How disillusioned with this team are you?

Verdict

Reaction score
I think th cowboys need to quit ******* around with the OL and play Collins at OG and solidify 4 spots Rick solid. The RT spot would be good enough with Green.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Disillusioned is not the right word.

A little disappointed is a better way to describe it. Perhaps I thought a little too hard about it and expected them to reverse the trend of one good year, followed by a bad to mediocre one because they forgot what made for the good year.

yimyammer

Reaction score
my disillusionment always resides with jeri and the rest of his clan who are more entrenched than ever.

I dont believe they'll ever be better than their peers whom they have to compete against so Imho, its going to take an extraordinary confluence of events to overcome the leadership at the top for the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl again.

pNyGMiR.jpg

football people----> back of the bus!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
my disillusionment always resides with jeri and the rest of his clan who are more entrenched than ever.

I dont believe they'll ever be better than their peers whom they have to compete against so Imho, its going to take an extraordinary confluence of events to overcome the leadership at the top for the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl again.

pNyGMiR.jpg

Now I'm going to have nightmares.

Verdict

Reaction score
We should be 4 and 1 based on the talent of this team. Switzers muff accounted for one game.

We should easily win the next game. 3 and 3 after a single win will change the outlook on this board significantly.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
We are scoring well enough on offense. It is the defense that is failing. That is not a huge surprise esp this early in the season. It was anticipated given all the changes and the new players on the backside. In fact the entire defense was a question mark including DL. Now we are weak at LB and DB is going the way it was expected. DL is a pleasant surprise and welcomed.

These problems are fixable. Lee will be back. Hitchens is recovering. Smith should and I repeat should improve. There is no reason to think the DBs won't improve. They almost have to. Only injuries can inhibit that IMO. How much they improve is the question.

We need to be patient and understand the Eagles are likely to win the East as it stands. They have to semi-collapse or perhaps a better way to put it would be to lose some East games and another 1-2 outside the East to fall back to the pack. And we have to win some games esp our East games. You almost have to win 5-6 games in the East to win it and be a SB contender esp in the setting we have now.

There is no reason to give up yet but to not be aware of the uphill battle is naive.

Defense is the key. And that's the players not the coaches despite all the cries and hue.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
There's no real cause to get disillusioned unless a fan mistakenly sets his expectations too high.:dance:

This. My expectations for the Cowboys have lessened over the years. I just don't have confidence that the Jones boys are going to build a consistent contender, because they've been trying for two decades and have only managed mediocrity - the Cowboys have won less than 52% of their games since winning SB XXX.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
This. My expectations for the Cowboys have lessened over the years. I just don't have confidence that the Jones boys are going to build a consistent contender, because they've been trying for two decades and have only managed mediocrity - the Cowboys have won less than 52% of their games since winning SB XXX.
post of the day

Alexander

Reaction score

pNyGMiR.jpg

Who is the confused one behind Linehan?

mrmojo

Reaction score
Been disillusioned for over 20 years now....it hasn't changed......my fan hood is still there but expectations are not like they used to be.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The disillusionment comes from the offense. We all expected the offense to be blowing holes open for Zeke and giving Dak all day to pass. It hasn't happened. If they start clicking on all 8 cylinders they could be an exceptional offense.

The defense is disappointing, because they are actually getting a much better pass rush than most anyone expected. That was supposed to be the cure all, but somehow along the way we forgot how to stop the run and our young secondary is struggling...maybe the veterans are struggling the most. Hoping that they come around as the season goes on. There really isn't an excuse for anything except the run defense.

lopey

Reaction score
I think we need to see the defense with both Lee and Hitchens back. And I hope we get Bowman. I think with that LB crew we can stop the run. Heath needs to sit!!!

Alexander

Reaction score
We should be 4 and 1 based on the talent of this team. Switzers muff accounted for one game.

I keep seeing this one thing being repeated over and over again. Like people want it to be true that a muffed punt before halftime really caused a loss moreso than a defensive collapse paired with a flat offensive in the second half.

Switzer's play changed momentum but that is it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It's only a quarter through the season and there seems to be an all is lost sense among Cowboys fans already.
I think we are looking at things not turning around given our defensive deficiencies and the loss of Zeke.
Our once vaunted Offensive line has been less than stellar and has not allowed us to preserve/hide our defense and their deficiencies by consistently establishing the running game.
We may be able to salvage a winning record but could be left out of the Playoff picture.
Philly is playing well and seem to be on their way to winning the division outside of any major injuries.
There's still plenty of football and unknowns yet to come but unless we get on a serious hot streak, we may be on the outside looking in come Playoff time.

I love my Cowboys. Win, lose or draw.

But I am not going to fool myself into thinking that they will win anything this year.

This team is a dam with multiple cracks.
We are in trouble.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It's only a quarter through the season and there seems to be an all is lost sense among Cowboys fans already.
I think we are looking at things not turning around given our defensive deficiencies and the loss of Zeke.
Our once vaunted Offensive line has been less than stellar and has not allowed us to preserve/hide our defense and their deficiencies by consistently establishing the running game.
We may be able to salvage a winning record but could be left out of the Playoff picture.
Philly is playing well and seem to be on their way to winning the division outside of any major injuries.
There's still plenty of football and unknowns yet to come but unless we get on a serious hot streak, we may be on the outside looking in come Playoff time.

I feel like the offense will find itself, even without Zeke. Smith's back troubles and two new members on the line are causing some cohesion problems that I believe will be worked out. If that happens, then we've already seen that McFadden can be effective behind at least three members of this line even without competent QB play, which we have in comparison to 2015.

I also believe the defense will improve some, but probably not enough to get us through the playoffs. Lee being out has hurt and we're just now getting our line together. If Lawrence keeps playing like he has been, then we've just got to have some complementary pieces there, and Irving looks like one against Green Bay. Linebacker play may be the biggest issue right now, but Hitchens getting his feet back under him and Lee getting back on the field will take care of some of that. I eventually think Smith will get there, but he's certainly got a ways to go right now. Then, there's a secondary that needs for some rookies to grow up. I'm not near as down on Scandrick and Jones as some are because I think they can be solid pieces if players like Lewis, Awusie and Woods can continue to progress.

We can get back near where we were last year on offense and step up a few notches on defense IMO, which should be enough to make us a playoff team. However, anyone expecting more than that is probably expecting too much until this defense is fixed. And considering that we've been waiting on that for years, I don't have high hopes in that regard.

Alexander

Reaction score
The disillusionment comes from the offense. We all expected the offense to be blowing holes open for Zeke and giving Dak all day to pass. It hasn't happened. If they start clicking on all 8 cylinders they could be an exceptional offense.
That was the biggest disappointment about how last season turned out at the end. You are not going to get that kind of charmed life consistently, it is just not realistic. It was a magical season for the offense that would have been hard to replicate.

We needed the defense to pull forward to compensate for natural regression and that simply has not come close to happening.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Not about making the playoffs or winning a bunch of games for some of us. For some its good enough.