How do all the doom and gloomers feels now?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well yeah of course. Let’s see. I just wish they built the defense up more. Doesn’t matter about the OL if the defense is giving up 100 plus on the ground a game. The offense won’t see the field lol. Parsons can’t do everything.
Johnson and jones adding to that dline? Would have been incredible.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Johnson and jones adding to that dline? Would have been incredible.
Yup. And then parsons would be able to wreak havoc. Instead this team is under the illusion they are a great draft away from a Super Bowl.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yup. And then parsons would be able to wreak havoc. Instead this team is under the illusion they are a great draft away from a Super Bowl.
You never pass up on a war daddy like Johnson. Especially when it’s a need.

this is the inherent issue with jones. Always thinks we’re going to the show.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
You must be one of those cry babies.

are you offended I don’t think we suck?

I don’t think this is our year. Lol

hobby? Typical cry baby response.
You are the one crying about strangers opinions as if it affects your life and family. LOL. That is the irony.

"Hold on dear. I must find opinons I disagree with about football drafts and label and demean them"

Helluva hobby

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
after last year's super bowl nobody should worry.

making the playoff and going home makes my world.

kevm3

Reaction score
I don't think it's 'doom and gloom', but moreso being a realist.

Titans get a 1st and 3rd for their #1 wr and all we can get is a 5th rounder.

The FO literally creates several holes in team for NO reason, hence setting up a needs based draft. We did nothing but sign more bargain bin projects in free agency, so the cap talk was all nonsense.

Several people predicted that we were going to do nothing but sign bargain binners in free agency and it happened. It was predicted that we're going to draft a guy with off the field issues or an injury in the second round, and that happened.

It's literally the same predictable cycle over and over again. I'd absolutely love to be surprised, but this team screams a 9 and 8 kind of year.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Got our mauling guard, pass rushing DE, and Smooth, fast receiver in the 3rd.

Werent those all the positions most were complaining about?

Just trying to check the pulse here.

Jerry Jones/Stephen Jones...

Nuff said

1 playoff win every 3-5 years is the cowboys ceiling.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So far, I’m fairly pleased overall with the talent acquisition we’ve made. As with any draft, it will be 2-3 years before we really know what we have.

Of all the players we’ve drafted so far, I feel most confident in the TE from Wisconsin who I’ve seen play twice on TV (not enough to know a lot) and he looks like an excellent blocker and decent receiver. I think he’s a plug and play guy. The second round pick Williams is certainly talented but like most Jerry second rounders has the off field issue questions. The 3rd rounder Jalen Tolbert is certainly fast and can serve a great stretch the field role if he develops quickly.

It’s been an ok draft seemingly. Too early to tell much else. Talent alone is never enough to win a championship. Our biggest thing to overcome is this entitled culture. Hopefully these are players that can help overcome that.

zack

Reaction score
Dude doom and gloomers will be doom and gloomers till success brings them out of it.

agreed. Get the NFC championship and I think fans will be happy. Dallas has won the drafts for many years with nothing to show for it.

Creeper

Reaction score
This draft was going to be make or break depending on the LG position. At this point we have no idea whether T Smith will fill that hole in 2022. He has tools but he is also very raw. Let me see him play a few games without getting called for holding an then I will release the gloom. Until then, I am crossing my fingers. I am excited about Sam Williams, hopeful about Jalen Tolbert, and the rest of this draft looks like future depth at this point.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This draft was going to be make or break depending on the LG position. At this point we have no idea whether T Smith will fill that hole in 2022. He has tools but he is also very raw. Let me see him play a few games without getting called for holding an then I will release the gloom. Until then, I am crossing my fingers. I am excited about Sam Williams, hopeful about Jalen Tolbert, and the rest of this draft looks like future depth at this point.
To me he is an instant upgrade with upside to be a home run.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
agreed. Get the NFC championship and I think fans will be happy. Dallas has won the drafts for many years with nothing to show for it.
How many years?

they have largely failed in FA

phildadon86

Reaction score
I don't think it's 'doom and gloom', but moreso being a realist.

Titans get a 1st and 3rd for their #1 wr and all we can get is a 5th rounder.

The FO literally creates several holes in team for NO reason, hence setting up a needs based draft. We did nothing but sign more bargain bin projects in free agency, so the cap talk was all nonsense.

Several people predicted that we were going to do nothing but sign bargain binners in free agency and it happened. It was predicted that we're going to draft a guy with off the field issues or an injury in the second round, and that happened.

It's literally the same predictable cycle over and over again. I'd absolutely love to be surprised, but this team screams a 9 and 8 kind of year.
We got a 5th because Stephen announced to the world he was being released. Lol

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
You need to read the draft threads.
The same doom and gloomers have not been thrilled with any of our picks so far....or maybe 1 of 3 at best.

Having said that, I'm not seeing Dallas a SB team in 2022. Hope that doesn't make me a doom and gloomer too.

No it doesn't make you a doom and Gloomer, It makes you a realist. If the Cowboys pull off a miracle or the ball bounces just right and we end up in the Super Bowl, I'll be ecstatic but they are NOT a Super Bowl contender yet.

NOW we are one or two players away. AGAIN I ask who saw Cinn. As a Super Bowl contender this time last year.

GO COWBOYS !!!!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Got our mauling guard, pass rushing DE, and Smooth, fast receiver in the 3rd.

Werent those all the positions most were complaining about?

Just trying to check the pulse here.

good draft.

now the coaches need to get to work.