How do all the doom and gloomers feels now?

CWR

Reaction score
It's like going to Vegas and betting everything on red. It's a gamble. Only time will tell... maybe at the halfway point of the season we will have answers.

Yeah, there's no reason to get too high or too low based on this draft. We took some guys with genuine tools and promise. Being all the way down at 24th that's about all I can ask for. Had Zion or Green dropped I'd probably be irked, but in the end I'm aware of what I don't know.

CWR

Reaction score
I think this is a team with similar talent, but built better and only one huge overpaid contract blunder in Zeke. Its also a much younger team with a rising defense.

I feel like another good offseason with more cap room next year and we will see our window begin.

Thats not to say things couldnt fall into place this year. Our defense should be better and if Smith is mauler he is supposed to be in the run game then that will be a big improvement.

I think another 12-5 and first round playoff game is a given.

I'd never call 12-5 a given, but I'd wager we win double digit games. My biggest concern isn't that we will suck, but we may not be good enough to advance.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Nothing to do with liking Jones or not. Its clear we all hate them.

Its about what you think of the drafts and the picks. If you dont have an opinion on that, that's fine. Just let the adults handle it.
I will form my opinion on the 2022 draft starting about the middle of October of this year. No need to be pessimistic or overly optimistic about it now. Time will tell. The childish thing is to get way up or way down on the draft at this point. The Cowboys have had good drafts recently but the results on the field have been lacking.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'd never call 12-5 a given, but I'd wager we win double digit games. My biggest concern isn't that we will suck, but we may not be good enough to advance.

As long as we dont have any big injuries like Dak I think 12 wins is realistic. I keep going over the schedule and it doesnt seem far fetched at all. And I think I have us splitting with the Eagles every time I do it.

Jipper

Reaction score

I worry we will end up just good enough to lose in the last game and miss the playoffs...

It's been almost 20 years since a team in the nfce has won in back to back years and I worry about that trend

Reactions: CWR

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I will form my opinion on the 2022 draft starting about the middle of October of this year. No need to be pessimistic or overly optimistic about it now. Time will tell. The childish thing is to get way up or way down on the draft at this point. The Cowboys have had good drafts recently but the results on the field have been lacking.

We went from 7 wins to 12 last year. And the defense is all of a sudden one of the better and younger units in the NFL. I wouldnt call that lacking results.

When was the last time we had a legitimate defense?

CWR

Reaction score
I worry we will end up just good enough to lose in the last game and miss the playoffs...

It's been almost 20 years since a team in the nfce has won in back to back years and I worry about that trend

Only guarantee is drama. This team always brings the drama.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

The Cowboys have a way of making you think the worst I know. Im trying to be realistic both ways.

DanA

Reaction score
We drafted all the right positions. Now we just need to see how those picks pan out.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Got our mauling guard, pass rushing DE, and Smooth, fast receiver in the 3rd.

Werent those all the positions most were complaining about?

Just trying to check the pulse here.

Me pulse says NOT BAD!
Not great as I pined for: OG, OT, LB, WR, DL 1-5 rounds
Dont like throwing away a pick on TE. Extend Schultze, and our other TEs need to fish or cut tape.:angry:

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Me pulse says NOT BAD!
Not great as I pined for: OG, OT, LB, WR, DL 1-5 rounds
Dont like throwing away a pick on TE. Extend Schultze, and our other TEs need to fish or cut tape.

We need another good TE. And one that can block a little. If you want to run the ball, you need 2 TE's.

Brax

Reaction score
If OL and DL are two highest priorities then seems like you’d take BPA in 1st round. Johnson could have been upgrade from Gregory.

Is there an argument Johnson wasn’t BPA?
Jerry may have one.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
As long as we dont have any big injuries like Dak I think 12 wins is realistic. I keep going over the schedule and it doesnt seem far fetched at all. And I think I have us splitting with the Eagles every time I do it.

Look, me fence mender, 12 is nice to imagine.
Blimey. I think 10-7 is realistic but our insistence to trot out Zeke will bog us down with few yards and a passing game borne of necessity. I HATE IT WHEN DAK SHOWS IMPATIENCE AND DESPERATION and throws it away!:mad:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Look, me fence mender, 12 is nice to imagine.
Blimey. I think 10-7 is realistic but our insistence to trot out Zeke will bog us down with few yards and a passing game borne of necessity. I HATE IT WHEN DAK SHOWS IMPATIENCE AND DESPERATION and throws it away!:mad:

10 would be a bad season for this bunch. Now if DAk gets hurt all bets are off. But yah, trotting out the plodding Zeke wont do us any favors. Sadly we know its coming no matter what.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I think this is a team with similar talent, but built better and only one huge overpaid contract blunder in Zeke. Its also a much younger team with a rising defense.

I feel like another good offseason with more cap room next year and we will see our window begin.

Thats not to say things couldnt fall into place this year. Our defense should be better and if Smith is mauler he is supposed to be in the run game then that will be a big improvement.

I think another 12-5 and first round playoff game is a given.
Dallas Cowboys

Home: Washington, Giants, Eagles, Bears, Lions, Texans, Colts, Buccaneers, Bengals

Away: Washington, Giants, Eagles, Packers, Vikings, Jaguars, Titans, Rams

Given the schedule I can see going 7-2 at home and 3-5 on the road. Toss up games are Vikings, Wash on the road and Titans.

Depends on the state of the OL and DL as those 3 games are against very run heavy teams.

10-7 seems very realistic given Dallas always loses at least 1 game per year it shouldn’t (Broncos at home last year).

We’ll know more on May 12 when the order is released. I don’t have much confidence in any toss up game before November given Smith has to get up to speed and Gallup likely isn’t 100 % (even if he’s playing games) until November. The whole month of October is working him in and getting him in playing shape.

If the schedule is backloaded that’s much better for Dallas than front loaded in terms of difficulty.

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
We need another good TE. And one that can block a little. If you want to run the ball, you need 2 TE's.

We NEED to run 12 personnel. We were too effective at it last year, prior to Jarwins injury, to not go back to that well.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys

Home: Washington, Giants, Eagles, Bears, Lions, Texans, Colts, Buccaneers, Bengals

Away: Washington, Giants, Eagles, Packers, Vikings, Jaguars, Titans, Rams

Given the schedule I can see going 7-2 at home and 3-5 on the road. Toss up games are Vikings, Wash on the road and Titans.

Depends on the state of the OL and DL as those 3 games are against very run heavy teams.

10-7 seems very realistic given Dallas always loses at least 1 game per year it shouldn’t (Broncos at home last year).
Washington on the road? Lol.

anywhere from 10-13 wins. 10 should be easy.