How do the Cowboys compare with your other favorite teams?

dallazcowboyz94

Reaction score
Dallas cowboys, Houston rockets, gonzaga bulldogs, Seattle mariners, Seattle sounders. Common theme is they all choke in the postseason. From Texas live in Spokane.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Red Dragon;5073236 said:
In addition to being a Cowboys fan, I am also a San Antonio Spurs, Texas Rangers and Buffalo Sabres fan (the last one being 'sort-of;' I hardly follow hockey at all.)

Compared with those teams, the Cowboys are the only ones who have a very high profile, are glamorous, and get a lot of attention in the media. The San Antonio Spurs, my favorite NBA team, are kind of the opposite of the Cowboys - they are the epitome of a blue-collar, low-key, traditional, quiet, non-controversial type of team.

Neither the Rangers (baseball) nor Sabres have ever won a championship. They are characterized, in a certain sense, by sports futility. Again, that's very different from the Cowboys, who have 5 Super Bowl trophies and 8 Super Bowl appearances.

What are your other favorite sports teams? How is being a fan of them similar to or different from rooting for the Cowboys?

The Astros suck....actually I am wrong.....the Astros are worse than suck. I still root for them, but it is hard to follow them now, with that new Comcast contract and they are only on TV when they play the Rangers and Cubs. I can't believe how bad the team has fallen off since Biggio retired.....it saddens me.

The Spurs are the best team I root for. Year in and year out, they are a top team in the league. Sure they haven't won since 2007, but, they are right there and they don't go quietly.

The Penguins have been good since hiring Coach B. Yes, they underachieved the last two seasons. Though, Crosby had the concussion issue and Malkin got badly injured before the playoffs. They also had a few other injuries......but the real tragedy was the fact that their goalies, especially Fleury gave up like 50 goals to the Flyers in the series. There is no excuse for such horrid goaltending. They got by the Islanders, though the series was far tougher than it should have been. Now on to Ottawa. If they can find their groove again, especially Fleury, I can see a long playoff run and probaby another Stanley Cup.

Hopefully Mack Brown can get the Longhorns back on track, or else it will be another brutal season to watch. When will Texas tire of Rick Barnes, I know I have.

The TAMUCC Islanders suck. Since letting Coach Arrow go, they have been putrid. We need a new coach and a new direction in the worst way.

Converse Judson looks to be in position to have a very nice run this year. With a winning record they surpass Plano for sole possession of the longest streak of consecutive winning seasons in TX HS football history.

Dale Jr. has been struggling the last month, but he is still in the middle of the top 10. Maybe he can get on track and move up in the standings a bit.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Cowboys first and foremost always be #1 to me.
Florida Gators ever since Emmitt was a Gator I've been a fan
Lakers as it was with the Cowboys my dad raised me a Laker fan.
Kings always loved watching #99
Hate Hate Hate baseball

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys- most important team to me, and always will be
Mavs- Been rooting for the mavs my whole life but my interest in basketball has been fading over the years. Especially when Dirk retires I may not watch basketball but still a MFFL
Rangers- Very good season team, postseason struggles. Started liking them about 5 years ago when I was 12 and when I really started watching the MLB but I've been playing baseball since I was way younger
Stars- hockey is my more recent sports interest, as in within the last 3-4 years but the Stars have done nothing but frustrate me

It is in that order how recent I liked the teams. I was a Cowboys fan since I was 3 years old then everything Dallas just interested me. It's weird I guess liking all the teams from one area that you do not live in, but I take pride in that.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
The Cowboys have always been ranked #1 with my entire family. Although I grew up in California I can remember my father driving from Los Angeles to Thousand Oaks to watch them practice. He would tell me stories of how the games would be blocked out locally in Dallas and they would climb on top of the house to turn the antennae a certain way or drive to Tyler, Texas to watch the games. My other teams are the Lakers, Texas Rangers since the old Rusty Greer, Juan Gonzalez days etc....used to be the Dodgers before then....Notre Dame Fighting Irish for college football and Georgetown Hoyas for college basketball.....

Red Dragon

Reaction score
The success of the Spurs helps ease some of the disappointment that comes with being a Cowboys fan.

Reaction score
Red Dragon;5073236 said:
In addition to being a Cowboys fan, I am also a San Antonio Spurs, Texas Rangers and Buffalo Sabres fan (the last one being 'sort-of;' I hardly follow hockey at all.)

Compared with those teams, the Cowboys are the only ones who have a very high profile, are glamorous, and get a lot of attention in the media. The San Antonio Spurs, my favorite NBA team, are kind of the opposite of the Cowboys - they are the epitome of a blue-collar, low-key, traditional, quiet, non-controversial type of team.

Neither the Rangers (baseball) nor Sabres have ever won a championship. They are characterized, in a certain sense, by sports futility. Again, that's very different from the Cowboys, who have 5 Super Bowl trophies and 8 Super Bowl appearances.

What are your other favorite sports teams? How is being a fan of them similar to or different from rooting for the Cowboys?

I am a rabid Dallas Cowboy fan and have been since 1960 but I am a Minnesota Twin's and Minnesota Timberwolves fan. If I were a big hockey fan it be the Minnesota Wild. Having said this I should be ashamed as I am a born and raised Texan!:D

Blue Eyed Devil

Reaction score
Less successful with lower fan expectations and a worse coaching staff than my beloved Ohio State Buckeyes.

In Columbus the city is on fire if Ohio State loses 2 games in a season, in Dallas 8-8 is considered just fine.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Cowboys
Mavs - casual fan
Rangers - casual fan
Stars - less than casual fan
very little college

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Blue Eyed Devil;5090508 said:
In Columbus the city is on fire if Ohio State loses 2 games in a season, in Dallas 8-8 is considered just fine.

Apples and oranges. Elite teams in college typically face far weaker opponents for many games; hence why blowouts like 59-13 are common in college.

The NFL has far more parity.