How do Cowboys fix red zone problems?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
We already fixed it....

kfshwxsr4geavyvfpslx.jpg

By getting rid of Linehan...and his unwillingness to run the football inside the 20....I bet we score @ least 10 more TDs than we did last year. How many times did we settle for FGs when we should have scored a TD? I know it was a bunch...I think it will be the differnece between having a bye..and hosting a playoff game...than having to hit the road. It will be that big of a difference. :rolleyes:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
They were 26th last year in the red zone and were 7th in 2017. How much did the absence of Witten play into the red zone woe's last year? I never really considered Witten to be a red zone threat but that's just my opinion. What do you think Moore needs to do inside the 20 that they failed to do last year? Think about how many points you leave on the field when your ranked 26th in the red zone and how that determines wins and losses. I do know that they need to get Zeke involved more and by that I mean catching the ball and so forth.........
They already have. They fired Linehan.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Getting Frederick back is going to make a big difference by itself.

Beyond that, I think this is where Moore can make a difference with some creative play design. It should be easy with this collection of talent. Dak and Zeke are both redzone threats. There's a bunch of guys that should be able to take advantage of that even if they can't quite offer a consistent third threat themselves.
KELLEN Really should consider designating the #73 as the fullback on a couple of plays down in the red zone early on (,,,er,,, always utilized as a schemed distraction, till,,,then outta'the blue? BoOm,,, inside shuttle pass to steam-roller Joe, since we're getting the Fredbeard back:starspin:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
KELLEN Really should consider designating the #73 as the fullback on a couple of plays down in the red zone early on (,,,er,,, always utilized as a schemed distraction, till,,,then outta'the blue? BoOm,,, inside shuttle pass to steam-roller Joe, since we're getting the Fredbeard back:starspin:

I strained my poor old eyes looking for "Steam Roller Joe" on the roster & couldn't find him but the idea is fairly amusing, tho! :muttley:

Last edited:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I strained my poor old eyes looking for "Steam Roller Joe" on the roster -- couldn't find him but the idea is fairly amusing, tho! :muttley:
#73 Joe loony,,,Don't you remember him bouncing them final two Detroit Lion's defenders positioned at the right hand goal-line, when he was runnin' point for the #21's T.D?,it was a sight of damn ner' nuclear fission beauty the way those two Detroiters instantaneously went simultaneously flying in opposite directions upon the #73 rollin'thru/breaking trail:starspin::starspin::lmao::starspin::starspin:

**EDIT: YOU KNEW FULL WELL,AS TO WHO I WAS INFERRING,,,
you pulled a fast one over on me , you slicky-boy,you,,,Kudos:bow:

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
They were 26th last year in the red zone and were 7th in 2017. How much did the absence of Witten play into the red zone woe's last year? I never really considered Witten to be a red zone threat but that's just my opinion. What do you think Moore needs to do inside the 20 that they failed to do last year? Think about how many points you leave on the field when your ranked 26th in the red zone and how that determines wins and losses. I do know that they need to get Zeke involved more and by that I mean catching the ball and so forth.........
Like others mentioned the oline has to be able to get enough push so that Zeke should almost always be able to run it in from the 4-5 yard line. What I will say is the running straight up the middle is too predictable I would like to see Dak pitch the ball to Zeke and let him pick his own hole a little more. I want to see Jarwin used more and of course spread the ball around. Garrett needs to do a little more in the game plan designs and schemes according to opponent.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Use Dak on his feet right in the red zone and they should have no issues.(hard to defend against Dak, zeke, and a tight end on the move in short yardage) I think they tried to force a lot of plays last few years.

ghst187

Reaction score
Getting Frederick back is going to make a big difference by itself.

Beyond that, I think this is where Moore can make a difference with some creative play design. It should be easy with this collection of talent. Dak and Zeke are both redzone threats. There's a bunch of guys that should be able to take advantage of that even if they can't quite offer a consistent third threat themselves.

Agree.
Also, we repeatedly did NOT run the ball when we should have.
If we are inside the five there should be at least two Zeke carries every time period.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
#73 Joe loony,,,Don't you remember him bouncing them final two Detroit Lion's defenders positioned at the right hand goal-line, when he was runnin' point for the #21's T.D?,it was a sight of damn ner' nuclear fission beauty the way those two Detroiters instantaneously went simultaneously flying in opposite directions upon the #73 rollin'thru/breaking trail:starspin::starspin::lmao::starspin::starspin:

**EDIT: YOU KNEW FULL WELL,AS TO WHO I WAS INFERRING,,,
you pulled a fast one over on me , you slicky-boy,you,,,Kudos:bow:

I swear, I didn't have a clue who "Steam Roller Joe" was but greatly appreciative of being dutifully informed as to his identity.
Nevertheless, I'll reluctantly have to confess, I lied -- I didn't really check the roster. I'm so ashamed that I tricked you!:lmao:

Last edited: