to overcome it which they didn't. It made me much madder after the game but I still didn't do anything rash other than make a few post on this forum.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I know going in that it's a product designed to break your heart again and again. The hope of not having your heart broken is the only hook they have at this point.
This is why I'm so negative about this team. I've come from a world, 70s, where we always won. Then the 90s, we always won. This time in life sucks for me. I hate this time in life as a Cowboys fans. We're good, but we'll never be good enough IMO with the current QB. So it's just frustrating to me that we won't make a change. I'm almost over this stupid season. So when you see fans like me not believe even when we're hot, this game is why. Year after year, same old ending.

DTown214

Reaction score
I'm still pissed.
Let's face it, the NFL officials had to call that incomplete. There's no way they could allow the Cowboys to win 2 weeks in a row on a "controversial" call.
Now, besides Cowboys nation, the whole country is happy.
Dez took 3 steps with the ball, dove for the pylon. That's a football move. the ball did pop out but into his hands.

Exactly what I was thinking. The Cowboys would've gotten SOOO much heat if this didn't get overturned. Of course it was a catch, but just too good to be true. Makes you wonder if the refs really based this call on what happened last week with the PI call. Yeah, the refs screwed up last week... but two wrongs don't make a right.