How do the Cowboys compare with your other favorite teams?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cowboys, Mets and Rockets. The Mets front office make the Cowboys guys look extremely competent.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Colorado Avalanche

The Huskers have the same number of championships as the Cowboys: 5. Like the Cowboys, it's been a while since they won one (1997). However, I get a sense that the Huskers are going in a better direction than the Cowboys. Under Coach Pelini they've been having winning records. I don't have complete confidence, however, that he'll bring Nebraska another National Championship. He may just be a good coach who can put together winning seasons. I think QB Taylor Martinez is exciting to watch and pulls a lot of amazing Houdini-type plays, but is way too undisciplined to lead the team to a championship. I don't think he'll end up playing in the NFL, though he might be a pro in the Arena League or in the CFL. I've been a Cowboy fan way longer than a Husker fan. I started rooting for the Cowboys back in 1971 and ignored college football until 2007 when I became a Huskers fan.

The Avalanche have 2 Stanley Cups and were great for quite a while, but have sucked recently. I don't watch them very much anymore since moving away from Colorado in 2007.

coult44

Reaction score
Cowboys no question far above the rest and then you can call me weird. :)

Oakland A's, I wish to God the Cowboys were ran the same way. The only way this changes is if my son is drafted in the next year or two lol...

Sac Kings, Go ahead Laugh...But I've been a fan since the 1st day they arrived. Actually it wouldn't surprise me if JJ and the Maloofs were friends. All 3 could disappear and I'd be happy.

And then I'm a HUGE LSU Fan. I moved to Louisiana to go to school the night I graduated High School. The rest is history...GEAUX TIGERS

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
coult44;5073541 said:
Cowboys no question far above the rest and then you can call me weird. :)

Oakland A's, I wish to God the Cowboys were ran the same way. The only way this changes is if my son is drafted in the next year or two lol...

Sac Kings, Go ahead Laugh...But I've been a fan since the 1st day they arrived. Actually it wouldn't surprise me if JJ and the Maloofs were friends. All 3 could disappear and I'd be happy.

And then I'm a HUGE LSU Fan. I moved to Louisiana to go to school the night I graduated High School. The rest is history...GEAUX TIGERS

Amazing how a club can do so much with so little. Years ago I think it was Sports Illustrated that put out an article on "bang for the buck", and A's came out on top. Cheapest tickets, lowest payroll, lowest concession prices, but always a contending team. It's been 24 years since our last championship. Hoping this will be the season again.

Oakland Colosseum is the only stadium I've actually been on the field of for a fireworks show after an A's vs. Giants game fireworks show. The blue grass felt wonderful on the bare feet. Was such an even more beautiful stadium before the Raiders moved back. Candlestick always looked like a bermuda grass field.

/I sound like Hank Hill, don't I?

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
CxC1993;5073369 said:
Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks, sort of Dallas Stars but I follow hockey the least .

Hockey is an awesome sport. Give it time, and watch more games.

9darter

Reaction score
I spend too much time on the Cowboys to really have any other team.

:starspin

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
My biggest sports passion next to the Dallas Cowboys is Kentucky Wildcat basketball. Won the title last year and will be a strong pick to win it again next season. Winningest program in history, so life is good.

Atlanta Braves are my MLB team and they're off to a very good start. Fully expect them to be in the running for the World Series.

Couldn't care less about the NBA or NHL. I was a huge 76er fan years ago, but just don't care anymore.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Cowboys = Tough year to be a fan.

Celtics = I think it's a matter of hours before they're done, but hoping for a miracle finish.

Blackhawks = So far so good. We'll see what happens Friday.

NCAA = I watch a ton of college football but don't have a favorite team. I mainly watch Big 12 and SEC. I've been to a couple of Boise State games and follow them as well as Notre Dame where my grandfather attended school.

Baseball = Sucks!

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
The San Antonio Spurs are the only other professional team that I follow closely. With all the negativity surrounding the Cowboys, it's nice to follow a team that its fans actually seem to like.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Red Dragon;5073236 said:
In addition to being a Cowboys fan, I am also a San Antonio Spurs, Texas Rangers and Buffalo Sabres fan (the last one being 'sort-of;' I hardly follow hockey at all.)

Compared with those teams, the Cowboys are the only ones who have a very high profile, are glamorous, and get a lot of attention in the media. The San Antonio Spurs, my favorite NBA team, are kind of the opposite of the Cowboys - they are the epitome of a blue-collar, low-key, traditional, quiet, non-controversial type of team.

Neither the Rangers (baseball) nor Sabres have ever won a championship. They are characterized, in a certain sense, by sports futility. Again, that's very different from the Cowboys, who have 5 Super Bowl trophies and 8 Super Bowl appearances.

What are your other favorite sports teams? How is being a fan of them similar to or different from rooting for the Cowboys?

I enjoy watching other sports but none have the same passion as football and no team comes close to the Cowboys.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Cowboys, Spurs, Rangers, Stars. Quite a few Tx. college teams. Basically I'm a Texas sports homer.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
As far as Pro sports, .. I'm Cowboys, only Cowboys, all day, every day. :star:

I am a WVU Mountaineer fan in football and basketball.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Total opposite I only watch baseball now, haven't followed the NBA since MJ was a Bull. My favorite Baseball team is the Cardinals, they make sound decisions even if they are not popular, not offering the moon to Pujols, but it leaves them in contention every year, they were a couple of games away from the WS again last year. They have a very strong farm system and they will get hired guns for a few years to buy time for their farm system I actually think for a mid market team they handle things well enough to compete with the large market teams very well, the tradition of baseball in that town helps a lot also.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Dallas Cowboys are the #1 team in my book. Eveything else is way down the list. Of course, as I've gotten older even my passion for the Cowboys has weakened somewhat.

The Braves are my 2nd favorite pro team. They were the first team I saw live and I saw Hank Aaron hit his 690th homerun (6/15/73). I was a big Hank Aaron fan before that, but after that game I became a Braves' fan. The last 20 years or so they've been run a lot better than the Cowboys. Not too many years would I consider the Braves out of it. Can't say that about the Cowboys.

I've followed the Lakers since the Wilt Chamberlain days, but I've really cared about them during the Showtime days. Watching basketball back then was fun, but even with the championships years since I haven't gotten excited. But, saying that, the results compared to the Cowboys are far superior.

MC KAos

Reaction score
I grew up in Austin, so my dad was a cowboys/spurs/ut/rangers/Astros fan. I ended up being a UT, cowboys, spurs and rangers fan. I didn't want to be a fan of 2 teams so I chose the rangers mostly because pudge is probably my all time favorite player. I'm also a barça fan, going back to the days of ronaldihno, before their dominant current version. As for the differences...

Spurs: couldn't be more different, low key owner, no national attention, low key, long stay superstars, stable coaching situation (for the cowboys, it's never been stable in my lifetime). And parking/tickets aren't outrageously overpriced.

UT: starting to reflect the decline the cowboys went through in the late 90's, early 2000's. delusional decision makers (Deloss/Jerry) hanging on to the glory days long last their time. Did I mention Rick Barnes should have been fired 5 years ago?

Rangers: now a days, much more like the spurs, well run, no stupid financial mistakes, etc. it's early but the rangers seem to be run very well, unlike the cowboys.

Barça: they might be the best and most famous soccer club with the best player, but they build that much more like the packers do, from within, developing players. Real is more like a Jerry style team, just trying to buy their way to glory

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
Capitals, Nationals, Wizards..... Cowboys fit right in. One can't finish, another can't live up to the hype, and the third is straight pathetic. That being said, I am 90% Cowboys and leave 10% for the rest of the garbage.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
FiveRings;5073387 said:
Dallas Cowboys, New Jersey Devils, New York Mets and at the least, the Knicks.

My interests are pretty scattered, I see the Cowboys as a prestigious, tradition emphasized organization, while the Devils are more lunch pail cultured, but still with the same tradition (despite being a very new franchise). The Mets are by far the most different of the three, basically being a perennial laughing stock, loveable losers of sort's. However, even with a difference in style, I love all my teams equally.

The Sharks said early on they were going to follow the Devils model of team building. Nice gritty team they always put together.